Tsc Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Driftgod, Jan 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftgod

Driftgod New Member

/title

is it possible to appeal your ban on the TSC discord?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The train simulator discord server (discord is another social media platform)

3. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

The bigger question is, what on Earth are these?

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

That would be the Train Sim Community Discord server, a community run server to talk about all things Train Sim related. It's not owned or operated by DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

It is possible to appeal your ban.
    If you will be sucessful in getting unbanned is another question though.

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I guess it would come down to why you were banned in the first place. Sometimes trying to get a ban overturned is not always easy, you may be better just moving on.

7. Driftgod

Driftgod New Member

glad to know, is there a link or something that I can use to make an appeal?

8. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi all, the TSC discord is not run by us, so you'd have to take it up with the people who run it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. SJA

SJA Active Member

How does one manage to be controversial enough, or argumentative enough, on a train sim discussion to get banned lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

It's not as difficult as you may think!

• Like Like x 3
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It can be done.

I think mentioning class 117 DMU's too often could eventually lead to one, so I am probably halfway there!

The only thing I ever got banned from was the Acton Scott working farm museum shop for bouncing one of those rubber eggs which I lost control of, it was quite embarrassing as a nearly 40 year old! They did let back me in later.

• Like Like x 3
  12. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

You have to defend DTG against not decent words from some people only = you get muted for 2 hours. The other person can continue, because it should be freedom of expression. I took the consequence and ended my TSC membership. But I will stay in the Trainsimworld2community founded from AnthonyAmtrak. The people there criticize DTG sometimes, what I think is normal. But they never used not decent words.

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The people in TSC never use words that are out of proportion.
    I seen why you were muted and the real reason was because you continued the arguement after the mods told you enough.

What the other user's (who I shall not name here) language was not "innappropriate" as you claimed. In reality that one's on you.

14. docsnyder1911

Than please repeat that words from that person if they are so appropriate. And muting people that critize people for inadequate words, if the mods don't intervene against inappropriate words is not a behavior I can accept. And that's why I quit there forever.

15. trainsimplayer

Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where it became your server.
    However the forum rules are a bit stricter, and I shan't chance it.
    However you took the matter completely out of proportion. The 'innappropriate' arguement would be fair on the forums, not on a discord server.

16. docsnyder1911

Than again repeat that words if they are so appropriate. Than let the people decide, if it is appropriate. And other discord servers like Trainsimword2 are strictly watching on good behavior. That shows that it is possible.

17. trainsimplayer

Again, the forum rules are stricter.

The reason TSC Is slight more relaxed is because (naturally, as a discord server) it is for 13+.

But, just to prove a point, here's the words.

"Half-arsed".

And I don't really think there is a warning in there because A) it's a quote and B) It's in context. But you can continue to complain if you feel.

18. docsnyder1911

Ah and you forgot to add, that that person used that bad word for the DTG people. And don't forget even an internet chat is not a law free room.

I would never use such bad words whether in real or in the internet.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  19. trainsimplayer

It's hardly a bad word. Just slightly if any.

And he wasn't using it about DTG's staff, just some content.

20. docsnyder1911

Definition of offending = action s or words that make other persons or groups feel hurt, angry or upset

And that bad words, I never would say, are completely within that definition.

And offending is also if someone use inappropriate words about the work of other people.

You will realize that, if you watch in the (case) law. You should try.

21. trainsimplayer

Oh just quit moaning about it. It's a discord server. Not the Zoom call for the Biden Administration.

• Like Like x 2
  22. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

...sigh.... 2021... first world feefees..

I managed to get banned from a boardgame forum due to commenting in the single political thread they had going last year in all the chaos. As a rule politics should get discussed on forums unless such forums are dedicated to politics (rightly so. It causes far less stress that way). In boardgames - the only politics should be those represented by the game being played IMHO.
    Anyway, I expressed an opinion contrary to the the overall trend of the thread (bashing a games company for not virtue signalling). Boom, permanent ban and a slur against my name.

• Like Like x 2
  23. docsnyder1911

Like I said before. An Internet chat is not a law free space. Offending is offending. There is no difference between real life and an internet chat. You really should following my recommendation and watch into the (case) law.

24. docsnyder1911

It depends what your understanding of bashing is. If the words you did are not within the law, than it is not within the right of expressing an opinion.

Criticism is always possible.

For example you can say a game has following problems... There is no need for inappropriate words.

25. WhippleStripper

WhippleStripper Well-Known Member

I really wouldn't worry if you think you're wrongfully banned from things on the internet. For most of us it's not real life.

As my father used to say: "Life is too short to worry about such things".

• Like Like x 2
  26. docsnyder1911

I can strongly recommend not follow recommendations like it is the internet only or life is to short.

Because for the state attorneys it is not relevant by the law.

The only things that they accept a little, are if the offended person offended the offender bevor, because than from them begun the breaking of law and insulting of the rights of other people. Sometimes they accept a little if the offender has heavy personal problems, that must be proofed by a doctor.

And offending people in the Internet is much more dangerous than in real life. Much more people will recognize the downmaking of a human. And for some of the offended it is very hard if they recognize which inappropriated words were made about them.

For me it is like at my real profession, my colleges in the department and me do everything that law will preval everyday.

27. trainsimplayer

I genuinely can't take this seriously. You're doing something a 5 year old would do:

"Youw'r not suppwosed to say that word, that's a bad word for bad pweople."

Just stop moaning and get on with it.

• Like Like x 1
  28. docsnyder1911

If you want to convince people of your legal point of view, you should use definitions or legal explanations, not short statements without anything like that.

29. trainsimplayer

There's nothing legal about it.

I'm beginning to think it's time to fly the troll flag.

30. docsnyder1911

Offending is not a legal thing? And you brought me in the direction of a troll? You should overthink your words very much.

31. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Rather a half bottomed argument.

• Like Like x 1
  32. docsnyder1911

What is not enough on my words. Sure it was a bit short. But the complete legal explanations I delivered in my posts before. And I had no lust to repeat them the whole time.

33. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

The problem is that being offended is a subjective thing. What offends you may not offend me and vice versa.
    At the end of the day people can be offended all they like, but as long as it's nothing illegal that is being said or done, the person who says they are offended by something is the only person who gets upset.

Sometimes you need to pull on your big boy/girl/non binary identifying pants and just move on!

• Like Like x 1
  34. docsnyder1911

Offending is not subjective. There is a strictly legal definition. You can read it in a former post from me. And the border of the freedom of speech is reached by offending other people.

35. trainsimplayer

It's fully subjective.
    Different people are offended by different things.
    Certain people aren't offended by certain things.

The only offences that are truly definable are making fun of someone for:

Race/Ethnicity, Colour, Heritage, Nationality, Gender, Disability, views.

There is no legal definition for someone giving an opinion on content. Ever heard of critiscm? Grow up.

• Like Like x 2
  36. docsnyder1911

If it crossed the border of an offending than its not backed from the right of telling an opinion. And the examples you told are not complete. You really should follow my advice and watch the (case) law. Criticism or opinion is always possible. But putting down people with words is not included from the right of the freedom of expression. It's so everywhere in the world. Even if it is in the internet or in real.

And I would never say to people with an other opinion they should grow up. You exactly know what you implied with that. And you should choose your words to other people much more carefully.

Otherwise the other person will critize you again. That is completely included of the freedom of speech.

And like I said before, I will never use inappropriate words.

And if people really want to change something with criticism, than it is contraproductive to do that with inadequate words, because the other person will not watch on the part of the criticism, that is true. That person will watch primarily on the inadequate words and will psychological block the whole criticism.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  37. trainsimplayer

You don't know a single thing about these laws, do you.

You. Can't. Make. Offending. Someone. Illegal.

Because. It. Is. Highly. Subjective.

Governments have tried and (unless it's a flat-out dictatorship) Failed.

Because offence is subjective.

I'll give you the two options that you have.

1) Stand down and admit you're in the wrong
    2) Continue this tomfoolery and ignore the fact that you're wrong and everyone here knows you are.

Make your pick.

• Like Like x 2
  38. docsnyder1911

Putting down people is not subjective only. It is an offending and you can ask law teachers, judges and attorneys. They all give you that answer. And as a little recommendation here in Germany we are very strict against offending. For example there were police officers. They putting down people with words in a private group chat. The result was, that they got a disciplineary punishment from the police department.

That means the law will always prevail. You can be sure.

39. trainsimplayer

Cap and a half right here. they weren't putting anyone down, they were making FAIR critical comments about content.

Considering the subjective nature, I find it hard to believe a country like Germany would shut it down. Any bans like this infringe Freedom of Speech, and that is a fact.

No surprise. Police Officers are setting an example

The proper way to deal with "offensive" content (which this wasn't) is discourage it. You can't ban something which is subjective.

Also, let me ask you this.

Did any DTG Staff (the ones in the server) reply to the post saying they were offended by it?

Because if not it ain't offensive.

As I said, it's fair critical comments about content and I think anyone who isn't blinded by arrogance could see it.

• Like Like x 1
  40. docsnyder1911

The word, that I never would use, was not fair criticism of DTG.

It was downputting the work of the DTG stuff.

But perhaps in your world that is all normal.

But than you have to accept that over people critize that words. Because than the freedom of speech is complete. Especially if the other person does not use inappropriate words.

41. trainsimplayer

So now you're using Freedom of Speech as a defense of your own?

It wasn't downputting the work of DTG, it was completely fair critical views. And, as you say, they can say it in their rights to freedom of speech ;)

• Like Like x 1
  42. docsnyder1911

And exactly against putting down people in the Internet we made a special law here in Germany. So that there is no law free space.

• Like Like x 1
  43. trainsimplayer

Well, as far as I'm aware, TSC Server doesn't operate under German law :) so I think it's about time you ended this mess.

Also, fun fact: you were muted on the server for continuing to argue with the other member after the mods told you lot enough was enough.

• Like Like x 1
  44. docsnyder1911

I don't have to defend my self. I only used some of your arguments to show what is the right legal result. That is a technic each law student learns at the beginn of his studies and judges and attorneys use that every day.

And the server has to respect german law too. You will recognize if you watch in the law.

And to argue using the freedom of expression. If other people critize other people they have to accept that other persons critize them back. And nothing other I did on that TSC server. But instead of deleting the person that putting down people I was muted from them for two hours.

And that was unexaptable for me. A person that defending the law and the rights of other people should be warmly welcomed and not punished. And even an excuse I didn't got from that server.

That's why I left that TSC server forever.

• Like Like x 1
  45. docsnyder1911

In addition of facts the senior producer of TS and TSW left the TSC server a year ago. Before that you could have such nice talks with him there. But than he left, because some people overstretched their freedom of expression. And since that time that server was not so much interesting for me like before.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Seriously guys.. Drop it already..

• Like Like x 1
  47. docsnyder1911

Thank you Reef. I would do that emidiatly if Trainsimplayer would do it too. I accept his opinion, but then he should accept mine too. Especially he should not call my behavior as childish.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It takes two to argue, it only takes one to end it.

• Like Like x 2
  49. docsnyder1911

Thank you Reef. You convinced me. I will end that here. And I want to express, that you are a very kind person.

50. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

This thread went from someone being incorrect about the TSC Discord being run by DTG when its not and getting the correction to an argument thread based off of a possible necro-post, (Is there a certain time limit for those or something? I'm currently unaware if so or if not.), real quick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.