Class 166 Cab Light

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ScottDarg, Mar 9, 2018.

1. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

The cab light switch on the Class 166 doesn't seem to work. The light model (?) looks illuminated, but the cab remains in total darkness.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

I've noticed this, tried a night time scenario and it looked more like the light was outside of the train.

3. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

I noticed it when I spawned into a 166 at Reading Traincare to work ECS into the station (Service Mode) - I couldn't see a thing and was blindly moving the cursor around despite turning on the cab light.

I took control of a freight service at night and turned the cab light on which seemed to illuminate the windows, but the cab itself remained dark.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

In fact, the light seems to make it more difficult to see out the windows.

5. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

Same problem on mine as well

6. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Yep. Problem exists on my game. No light emits from the cab light, although the 'light' on the globe is on.

7. larenasmatias

larenasmatias New Member

Well, i was thinking to buy a new TV but now i see it's a game problem :D . Same here!

8. GMAN001

GMAN001 Member

I have a similar problem. I fired up the first service run with the 'shed' freight train during a night time run. The drivers cab lights were on initially (and the cab was bright), then when I started moving/switched cameras etc, and then switched view back into the cab .. it was dark. The 'Cab Lights' switch is set to 'on' .. and the actual lights above me still look illuminated, but it's like it's not doing anything ... the cab itself turned pitch black. Perhaps another bug?

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

GMAN001 I saw that too yesterday. The initial light inside the 66 cab is in fact the outside yard lights shining into the cab but when your train moves away from the depot your only light source inside the cab would be the cab light but that doesn't seem to do anything. In fact I tend to turn it off as it makes it more difficult to look out the window as others have noticed as well.

Last edited: May 8, 2018