The West Coast’s Mighty Steed - Discussion

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Feb 21, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

[​IMG]
    In December last year, we brought to you the iconic BR Class 370 ‘APT-P’, and today, we are happy to announce that its successor, the BR Class 390 ‘Pendolino’, is coming soon to Train Simulator, re-worked and appropriately liveried!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 8
  2. Mr395008

Mr395008 Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Jay, for those that already own the Class 390 will this be a free update?

4. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

5. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Will you still be able to use the old liveries (Intercity Swallow, Crimson Lake, Navy & Orange)? Also, is this something like what you did with the Class 66, like BR Class 390 v2.0, or is this an update to the existing 390? Thanks!

6. Danny41978

Danny41978 New Member

Fantastic news. Any info on how long we will have to wait??

7. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

Because DTG don't want to disappoint people if the release is delayed, they never give out release dates. It is like that, and it has always been like that.

8. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Can everyone who already owns the old 390 DLC, get a discount on the new one?

9. PaddyFancy

PaddyFancy New Member

All being well, as is the case with the Western Hydraulics, Class 419 GLV, and the Class 370 "Advanced Passenger Train", it'll probably take abour 4 weeks from the initial announcement to the eventual release of the product. Seems to be a common pattern so middle of March I predict?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

You could very well be right.

11. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As Virgin increased the train size from the initial 9 coaches to 11 coach I hope the new vehicles are included with the new release.
    And I hop the throttle shows the correct positions in the F3 HUD

Peter

13. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

We need this new add-on for TS2018 and in the actual livery is most welcome. As I shall buy this add-on for future scenarios I shall make :).

14. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

About time! Just please tell me you're doing these in the old Virgin livery instead of the new one. The new Pendolino livery sucks.

15. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

The old one, or both?

• Like Like x 2
  16. John Murphy

The old one. The original Pendolino livery with the red front and red roof. I hate the new Pendolino livery (I think it's called flowing silk or something like that) where you have the red spots at each end and then the rest of the train is just blank gray.

17. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

I agree mate. As I think something like a flowing red ribbon along the base of the carriages would break up the blandness. But that is just my opinion.

18. PaddyFancy

PaddyFancy New Member

I want the new Pendolino livery along with the old livery, if it saves the trouble of other people doing it. And no-one has done it so will it ever? If its there alongside the old livery you won't have to use it.

19. John Murphy

Oh yeah, that would work. Just as long as they don't do only the new livery.

20. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I think they'll definitely include the old one, judging by the thread's header image.

21. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

The new live article may have shown that the new flow silk is not available on the new class 390 but the 9 car and 11 car formation are both available.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  22. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

So just to answer a few of the questions in here (wow you guys are keen for this!):

Not at this time, we've remained entirely focused on creating the most iconic livery they've worn for most of their life. I'm not saying we won't ever do the newer livery but as far as I'm aware, it's only the classic one.

As this is an extensive rework and remodel of the set, and being brought to the Pro Range library, we felt it was more appropriate not to disturb the existing set (as there are numerous scenarios on Workshop and lots of people that still love the original pack). So what this means is that this will release as a separate pack and we're keen to add a reasonable discount for all of you that currently own the existing pack.

See Mr395008's answer above :)

Yes absolutely. We're not disturbing the original pack so you can still enjoy those ones if that's what you prefer.

I can't really say when this would be as things can and do move around based on where they're at in development and testing but I will say that it's not too far away and will likely arrive at Platform 1 within the next month or so ;)

Yes, absolutely - it's something we feel is important and you'll almost certainly agree that the new Pro Range pack is a step up from the original. However, if you want to stay with what you have, that's perfectly fine too :)

Both the 9 and 11 vehicle sets will be included with the new pack. As for the HUD, I have asked the team to report back on this if it's going to be a problem.

I'm assuming you're meaning the livery that they've worn through much of their life - if this is the case, then I'm pleased to confirm this.

Hope the above helps :)

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Its_Chris_2003

Its_Chris_2003 New Member

Aw, I like the new Virgin Livery aswell as the old. I think personally, it should be atleast at a very very low price to those who own the original, as we were only buying the original pendolino for the reskin