Pc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Coastway trainspotter, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Hi , I’m considering getting a gaming pc for my birthday soon , but I currently play on Xbox . So if I connect the pc and the Xbox , will I still be able to play Xbox games , but get some things in tsw like route layers for pc ? Thanks

2. 6233Jess

6233Jess Well-Known Member

From what I recall at the TSW2 Launch streams, cross-platform will not work. I believe you may need to purchase it again (However I am not 100%)

3. Coastway trainspotter

But if I connect the Xbox to the pc , surely I will still have my Xbox collection but play it on a pc instead?

4. HamioSamio098

HamioSamio098 Well-Known Member

You can play Xbox games on a PC but the games will stay as they were on an Xbox so you won't be able to access the HMA layers. However I am probably wrong.

5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

If you want to play on PC, you need to buy everything again, you cannot "claim" your purchases across platforms.

I am not sure how connecting the Xbox to the PC should work? The game runs on the Xbox and you see it on the "PC" (i.e. the connected screen)? That will work, but then you play the Xbox version, so no layers, mods and so on - and it is not really connecting the Xbox to the PC anyway, it is just hooking up a different screen. :)

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Most computer monitors will have a HDMI input, which is how I play my Xbox.

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

It is not possible to connect your Xbox to a PC as far as I am aware because they are both different machines and run differently.

If you are an Xbox player and you are going over completely to PC you would need to purchase your collection again on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Not sure what you would see if you connected an Xbox to a PC, because they run completely different versions of the Windows OS. And TSW only runs with a Steam application installed on PC, containing your game library. As far as I know, Steam is not compatible with any console OS.

9. Coastway trainspotter

Oh , I thought you could plug put a wire into the Xbox and then connect it to a pc ?

10. Coastway trainspotter

This is what I thought, but does this not work ?

Attached Files:

11. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

"Stream" is an important word in this. I think it means that the game runs on your Xbox and the video gets streamed onto your computer screen. Must be intended for low-powered laptops and stuff.

edit: Either way PC and console versions of TSW are very different so you wouldn't get any benefits. If you want the full PC version of the game, you have to buy and install it from Steam.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021