Avanti West Coast

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shawn Dalla-vecchia, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Shawn Dalla-vecchia

Shawn Dalla-vecchia Member

Avanti West Coast to Crewe or Shrewsbury with the pendolino and super voyager.
    Trains

Pendilino
    upload_2020-12-19_18-48-12.png

Super voyager
    upload_2020-12-19_18-47-29.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I would like to come to TW2 it runs from London Euston to Manchester Piccadilly and they use the rolling stock with the 390 and some of the services called that drunk on Trent Macclesfield Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly and the other way they go as well well is Milton Keynes central Stoke-on-Trent Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly and the operator go is Crewe Winslow Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly and I will like this week pick up to TSW 2

• Like Like x 1
  3. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Except the fact that Avanti West Coast doesn’t actually go from Crewe to Shrewsbury. They do have a couple of Shrewsbury services but they go from Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury via Telford which is diesel only so Class 221s are used. I don’t even think the route from Crewe to Shrewsbury is electrified so Class 390s wouldn’t even work. Also, considering Avanti only operate 2 services a day I believe (1023 and 1803 I think were the times from London Euston), I’d hardly say Class 221s would be an appropriate traction to have. Maybe as a DLC but with the route, it should surely be Transport for Wales 175, sprinters or whatever they run because they operate majority of the services. It would be like saying can we have Reading to Guildford with Class 220/221 but CrossCountry only operate one service in the day compared to GWR who operate every half an hour. (I think this service doesn’t exist anymore and it runs empty)
    When you’re first introducing a route, it should come with core traction. I.e. the traction or company that operates majority of the services.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021