Why Has Tsw2 Forgotten My Dovetail Live Login?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Purno, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I remember this was the same kind of annoyance I had in TSW2020 which is why I eventually just skipped on Dovetail Live altogether. I had hoped it was addressed in TSW2, but apparently it suffers from the same thing. Instead of automatically logging in, it has forgotten my info and want me to manually log in. It's a shame because I think the Dovetail Live features are promising, and I take it it's also a good method for DTG collecting data on how people play the game.

Could anything be done to address this issue so that TSW2 actually remembers the login info and can keep on automatically logging in?

• Like Like x 8
  2. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I've wondered that. It seems to remember it for a few logins but then need me to type it in again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Elvin84

Elvin84 New Member

I have the same problem, just like it was in TSW2020.

4. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Same here! It's not so bad on a PC, but I have the same happen with my xbox account and entering text on a game controller is a real pain! I've even tried linking accounts in the DTL profile but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

5. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to create a thread about this too, it's doing my head in! Never happened on TSW1 but I'm constantly having to login on TSW2, please get this sorted so it remembers your login details.

6. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Same here, it remembers the login only a couple of days.

7. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Same here I’ve now turned off the prompts to login for the time being.

8. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

It is a real pain having to do it everytime I agree, I had it logging out everytime on TSW1 as well.

9. DrunkenJim

DrunkenJim New Member

Hi all,

I agree this needs to be sorted, as said further up, i just end up not bothering to log in. I use lastpass which means i need to alt tab out copy paste etc.

Cheers,

Jim

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Since I logged in to DTG Live on PS4 Pro on 20 August with TSW 2, I haven’t needed to login again.

11. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone, sorry you're experiencing issues with this, I have passed this along for it to get looked into.

In the meantime if you are on a console you can use 'account linking' when you first log in that should keep you better logged in long-term by automatically logging you in if you ever find yourselves logged out, this of course isn't a permanent fix.

Unfortunately this feature is currently exclusive to consoles and not yet supported on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. bart.rousseau

bart.rousseau Member

I see this on PC. The period during which TSW2 remembers credentials seems to vary. I don't think there have been any updates recently so I don't think it is linked to updates. I've been playing TSW2 on a daily basis during my holidays so it is not signing out after a period of inactivity. This is obviously not a big deal but it is annoying...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

for me it is always around a week that the game remembers the login

• Like Like x 1
  14. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I have been having this problem since day one on PC. It seems to randomly forget. This is the only program I own which gives me this login headache. I somehow don't expect it to be resolved.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

could it be something simple like the cookies or whatever going stale after 48 hours or so?

16. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

It happens to me too and agree it's a pain, and one that has gone unfixed for an embarrassingly long time. Something similar - I started experiencing a lot of unreal engine crashes on two particular routes and after a futile period of troubleshooting, i ended up totally removing steam and reinstalling. Imagine my surprise to discover that my Dovetail Live driver was gone, along with all my progress over months, collections, everything. So i started back from level 1 again, but don't have the patience to do the collections again. Why they can't have a 'career driver' that shows progress on all their train simulators, allows you to change driver photo/uniform/etc, and persistently remembers your progress, escapes me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I seem to recall that it's correlated with Steam updates; apparently there's a data file with login info that get scrubbed when the Steam software is replaced.

18. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I doubt it, my other games don't require me to keep signing in. I also play Truck Simulator and I can't remember the last time I had to sign in.

• Like Like x 2
  19. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

It should at least remember the email adress previously provided when login

• Like Like x 2
  20. Scorpion71

Surely a simply 'remember me' tickbox would be something?

It's getting on my nerves having to login every time oh and a 'skip mastery remember option' would be nice too!

• Like Like x 3
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It is a pest so I just skip it. When/if it is fixed I will log in again.

• Like Like x 1
  22. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Yh happens to me to

23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Weird- I have never had a problem, except when Steam updates.

24. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Doesn't really give you anything extra if you do login anyway so might as well just skip it permenantly.

25. Scorpion71

Anymore news on this after "being looked into"

It's everyday now I'm having to keep logging in and it's become really really really really really really really annoying.

• Like Like x 6
  26. zsolt_93

zsolt_93 Member

I have had it happen today again, I think its related when they do maintenance on the Live servers, I am also being logged out in the browser the same way. I agree that at least it should remember your credentials and log you in whenever this happens. At least the website seems to work better than when TSW2 came out and if failed to load 9/10 times

27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have noticed this myself over the last wo days I have had to login both times. There was a time when it remember you for a lot longer than it's now. Bit annoying I agree to have to login everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Something's wrong. I had to log in twice today. That shouldn't be necessary.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...yep, this still happens to me too on my PS4 from time to time. For me, it seems totally random... sometimes I can go for a week or more without having to log back in- other times I have to log in several times per week. Pretty frustrating, been dealing with this issue since early 2020 (with TSW 2020).

30. chocolatefox2

chocolatefox2 New Member

Driving me nuts. Can't log into dovetail live on my new xbox s at at all. Just says that dovetail live is unavailable all the time. Pity this lovely game has so many bugs and problems. Really puts me off buying it when my gamepass expires. Is there a solution to this please?

31. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Wow DTG Natster reported it back on the 9th September last year and guess what....bugger all as happened

• Like Like x 3
  32. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I just wanted to report the same issue is now happening to me on both TSW2 and TS2021. It's one of my top 2 most annoying bugs in the game because whenever I log in, I can only go a few sessions before being logged out, so I now just skip the screen, but I don't tick "never ask me again" because I do want to be logged in, but I don't want to be annoyed by this every time it starts up! Why has nothing been done about this since September? That's 5 months now, to fix something that although is not game-breaking, is HIGHLY annoying EVERY TIME I use the game. Surely that should be quite high up on the list?

33. Scorpion71

Looks like it's been filed under 'F' for forget or 'I' for ignore as there's been no update in responses.

34. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

Yep, it does seem that way. It's not on the roadmap, so...seems like they don't really care about Dovetail Live. Maybe I just won't bother. I don't even really know what it's for tbh!

35. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Just sign out of it permanently. You really aren’t missing anything and you don’t get that annoying pop up every time you launch TSW.

36. joseph.gov.uk

joseph.gov.uk Member

I've changed my password hundreds of times to try and log into the DT Live in the game. Still doesn't work...

37. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Just to support the issue. It is annoying and happens at least every time something changes at the news page, but it may happen more often.