I Knew I Wasnt Bugging

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Zammy Martínez, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Zammy Martínez

Zammy Martínez Active Member

How comes on rapid transit you cannot adjust the livery on the SB 442?
    I have about 6 custom liveries on the DB 442 from the koln dlc, are they not the same train??
    Like for example, im a massive fan of authenticity, and so on the Rapid transit line, ive seen in real life that they dont run the livery with the green doors anymore like on tsw, they have an abellio livery with red doors instead and i want to run that on the game, but it wont let me change the livery.

• Like Like x 1
  2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The Red 442 is a much, much newer model for TSW, the original one was one of the very first trains in TSW, so it was never planned to be used in a livery editor since that concept was still a few years off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

CK95 is correct, the Talent 2 on Rapid Transit and the one on SKA are not actually the same. Technically the game sees them as two completely separate trains (irl and in-game they also have slightly different interior configurations too, involving different seating and tables. One is for S-Bahn use, and the other is for Regional use)
    You won't be able to repaint the Talent 2 from RT currently, but that might change since they're adding livery editor compatibility to preserved collection. We have no clue if they intend to backport all of the new features of the SKA Talent 2 to the one on RT.

As of right now, your best bet is to repaint the SKA Talent 2, take that, and use it on scenario planner for Rapid Transit.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Zammy Martínez

Understandable. Cheers mate. But they look very similar, such is the case with many things in that situation i guess.
    When i was doing the DB/Abellio white & yellow livery yesterday, i noticed those 442s have a different window layout, and one or two other tweeks

5. Zammy Martínez

Yeah
    Yeah good shout, I realised that may have to be the case, but i prefer when you do a timetable and you can use other trains on that same route, which 442s go everywhere so really we should be able to, unless the one that runs on rapid transit irl are just used on that line only?
    I repainted/made an abellio livery to update the units on RT same colour, just different colour doors (red), but cant use it on there unless i use the planner..

also what is the difference between s bahn and regional or DB or whatever?
    And whats the difference between Go-Ahead (who i work for), abellio and DB, reason why im asking is because i watch vids on YouTube alot, and i see a white and yellow livery paint on the 442s but some are DB and some are Abellio??

6. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I believe that's correct, the Talent 2's on Rapid Transit are specially made for use on the S-Bahn Mitteldeutchland around the city of Leipzig.
    These trains are denoted as the DB BR 1442.
    They run with 3 coaches per unit as opposed to 4 on other Talent 2's and they have slightly different seating designs, along with table artwork. Other than that, it's the exact same as the normal DB BR 442 ...the Talent 2's in DB Regio livery.
    It's all just minor differences depending on the TOC

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. imaginox9

imaginox9 Active Member

I just wanted to say that all Talent 2's have different numbers of cars and interior layouts. For example, you can find 3, 4 and 5 coaches long Talent 2's on the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland. Also, they still run with the silver with green doors livery except for some (the 5 cars long ones) which have a silver with red doors livery (which looks like the Abellio livery but isn't). Also, it is realistic to put the SKA Talent 2 on Rapid Transit because the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland actually received some RSX Talent 2 (the SKA variant) some time ago (you can easily find it on YouTube)

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In Germany there are six tiers of passenger service. S-Bahn (commuter), Regiobahn and Regio-Express are the Lokalbahn tiers; most of them are operated by DB Regio (a subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn*) and painted red, but since 1999 DB's legal monopoly was ended with regard to local/regional services and so private companies (e.g. Abellio,** Go-Ahead, Meridian, BOB (Bayerischer Oberlandbahn) etc.) have won some of those service contracts.

This led to a rainbow of liveries, and so some local transport authorities have acted to regularize matters. All S-bahn trains in the Rhein-Ruhr have been painted in a uniform green livery, regardless of operator. The white and yellow is, I think, Baden-Wurttemberg, or maybe just the Stuttgart S-bahn.

The upper three tiers are the Intercities: IC2, IC and ICE. These are all operated by DB subsidiary DB Fernverkehr and are painted white with a red stripe.

-
    *Deutsche Bahn is the state-owned German national railway. It was formed in 1994 by the merger of the former East and West German state railways, the Deutsche Reichsbahn and Deutsche Bundesbahn
    **OK, Abellio isn't actually private. But it isn't DB.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021