Geml London - Clacton/walton/ Colchester Town

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by r1.3, Jan 30, 2021.

1. r1.3

r1.3 New Member

Create a route that runs out of Liverpool Street to Colchester town with class 321 and 720s that run on the route with stops such as Stratford, Romford , shenfield , ingatestone,Chelmsford , Hatfield peveral, witham ( Braintree branch) kelvedon, marks tey , Colchester and Colchester town.
    Also with the class 360 and add the branch line Braintree to witham calling at white notley, cressing, Braintree Freeport and Braintree with a class 321 and the Colchester to Walton on the naze calling at Colchester town, hythe, wivenhoe, alesfrod, great Bentley, weely, thorpe le soken, Kirby cross , frinton on sea and Walton on the naze with a class 321 and finally the Liverpool Street to clacton on sea calling at Stratford, shenfield , ingatestone, Chelmsford, witham , Colchester, wivenhoe, thorpe le soken and clacton on sea. It would be nice to see the GMEL and the Sunshine Coast line together. Trains running out between Liverpool Street up to Colchester, Braintree and clacton and AI can then run the non added routes such as Southend Victoria , Ipswich , Norwich , Sudbury and southminster.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The Class 360 is no longer used on the GEML and all have cascaded to East Midlands Railway.

If they were to model this route between Ipswich and Liverpool Street, then you'd need Abellio and TfL to be onboard as you've got the Elizabeth Line from Shenfield to Liverpool Street.

You'd need to include the following branch lines for a layered and fulfilling route.
    • Braintree to Witham through P4 to Liverpool Street.
    • Sudbury to Marks Tey
    • Manningtree to Harwich
    Personally adding to Colchester Town, Clacton and Walton would be too much. (Possible DLC extension)

This route would have lots of promise as you would have suburban (TFL), stopping mainline services and mainline express services. Also you'd have buckets of freight between Ipswich and Stratford.

You've got my vote, but it has been done in Train Simulator already.

• Like Like x 2
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

But the Sunshine Coast line does have an interesting timetable

• Like Like x 1
  4. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Class 90 wooo

5. GA Railfan17

GA Railfan17 Active Member

Yes, a greater anglia route is needed. I would love maybe something around the Norwich area but you've got my vote.

• Like Like x 2
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I can remember the driver inviting me into the cab of a class 360 at Walton on the naze when I was a toddler- but yes; a greater anglia route is much needed. If this route were to be simulated it would have to go from London liv street to Ipswich, Clacton and Walton

• Like Like x 2