Moving Cameras

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Odd1ne, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

Hi
    I cannot figure out how to move the camera on the external views cannot pan anywhere I know there must be a way as you have a free cam. Anyone help?

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Hit Y when you are on the outside.

Default mode has you controlling the train from the outside, hit Y to swap from train control to camera control or vice versa.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

Cheers sorted

4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Thanks- that's a big help!

5. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

I just purchased the sim. I'm sorry, I know I must be doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to get to the free/external camera at all no matter what I do. Is it possible to view the train from the outside while you're in control of it?

6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Click in the right stick until a menu pops up- there should be two options (internal views, and external views), use left stick to highlight external views and press "A". A new menu should pop up (front, front boom, rear, rear boom, free camera), select the view you want, and press "A". You will then be switched to the selected external view- NOTE: the game defaults to "train control" in the external views, so if you move the left stick, for example, it will change the position of the reverser. If you just want to move the camera around in external view, press "Y" to toggle to "camera control" and back again. When you want to go back to internal view, click in right stick until the menu pops up, and then press "A" twice (will take you back to Engineer seat). On the Class 66 there are other internal views you can select as well.

Hope this helps a little- it's very confusing at first, but once you get a hang of it, it's not too bad. I'm not sure if there's a way to map a "cycle view" button, but that would be really helpful!

7. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

Ahhh there we go! Thank you so much!

8. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

That took me ages to figure out lol