PC Tvl Class31 Weird Message

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

While driving service 6E37 Tees Yard to East gate (from the Journey menu) I picked up a train and then I changed cab tot the other engine. When trying t sit, I got this message:

20210201081724_1.jpg
    It looks htreatening, I did not want to give up theservice of course. Two comments:

1. Why do I get this message? Is it because I go to another engine in the consist? No idea I only saw this with the call 31.
    2. What do the buttons mean? It totally unclear what to do. I have chosen Begin, but what would happen I I click dismiss? Probably it will kick me out of my seat.Clicking Begin do not terminate anything except continue the drive, so I do not no why the game threatens me for this action.

So please DTG, at least choose a better explanation.

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

It happen on every journey service when you try to change loco via On Foot action.
    I suppose that Begin interupt gameplay counted as yourney service (I don't check this), Dismiss don't put you on driver seat so you can return to first loco and switch cabs via CTRL+/- key.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've had this on a few of the 31 services when you shift ends, I click BEGIN and it works fine. The task list is uninterrupted by the process, but it is a bit alarming the first time you see it

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Tahnks for your additions. I checked, but if you press Begin you can complete the journey. Going on foot to the other engine seems the normal procedure seems me, using the keyboard may be a nice shortcut, but it is a kind of magic ....

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It appears that this function doesn’t do a check to see if the service you are leaving is the same as the one you are joining. If it did, you wouldn’t get the warning. A programming omission from the developers. I wonder if it will get addressed. It comes into the same category as the ‘do you want to end this service’ pop-up when doing on foot tasks in some services.

6. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Interesting, I have always ended up driving from the the rear loco, using an external camera view as I was too afraid the service would quit or restart. I will have to try "begin" next time

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I checked by using the task list to see if that started again, because it did not reset I concluded it was OK. It gave me a gold medal on completion and then continued the "journey" section so presumably it's alright

8. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

I think its confused because your getting into a different vehicle. everytime ive pressed continue with that message it has completed the journey.

Jack.