Scenario Packs Vs Single Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Bickerstaff, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

I'm currently planing another scenario pack but then a though struck me and I wondered if anyone would like to share their opinions. Releasing a pack means I can make a number of scenarios based on a specific theme or era with the only downside being a possible high (15/20) number of dlc's. The other side of the argument is to still make the scenarios featured but release them singly, this means less dlc per item but they're not themed together and take up more space on the website.

Either way they get made and released

Any thoughts are welcome I'd like to know what my audience (or not ) prefer

Regards LB

2. JFH

JFH Member

It's a trade off being high DLC requirements or ease of use. Which one is more important to you?

I'm still yet to release my own pack yet (RL stuff and such) but I'd focus more on making sure people could download/play the scenarios rather than having to complete a checklist first.

Armstrong Powerhouse comes to mind here... People got pissed when they released their 168/170/171 EP and then updated their scenario packs.

3. Lord Bickerstaff

Lord Bickerstaff Member

scenario packs with lot's of DLC do work - seen a few on UKTS that do well also my WCML and the midlands proves the point, although the high dlc and big .rwp file could cause trouble. So here's my remedy

1) Instead of releasing the pack as 1 big .rwp file it's released as a one scenario =1 .rwp file basis
    2) All .rwp's plus the standard PDF file I make still come bundled together to download (so it's still a 'pack') but they can be individually installed.
    3) The big dlc list for the (whole) pack to work is still visible but...
    4) .... I'll be providing a seperate link to a google drive text file breaking down the dlc needed for each scenario - this saves people needing to download the pack and finding out the can only run x amount of scenarios, they can just look at for google doc and see what they can do.

Hoping to roll this out with my next 3 journey scenario's which are all finished just waiting on Waggonz 315)

4. JFH

JFH Member

You're not the only one waiting on that 315. ;-)