Y103 - West Bound Delivery

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Paul van Vondelen, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Paul van Vondelen

Paul van Vondelen New Member

Hello,

I have recently start to play TWS2 coming from Train Simulator. I'm trying to complete the mission Y103 but when I drop of the wagons I'm blocked to pass them after wards. I read in the rodmap documentation that this was fixed so I'm wondering if that is correct (I configured the software to autoupdate and I'm on build 77) or if I'm making a mistake.

Thanks for your help.

Paul.

2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I don't recognize the mission and, given that I tend to create problems rather than solve them :), I am unlikely to be able to help. However, if you could be just a bit more specific with the route, loco, and service/scenario, there are some great people here who can hopefully help you out.

You may be familiar with this, but my standard "Welcome" post includes these recommendations:

The first is by geloxo; Train Sim World Special Features:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1693369538
    The second is by Rudolf; it is the TSW2 Starters Guide which can be downloaded here:
    https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator/
    There is plenty of other good stuff on that site as well.

I still enjoy TS, but there are so many cool things in TSW2; especially the dispatcher which is dynamic, unlike TS. However, that's a whole separate discussion!

Welcome!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Paul, this is a known issue with the TSW2 port of Sand Patch Grade. I don't see that it's going to be fixed any time soon, but there are workarounds:

• Set switches and zig-zag around the offending locos
    • Get in the errant locos and drive them out of the way
    • Bulldoze them out of the way, you have enough horsepower
    • Couple to them and make them part of your consist!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The fix for this and other issues for Y103 were listed as "released" as of the roadmap of 11/24/20. I haven't looked at this service recently but I'm surprised it still has this problem. When I last ran into this bug, my solution was to push the offending vehicles on to an adjacent track. That was before it was ( apparently) fixed.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. solicitr

I last played this a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't fixed.

6. EFIAL

EFIAL New Member

Same two locos are in my way. I tried to solve it by couple my concist to the locos and drive them to another track but then a message came up "Derailed" and the game stopped. Fix this please......I have played TSW2 for about one week......

7. solicitr

Coupling has to be done slowly- 2 mph or less - or you'll get a derailment

8. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, the basic problem of this scenario is an AI-Multiple Unit that is scheduled as rear MU for the train you´ll have to complete. It is already waiting asides to take it´s part in the scenario...

Y103 locos.PNG

This AI-driven MU will start moving at 1 P.M., no matter if you have already finished your shunting, so the challenge is, to complete your activities within a timeframe of 55 minutes (from 12:05 till 1:00 PM). Or even reach the third last objective from where you can get away, and let the AI-MU do their work. (I remember me hurrying over the three way switch without having the right path set and waiting for the AI-MU to get out my path, to return to my scheduled path afterwards the first time I was able to complete the scenario).

y103 third lo.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  9. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I too did this not long ago, on PC, and it is definitely not fixed. Not even a little. I figured I'll couple up, then back up and push them into an adjacent siding, but when trying to complete this maneuver, I got boxed in by a train coming from behind. Most annoying.

10. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Right, I remember encountering this annoying bug some months ago! Wow, so it still exists!
    I just approached them slowly, coupled to them and then uncoupled immidiately. Then reversed back to make way for them through the points. They should start moving into yard after that and clear your path.

11. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue.

My solution (not shown in the video), I just hooked up to the helper set making them part of my consist, completed my switching as directed, then put to helper set back on the outbound train.

12. EFIAL

EFIAL New Member

Ok solved it thanks to grob-e. Start over and get it done faster.......no locos in my way

• Like Like x 3