Class 484: Island Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mattty May, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I kinda hope this train comes to the Island Line in TSW 2. Given that the route is set in modern day, it could be added (subject to licensing and whatnot).

I think Vivarail has done a good job converting the old D78 LU Stock.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The size difference is rather peculiar and interesting to see.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You will have noticed the different height of the doors on the two trains. The route is having significant modifications, the platform heights and an extra passing loop. So the modern day setting of the TSW route will soon be historic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

I wonder if the tunnel will need a slight height increase because it looks like it would be a very close shave if it doesn't fit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

The D stock does apparently fit, they did check before the 1938s were coming as thay had a different class in mind I cant remember which class it was

• Like Like x 2
  6. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I don't think anything had to be done to the tunnel, but the track under two road bridges in Ryde had to be lowered as there was not enough clearance.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Vivarail did a survey of the route to make sure the new trains could run the full length. I believe they’ve been getting run up and down the line. There are more videos on YouTube.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Although I was very much looking at the size differences in the trains, the platform height of the doors hadn’t occurred to me. I doubt we’ll see it then.

• Like Like x 3
  9. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Not on the route as currently included. A new version would be required with the modifications.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I saw some of the Rivet Community Managers on the Rivet Games forums talking about the 484's. Maybe they are thinking about updating the line and including the 484's.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I will like the island of white line to get the new the new train on TSW 2

• Like Like x 2
  12. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

Probably the 1972 or 1973 stock - before the D-Trains were chosen there were numerous occasions where modified '72/'73s were suggested as potential successors for the Class 483. I'm even pretty sure that at some point in the early 2000's, 1967 stock was also considered, but passed up by the IOW county council, which really puts into perspective just how long the 483s were kept in operation, with the D-Trains coming in just as it was essentially becoming impossible to maintain them any longer!
    [​IMG]
    Interestingly, the Class 484 isn't far off the height of mainland trains, given that it's based on sub-surface stock, but it still fits through the tunnel just fine :)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is a lot like gwr , lots of people have requested the class 800 but we will not be getting it as it is not operational during the time period in which the route is set . The same applies for the iow line , because it is set before the 484’s were in operation on this line so I find it unlikely that we will get this loco

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, they were asking if the route would need upgrading as they can't do that, it would not be practical as it would require too much time and have issues with what you chose to drive.

15. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

16. [UK] Alien Baltan

[UK] Alien Baltan Active Member

Well well well, with the announcement of the 484 arriving as a locomotive addon, it's pretty cool to see this thread in hindsight! :D

• Like Like x 3
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

It's coming to the game and Rivet Games Hid the locomotive itself during a stream for Luzern Sursee

• Like Like x 2