Searching Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Feb 2, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Unless I’ve missed how to do it properly, don’t you find it hard to locate scenarios that appeal to you on the Steam Workshop?

There appears to be no search function, only lists of locos and routes, and these aren’t even in alphabetical order, so you have to scroll through dozens of locos or routes on the off chance there might be what you want.

An example, I wanted to try shunting scenarios with a Class 08 (have done some at Doncaster), and in TS, I came across this fantastic little scenario which shows off the amazing scenery of the Weardale and Teesdale route:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=470002550

But when I try to find other shunting scenarios in Steam, there doesn’t seem to be any way to search, only look through the endless lists.

When I look through the loco list, there’s no mention of Class 08/09 (and because it’s not alphabetical, you have to scroll through the lot to the very end) and seemingly no way to search for the term “shunt/shunter/shunting”.

Surely there’s an easier way and I’m missing something?

AAF35516-4BF2-41ED-91A9-C842802A3A66.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  2. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

In the top banner of the TS Workshop on the right side there is a search box. The search isn't very good, but it works.

There is also a guide someone created that allows you to filter and find scenarios more easily. Peter Hayes pointed it out in a recent thread. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2364751070

3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. I'd seen the search box, but it's not so good at finding what you want.

It's so hard to get back to a page you want. the bookmarks tool has come in handy.

I mean, they have a way of browsing routes, but not locos.

4. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Those filters are not very useful since the scenario creators don't always update correctly. Using the search is a better idea. Or... that very useful link mattdsoares provided in the previous post.