Ts Controllers Support

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Danfan67, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Danfan67

Danfan67 New Member

Hello, I was wondering if dovetail were planning to release support for other external controllers other than the raildriver, such as the door control panel from TS controllers.

• Like Like x 12
  2. MSDC43

MSDC43 New Member

Seconded, would much rather use my door control panel than the pop up tab menu.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RichGWR22

RichGWR22 Member

i would like this as these controllers are much better than using the keyboard.

• Like Like x 2
  4. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

100% support this. There's so much potential with the hardware being created specifically for train simulation plus things like the different HOTAS controllers out there.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

It would definitely be great to have support for third party controllers for TSW, definitely something that should of been implemented from the start.

I’d much rather be able to use my PBC, DRA and Door Panel to interact with trains in TSW, rather than a keybind or that moving a mouse to click a button in the cab option. Would feel so much more realistic with dedicated hardware and potentially would improve the way people would drive in TSW. Although the lack of basic keybind support for simple things such as opening/closing doors doesn’t give me much breath that support for external hardware support, other than Raildriver.

• Like Like x 2
  6. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Direct Input will see the light of day once they've addressed user defined controls for Raildriver, we can all then design and build our own controllers - I'm hoping to use a Leo Bodnar interface as the basis for a more generic one, perhaps with a 60-70s BR Diesel flavour to its layout. I, for one, will be very disappointed if they don't release a DI implementation.

7. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Someone make one for console please

• Like Like x 1
  8. DanGB

DanGB New Member

Thats not really going to be possible to do due to the security chips needed and expensive licensing from Sony and Microsoft.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  9. gbull1983

gbull1983 New Member

yes, further support for other external controllers would be a great addition as ts controllers are making some great hardware for pc

• Like Like x 2
  10. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

I would absolutely LOVE support for hardware controllers (such as the ATS ones)

• Like Like x 2
  11. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

I mentioned this to Matt in the raildriver you tube stream. He is aware of TS controllers and I think from memory has been in contact with Dan from TS controllers. With Matt's love of hardware, you never know in the future....I myself have the AWS plunger and that works great with TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Agreed on the tab menu part. When we're on the subject of support for all kind of controllers, would also be nice if we could open up doors without that stupid pop up tab menu, instead using a simple keybind on a basic keyboard...

• Like Like x 2
  13. NickFarrant

NickFarrant Active Member

100% support this, would like to have my door panel working instead of the tab menu.

• Like Like x 2
  14. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

For those of us who dont have rail driver or TS Controllers - It would be nice to have a similar set up in TWS2 to how Armstrong Powerhouse have implemented the opening of doors within their addons for TS Classic.

T+U on the keyboard (left-hand side doors open)
    or
    T+O on the keyboard (right-hand side doors open)
    and
    R on the keyboard to close doors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

T and R key are already used.

Personally I don't see the need for complicated key-combinations. Just use U for the left doors (press once to open, press again to close) and O for the right side doors.
    Or, if you really need seperate key-combinations for opening vs. closing, use shift-U and shift-O to close the doors again. This would be similar to other functions in TSW which use the shift key to cycle backwards. (such as headlights and wipers if I'm not mistaken).

16. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Hence why I said “similar”

17. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

More support for controllers the better, especially ones which are actually available, that are decently priced and that are actually produced in the UK. Please DGT focus on support for TS controllers at some point soon.

• Like Like x 2
  18. A Wilkinson

A Wilkinson New Member

I hope DTG fully support TS Controllers because they are excellent quality, well made, Dan always helps out quickly if theres a issue, always updates his software and they are made in the UK, please DTG can you support TS Controllers

• Like Like x 5
  19. setras

setras Well-Known Member

It would be good to have the abilty to maually bind to the functions to controller buttons. Your System sees it = you can map it. X52 thrust lever is now the power....

• Like Like x 1
  20. crrispy

crrispy Member

Yes, support of those devices in TSW2 would be great for the future.

• Like Like x 4
  21. alan_butler

alan_butler New Member

I support the general theme here in requesting for support for TS Controllers within TSW2 particularly the door panel.

• Like Like x 3
  22. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

I'd like to add my vote for getting TS Controllers to be supported. I don't have one yet, but I'm planning to get their new power/break controller when it comes out and the AWS plunger. I'm really hoping they'll work on TSW2 as well as TS!

• Like Like x 2
  23. LightningPORTO

LightningPORTO Member

I was really looking forward to the implementation of external hardware support. However, it appears it's not going to happen any time soon. By the way it sounds, they just moved on to the track IR thing.

24. josh_the_tech

josh_the_tech Active Member

Yeah I think with the controller side, they want to focus on getting rail driver up to a point where it’s not an early release functionality, then continue to expand it to external hardware. Although, as we know it’s subject to change. I do hope they expand for other external hardware because I want my current and, no doubt, future TSControllers purchases to be fully functional as they are in TS2021

• Like Like x 1
  25. TerryBalldriver

TerryBalldriver Member

The eagerly awaited power brake controller is now available from TS Controllers for TS20XX and has unofficial partial support for TSW2. Let's hope that becomes full official support for TSW2 soon then I would get one.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I already have a raildriver, but these TS Controllers do look amazing. Any expansion of the raildriver support and ideally other controllers is very high on my wish list.

27. chriis

chriis Member

I did exactly this for the original TS, binding arcade machine buttons to keys through Joy2Key software. It was a bit crude, and used a couple of one-axis arcade joysticks bound to the Accel/Decel and Apply/Release brake keys, but it added so much immersion to use physical levers to apply the power or brake and a button to open the doors, acknowledge AWS etc.

Really hope I can do something similar with TSW2 someday as I rarely play the original now..

28. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

DTG Matt Bump this. door panel behaves strangely atm-dra doesn’t work at all . pbc is temperamental

29. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

There's no official support for hardware at all yet, so this doesn't surprise me - if you're using other interface methods (i've seen a couple of third party options I guess) then best to contact them for support.

Once there's official support we'll be sure to shout it from the rafters :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Michael Huggins

Michael Huggins New Member

Hi Matt, some of those 3rd party options rely on a reverse engineered pieHid64.dll I created as I was tired of waiting for an 'official' version. That was over 2 years ago. Would it be at least possible for you guys to make a generic DLL that can be shared to allow more control and feedback from TSW?

• Like Like x 1
  31. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

We have something in progress, but I don't have any dates to share on when it will make it out.

Matt.

32. Chris Stapleton

Chris Stapleton New Member

Hi Matt, Is there any update for TS Controller compatibility with TSW4?

33. dave#2392

dave#2392 Member

Does the TS Controller appear as a joystick within windows? If so, then Cobraone's software would probably bridge the TS controller to TSW: Ts World Raildriver And Joystick Interface

If not, then creating your open button box to work with the above software isn't difficult. I've made a controller and will be publishing some guides on how to make it soon, which you could do just buttons for doors etc.. Link to my thread: Daves Locomotive Controller