Is Mid-run Saving Still Broken?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Djb1990, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

So I absolutely love sand patch grade. I love the trains and the route. The thought of driving a mile long train through the mountains is just awesome to me. I just love US freight in general.

However sand patch is probably my least used route as I rarely have the time to spend 2 hours or more in a single sitting for a single run. This wouldn't be a problem if I could save half way through, and finish at another time. But resuming a saved run on spg always seemed to break the run. Having had several hours of play wasted in the past I've basically given up on saving now and so I hardly ever do SPG now, which is a real shame, as it really is a fantastic route.

So does anyone know if saving is still broken? Or has it been fixed now? Is it even being looked into? If it worked then I would play sand patch more and would be far more interested in getting the upcoming American freight routes, maybe even the dash 8. But if not then it just isn't worth my time unfortunately... Which, again, is a real damn shame...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Long Story short answer is yes

• Like Like x 1
  3. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Still broken? Shame...guess I won't bother getting the dash 8 in the sale then

4. box215

box215 Active Member

I've been saving without issue
    I've recently completed saves on TVL, PC, and SPG

5. CowBoyWolf

oh i forgot to say sometimes it works some times it may be bugged depends if you are lucky or unlucky

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Thanks for letting me know guys. Guess I'll just have to go for it and hope it works out ok, because I really do miss doing sand patch runs ;P

7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

IoW is still very much broken, nothing functions as it should via controller once you resume via quick save, everything has to be done manually via in-game controls, such as locking and unlocking doors, only accelerating and braking still works as it should.

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It is but not completely broken. The DB BR 155 loses power when resuming a saved game but it's easy to get power going again.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And sometimes on RSN resuming from a save initiates an immediate Sifa emergency braking, but if you're prepared you can recover quickly (or just turn Sifa off and on again as soon as you're in).

10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Pretty amazing that this issue hasn't been addressed yet. Goes back to the original TSW (at least for me).

• Like Like x 2
  11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

For me too, as well as the issue where I get an error message instead of saving which obviously has been carried over with the preserved collection. It seems like it's not an easy fix... I hope for improvements there as well as I tend to fall asleep while playing TSW - I always give it a try instead of simply going to bed and don't seem to learn from my experiences :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yosh1saurus

Yosh1saurus Member

This is why autosave should be a thing

• Like Like x 1
  13. HerrBag

HerrBag New Member

Or at least auto station checkpoints...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I get the feeling autosave would have quite a large impact on performance. Several games I play get a noticeable drop in frame rate when they autosave. I suppose it wouldn't really matter if it does it when you are stopped at a station though

15. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

I used scenario planner in Sand Patch and saved half way.
    On resuming I carried on but then encountered a red signal so couldn't complete
    This happened every time I saved, if I went from the start again then no red light
    This had no AI services so no need for red lights

16. spiriteddirector

spiriteddirector New Member

XBOX ONE
    It's January 2022. Is Save in TSW2 still not working on an XBOX ONE? I am able to evoke Save but have no idea how to retrieve the Save point when I come back the next day. Very frustrating.

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's a separate issue from corrupted save files.

It's not in an obvious place, but if you go to the Main Menu within the route, you'll see a "Resume Saved Game" button.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

"Mid-run saving"
    Also known as "Saving"
    Yes. Still buggy. Still causes AI trains and signaling to mess up randomly. Sometimes you're fine, others reloading loses all your progress. Hopefully TSW2's gen9 version is not too far down Microsoft's Quick Resume compatibility update list.

19. CowBoyWolf

Never experienced any bugs on save and load part

20. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  21. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I have been saving on SPG recently. What I typically find on restart is that several functions have been changed and/or corrupted, including the lights, camera views (esp. external views), and sometimes indication of distance remaining, among others. Nothing that has prevented me from completing any service. A lot of this stuff can happen on SPG even when you don't save, anyway.

22. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It does seem quite odd how there's a save option yet when you load the save. The game state changes.