Base Ps4 Preview Stream For Sehs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by stujoy, Jan 30, 2021.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Can I suggest that we have a preview stream showing Southeastern High Speed on the lowest spec PS4 so customers on console can be sure it works well.

I’m being very cautious about buying things and would very much like to see a stream on the same machine that I play on before parting with the full price for the route. I’m sure there are many players who feel the same after HMA, although I’m not expecting the level of performance issues that had.

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 15
  2. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think that this should be done, especially as there is no refund policy on PS4, so we can't try it out like you can do on steam.

• Like Like x 6
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

So they should do a preview on all platforms "just in case"?

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yes in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

So that's seven different PS4 models, Seven Xbox 360 or higher models...
    And how about PC? My GPU / CPU combination might be affected when others aren't...
    So that's got to be at least 20 different hardware streams they'd have to do

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I agree it is a ridiculous notion, but hey-ho one of the more recent routes doesn't function completely on 67% of the userbase's equipment plus ongoing AMD Ryzen issues on PC so you can see why people might get a bit twitchy. Its a ridiculous position to be in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

DTG are limiting the layers on the routes whilst acknowledging that it DOES work on many models of the consoles, indeed they locked it down on some versions (probably by referring to OS codes) and this meant it appeared on other versions of said hardware (which likely had different OS codes) so then they went back and locked it down on others just in case

AMD Ryzen issues are a known driver balls up by AMD, their software and drivers recently has caused loads of issues, not just for TSW

8. tallboy7648

Just ps4 and xbox one and. Besides the majority of players are on console so it would be cool to see how it does with those consoles. And why mention Xbox 360 when this game is not available on the 360

• Like Like x 2
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

If they show it on PS4/Xbox One (either one of these since the performance & fidelity is comparable), that gives the majority of the player-base a baseline on what to expect, your comment takes this question out of proportion.

In any case showing the route on PC, then on a base console represents a better proportion of the market, as opposed to showing all 3 streams on PC.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ARuscoe

I've said before they could easily do a side by side comparrison of gameplay on all platforms, but people seem to forget that "a PS4 isn't a PS4" and there are multiple versions of that, hence asking about "all platforms" because there are over 20
    They've already stated that there are several issues being brought to light where specific hardware on a single console revision is giving them some issues

11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

At the end of the day you can't make everyone happy.

What this does show you is that Sony's quality control on the PS4 was seriously lacking during the manufacturing stage.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean from a bug prospective yes, but from an FPS & Graphical standpoint the differences between a PS4/PS4 Slim & PS4 Pro are quite minimal when it comes to TSW 2, the pro does not even give native 4k, by the time it's targeted and achieved its highest quality it's around 1800p.

In any case showing the game run on a standard PS4 gives more people a better idea of what they're actually getting.

QA between different consoles is something they should be doing anyway, but irrelevant to showing the game running on a base console.

• Like Like x 3
  13. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I don't think this idea is ridiculous, PS4 and Xbox One are comparable in terms of performance, but they are a lot behind a good PC.

A stream either on a base PS4 or Xbox One would give a good amount of the player base a better idea of the route they are buying. Of course not every console is the same and there are a million of variables that can impact individual systems, especially considering many of those consoles are 3/4 years old (or even older), but it would still be closer than PC.

It could also highlight console only problems, such as the IoW's LOD mess.

People with slighty better hardware (i.e. One X, PS4 Pro) can then simply expect a bit more than what they are seeing.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

My request is in line with what they have done before but when they have done a PS4 preview stream it has been a PS4 Pro which is a more powerful machine. Showing it on a lower spec PS4 should cover all of them, performance wise, if it is shown to run well. They recently showed a route on xbox. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request.

• Like Like x 3
  15. tallboy7648

This request is not unreasonable. They should do streams on the lowest spec console to see what last gen is getting

• Like Like x 2