PC Scenario 5 Fuel American 1

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ivan19, Nov 16, 2020.

1. ivan19

ivan19 Member

in summary for you

if you order a 4 cheese pizza at 30 euros

and you get your pizza

you will notice on your pizza you have 3 cheeses instead of 4

so you pay 30 euros for 3 cheese instead of 4 cheese

after that it's your concern if you prefer to be embellished with a cheese lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. gregorby

gregorby New Member

I understand you have some frustration,
    but in facts in the base game there are:
    On Sand Patch Grade 8 Scenarios, 65 timetable services
    On Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen 5 Scenarios, 49 timetable services
    On London Underground Bakerloo 5 Scenarios, 201 timetable services
    So one Scenario not working shuold not happen, but is not a catastrophe.
    This is what I meant sayin:
    Calm down, there are more than just four kinds of cheese.
    Also consider: overwealming the support with messages does not lead to the problem beeing solved earlier!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shuroop

Shuroop Member

Dear friend, I'm afraid I have bad news for you)) In this game you will be greeted by an even bigger pile of bugs)) so because of one problem you shouldn't bother so much)) I understand you perfectly, I also want to go through everything step by step without problems, without jumping further :) But the reality is that we have to close our eyes to many things that we are not able to influence. Unfortunately, the developers are very slow to work on fixes. In addition, you still have not informed us that you have contacted technical support, because it would be a more effective measure than pointless suffering on the pages of the forum. Developers very rarely drop in here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ivan19

ivan19 Member

there are certain bugs but there

we can't even move forward

we get on the train and there this bug we can not even advance in the games

it's shameful of them

they can make the effort that o, n can even advance in the game

if there are passenger rain cloud bugs etc.

ok I will do it

but here we can't even do a scenerio

of course you don't care because for you it works

I am waiting for the answer that I send Monday to support

and if I see that he answers me with blablablabla

I send another message while he does not make the effort to repair the bug so that I can load less coal

it's not rocket science, you just need to repair a code and can be forced the code to validate

if you've been there

please fix the purge bug

thank you

I am unemployed disabled and have saved 5 years to buy a game

it's not to have a 40% functional game;)

if not, please offer it to me 2 dlc free

• Like Like x 1
  5. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Have you actually tried fully uninstalling tsw2, like completely, then reinstalling it and seeing if the scenario lets you continue past the independent brake? Sometimes a full reinstall fixes the weird random bugs which most people are not experiencing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Try uninstall, then re-install it again, like JZJ90 suggested, and here's a wee suggestion from me: Chill! If you going to get this worked up for every scenario bug in TSW2, you are in for one rough ride. If I had thrown fits like this every time something did not work in this game, I would of had a heart attack by now. Massive bug amounts, things outright not working, border case gaming breaking stuff, is an "integral" part of this game. If everything all of a sudden started to work and run smooth, I'd be REAL worried. LOL Me thinks that DTG Adam needs at least half a dozen more guys in his department if this is ever going to change. Hakuna Matata my friend! ;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same problem. Just wasted 3 hours of my life trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's simply a bug.

The game doesn't register that the independent brake has been released and so the scenario doesn't continue. Have experience with TSW and know what I'm doing.

Seems like a nasty bug that only occurs on some systems - but it's definitely not an user mistake.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ivan19

ivan19 Member

I received an email from the author of the game for my concern,

he asks me

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your ticket. We are currently experiencing an extremely high demand for support and we hope you can forgive the time it took to get your ticket.

Thank you for providing a video illustrating this problem.

Please note that the locomotive will start to accelerate slowly once you release the brakes and put the accelerator / brake in the motorized position (N1 +). This will not help move the throttle / brake quickly between motorized and brake positions.

I have also observed from the game video that your game seems to be running extremely slowly which may suggest that you are trying to run the game on a computer that does not meet the minimum system requirements. If your computer does not meet these requirements, it is possible that the underlying physics engine is not functioning properly, so you will run into issues that other gamers do not.

Could you provide us with your DxDiag file, so that we can check your hardware and drivers for potential issues?

How to create a DxDiag diagnostic file:
    Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box
    Type dxdiag and press Ok
    Click Save All Info.
    Save the file and do not modify it
    Attach DxDiag.txt to your answer
    Thanks for your help.

Sincere friendships,

Chris Medlock
    Customer advisor
    Dovetail Games customer support

Ticket details
    it will change what to my concern is DxDiag file

thank you

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Good to hear that customer support is helping you out now. Keep us posted, I‘m interested to see what they can dig up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ivan19

ivan19 Member

hello, I give up
    because they tell me that my pc is obsolete
    I paid 2000 euros

it looks like you have to pay 6000 euros for a pc in order to have a game that works

11. Shuroop

Shuroop Member

Please compare the system requirements that the game developer makes to the computer. If your computer is higher than these requirements, but you can demand a refund, since they do not want to solve the problem of playing on a computer that meets the requirements. Well, if your computer does not match, then alas ...

maybe you don't need to upgrade the entire computer, but replace one component, for example, a processor or video card, or add RAM. In this case, it is not necessary to buy new components. and buy used goods.

12. ivan19

ivan19 Member

13. beaulieu48

beaulieu48 New Member

I had the same problem the game would not recognize the release of the brake. I tried it several times and several ways. No luck. I went to the slow speed screen with my left arrow and after setting the slow speed while still in that window i turned to look at the controls and adjusted both the brake and accelerator and it recognized it as being activated then I used the right arrow to be back in drivers seat and game worked. Weird but it did work. wasn't able to repeat it though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ivan19

ivan19 Member

you could make a video for me so i can see if it works for me

just to show how you put the slow speed

thank you

15. Shuroop

Shuroop Member

16. ivan19

ivan19 Member

17. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

Those all in one PCs really aren't intended for gaming. To be honest I am quite surprised it even manages to launch TSW2! That being said, I do find it weird that they are blaming the pc for the game not recognising you have moved the brake handle into the position it wants.

18. ivan19

ivan19 Member

just this buggy scenario

because the other scenario works very well

I did not test all the scenarios

19. gregorby

gregorby New Member

I tried this yesterday and it worked for me. You also have to wait for a bit more time than you would expect.
    I only tried it only one time yet, but comleting this scenario once should be enough for now. (On my position).

20. ivan19

ivan19 Member

how long 1 h 2 h 5 h 10 h 24 h 48 73 h or 5 years to understand the trick;)

21. ivan19

ivan19 Member

I'm really disappointed for this game

my games do not work because apparently I have 2.5 and it takes 3.5 ghz

i'm sad i lost all my money, lol

I do not dare to do all the scenarios for fear that does not work;)

22. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Ivan, don't give up. I don't have a 3.5GHz processor and I can run it pretty well.

You might want to check the possibility- I know this can happen, because it happened to me - that your computer was set up incorrectly at the factory, and all you have to do is check some settings.

1) Go to (Windows ) Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings (link at the bottom of the screen) > "Display Adapter Properties For Display 1". This will open a pop-up, click the "Adapter" tab, click "Properties" - this will open a second pop-up - and click the "Driver" tab. Now you can see whether the specific driver for your graphics card is being used, or if the manufacturer failed to engage it and left you running the "Generic Microsoft PnP driver" - which doesn't use your 3d capabilities At ALL! If that's the case, use the window to locate and install the correct driver for your video card.

2) From Settings > Display > Graphics Settings (link just below "Display Adapter Properties"), make sure that Hardware Acceleration (the switch at the top) is turned ON. Otherwise, your GPU is very much underused, while the CPU carries the graphics load. Again, mine was set wrong at the factory.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. gregorby

gregorby New Member

To be honest this seems to be the wrong attempt, in my opinion. Although the game has mistakes (as every game does), that a scenarios don't work is the exception, not the rule!
    Of course only, if the PC is able to run the game in general, but I'm not an expert of PC things ;)