Class 26?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Jan 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I'e never seen one, no.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

There are actually items that require the Class 26. It DID exist as part of the Iron Horse House catalog, which was absorbed into DTG when the company folded. As of yet, the Class 26 is not made available since then.

There is also a "bonus content" pack that is necessary for some items, such as this one. That pack was given for free with purchase of other products. That pack is currently not available unless it's bundled with one of those packs (and in my opinion, it SHOULD be). Heck, put the 26 in with the 27.

5. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Yes for some reason the 5 scenarios used the old route - The Port Road 00000010-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 Port Road [No Longer Available] [DTG] UK.
    Plus in My Purchase details for IHH the Lot
    Class 26 Diesel Locomotive SECML

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  6. Cyclone

There you go. The Class 26 is needed still for items, and if there is no licensing reason for its removal, it SHOULD be made available again. With the old bonus content. That way, these older items can still be used as designed. Sure, we can swap items with Ts-Tools, but it's starting to become the norm that we need to change out content to make scenarios work. This is something that should not be necessary since it's a third-party tool.

Speaking of Port Road, include it with WLOS. I am actually curious if the old Port Road scenarios will work with that if you move them into the folder since the coordinates will be similar.

7. Peter Hayes

Cyclone
    I'll have a look!
    So I tried two:
    Dumfries Slow and Helping Hand Pro.
    Both opened with a broken consists error - F2 fixed that.
    Got into the cab and in both cases as I started to move - OOM.
    Too cowardly to try any more!
    They were made in 2011 so unfortunately may not work.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  8. Cyclone

Pity. Guess someone with access to the route would have to either remake them or otherwise get the information for someone with the route to use in such a remake. I would love to see the scenarios made for the existing WLOS. Not that I'm in a hurry; I'm not getting into a steam engine extremely soon and all of the existing scenarios there are Steam given the time period. But as I said, I wish Port Road would just now bundle with WLOS. If Port Road itself is broken, I understand why it isn't, but it's an unfortunate lost relic of the older days. Same with Hatchet Hill Quarry.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Port Road was done as shorter route then expanded to become Western Lines of Scotland
    Not sure what you would gain having two routes one of which covers all of the other route?

10. Cyclone

Existing scenarios. I've seen some in the Workshop.

11. Peter Hayes

P749
    Not sure what you would gain having two routes one of which covers all of the other route?

Doesn't that happen a lot already in TS 20XX?
    North Wales Coastal
    SWC
    Chatham Mainline
    GW Mainline and so on?

12. Cyclone

Add to this US examples in Peninsula Corridor, and North Jersey Coast Line to Morristown. And in the above examples, Western Mainlines covers the SWC and Exeter-Paignton sections (the latter through the extensions to the route, which normally ends at Exeter, but can run all the way to Penzance and also up to the Oxford-Bicester segment), and also the Bishop Auckland to Darlington route from JT, which is from a different time period but otherwise fully contained withn Weardale and Teesdale. One more: Bristol-Exeter is fully within the Southwestern Expressways map, but is still a separate and very expensive DLC and the price, it seems, isn't going to drop because they still want to make money on it - which is ironic because Tom said ON STREAM that there is no point in buying it anymore! It was in reply to MY question on-air! I would still pay $14 for it at 60% off and it's the prerequisite for other things, not the newer route! Oye...

So yes, plenty of duplication. But this thread is about the locomotive.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  13. Peter Hayes

Cyclone
    I managed to get the Dumfries Slow to load OK - but I could not get the Class 26 to move it was unresponsive to any controls.
    TS_Tools does NOT record any missing DLC nor does it flag any of the scenarios as invalid, so with the broken consist error it may mean that none of the original class 26 scenarios will work in the WLOS. Off to test the next one!

It gets more complicated the "All Stations" scenario is for the IHH Class 24 and that has 3 other scenarios for the original "Old Port Road"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  14. Cyclone

I'm going to assume the train might be broken, then? I'd be curious to see it replace into another scenario and see if it works there. It's starting to seem like the 26 might just no longer work, meaning a replacement model is a good idea.

15. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Why can't you use a Class 27 as a substitute for the 26? I can't see much difference between them.

Ok, burn the heretic, but the question has to be asked.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Not really - DTG does not bundle the older version of the route with the newer version.
    And the older version remains on sale

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  17. inversnecky

Thanks, Cat, sorry, thought I'd already replied.

Having a bit of a problem. The instructions are:

"Unzip the file to a temporary location, ie. desktop.

1. Go to the asset folder:
    (Assets\RSC\Class27Pack01)
    and extract the Class27Pack01Assets.ap file using either RW Tools or 7-zip.

2. Install the .rwp file using the TS Package Manager.

3. Go to the asset folder:
    (Assets\RSC\Class27Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_27\Default\Engine)
    and copy the following file : Class_27_LOCO.GeoPcDx.

4. Now go to the asset folder:
    (Assets\RSC\Class27Pack01\RailVehicles\Diesel\Class_27\preTOPS_blue2\Engine)
    and paste the following file : Class_27_LOCO.GeoPcDx.

5. Clear Cache!"

All ok to step 3 - there is no folder called "default", so I'm assuming it's a placeholder. These are the folder in that location: a choice of three.

27 DPS folder.png

I copied the Class_27_LOCO.GeoPcDx file from the first and pasted as required in step 4, cleared cache, but no bonny blue 27 appears in TS. :(

What have I done wrong?!

18. inversnecky

Just calming down after week of furious apoplectic rage, hehe :)

There are a number of differences, the main one being the 27 has a headcode box, the 26s were initially fitted with headcode discs. The windows were rounder on the 27 with use of rubber grommets.

See, they look completely different! :)

both.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I don't see Default either. I suggest just copy the GeoPcDx files and paste in the Pre TOPS as per instructions.
    I successfully installed these reskins a while back. So not sure if I can help any further.

20. inversnecky

Thanks anyway, Cat. I see the instructions differ slightly with each variant. Maybe I’ll have better luck with another...

21. Cyclone

Just for reference, I did post asking for the Class 26 in suggestions the other day or so. Would be nice to get the old pack, but maybe an updated one would not be a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  22. inversnecky

I just thought it would be nice to see, as in my youth it was the main loco on the ANI route, together with 47s and the odd 27.

23. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

ANI route??? Aberdeen - Inverness...???

24. inversnecky

Yes

25. Peter Hayes

I
    All ok to step 3 - there is no folder called "default", so I'm assuming it's a placeholder. These are the folder in that location: a choice of three.

The "default" is in the ,ap file E:\STEAM\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\Class27Pack01\Class27Pack01Assets.ap - so if you have extracted that .ap file correctly there now should be a "default" folder under Rail Vehicles. I would say you have extracted the .ap file to another place on your computer.
    BTW using 7-zip - Open Archive and drilling down to the default folder (see below) you only need to copy the GeoPcDx file and not the whole .ap file - saves space and computing power.

class 27 assets.png

26. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

Headcode boxes and discs could be present or absent within members of the same class elsewhere, so I don't think that's a compelling reason for a Class 26, when there's already a 27. But you're welcome to lobby for it, though I think you'll be a long time waiting.

Isn't there a reskin somewhere of a 27 with a headcode box?

27. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look here https://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/

Under RF72 Reskins is Locomotives and you will find 4 blue and one green Class 27s some with working headcode boxes

Peter

28. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I presume DTG have the class 26 in their possession. I have asked a couple of times about the possibility of re-releasing some more of the ex IHH catalogues, it falls on death ears, unless they just don't like me!

Some of the IHH items might need too much work for DTG to consider them viable but the class 26 seems to be as good as the IHH class 27 which was re-released although I think the sound has been worked on.

Yes it is similar to a class 27, but then so is a class 375 compared to a class 377, if DTG supplied a class 377 when the route should have a class 375 there would be much gnashing of teeth.

29. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

I'm not a rivet counter but I can tell the difference between a SR 4EPB and a BR 4EPB, It is the subtle differences that makes all the ...er difference.

• Like Like x 4
  30. theorganist

I made a couple of scenarios on the backdated North London Line using a reskin of the DTG class 416. It was only after whilst looking at some photo's that I realised that the DTG one is the BR one and therefore the wrong one, where the ones used on the NLL were SR ones. I felt quite deflated!

• Like Like x 2
  31. Cyclone

Are you able to do texture modeling? If so, you can make your own and use it. And heck, make scenarios with it too!

32. theorganist

I wish, I don't think I would know where to start. If I could model I would model some first generation DMU's.

I think if I did do some modelling and made scenarios too, I would never actually do any driving.

33. Cyclone

Uh...what?

• Like Like x 1