Will We Get A Sehs Console Stream?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Djb1990, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Just wondering if we will get a stream of South eastern high speed on a console before release to show the performance of the route on console?

I'm pretty sure one of the lgv pre release streams was done on an xbox one, and it would be nice to see how SEHS performs on console before purchasing it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Doh! Nevermind. I thought the next sehs stream was wednesday night, but I've just realised it's actually on Thursday, so we obviously won't be getting a console stream before release. Teach me not to read the schedule properly ;P

3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

If you want to see it running on Xbox before buying it, I'll be running a stream albeit on Xbox Series X from 10am on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

Nice, I might have it by then anyway. But if not I may well check it out. Where can I find it?

5. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

6. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

7. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

No Problem, i might check in aswell :)

8. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will run the same as all the routes. It depends on your console. I'm not worried because I play on Series X. :) I'm sure that the graphics detail and the framerate will be very similar to other routes on every console so you can more or less know what to expect. I think the only real exception was HMA which, due to the "layer issue", ran really badly on console but it was fixed by disabling them.

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I will be driving on Thursday and I have a PC set up. But next time we do a SEHS stream I will request that it be shown on console.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Thanks Nat!

11. simulaw

simulaw New Member

If anyone is interested I can put a stream up this afternoon/evening.
    If it's any reassurance, it's running incredibly well on Xbox Series X, not issues at all except for the occasional pop-in which we all expect.

• Like Like x 2
  12. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

How have you managed to download the add on early or is it a time zone thing?

13. simulaw

simulaw New Member

14. simulaw

simulaw New Member

I run an Xbox Wesbite, so got it early from the PR team working on behalf of dovetail..

• Like Like x 1
  15. dreampage

Man you're lucky. I'm a gaming journalist myself but never managed to get in contact with them. :) Although it has to be said I publish in a very small market.

16. simulaw

simulaw New Member

Thanks, yeah It took me three years to get my first promo copy but since then (2011) it's generally been smoother.

Not covering anywhere near as much now (mostly due to health) but sticking to areas Ienjoy most (Sim, Management etc) so TSW is one I'm pleased to be covering as much as I can.

17. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

This evening’s stream will be the third on this new route all on PC. They have had plenty of time to arrange for one of those to be on console but as usual they don’t. Already read a number of reports about stuttering on consoles and probably the reason that once again they are reluctant to let us see a console stream.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

No surprise there then. Three streams so far, including tonight’s, and none on console. Had plenty of time to set it up and is probably due to the fact that according to initial feedback the route is suffering stuttering on console. If there had been a stream on the Munchen route prior to launch I would never have purchased it for the same reason. Console users are being taken for mugs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

20. simulaw

simulaw New Member

It runs perfectly fine on series X,
    It's understandable that it might not run as well on the older consoles, but I hope they learn the line of code that depicts the console version so they can allow/remove elements dependent on the console being used.

• Like Like x 1
  21. dreampage

How do you stream in 60 fps from Xbox? The Twitch app itself doesn't support it. Do you use a capture card?

22. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to see how the Performance on the Base Level consoles are, you can check out this first look vid.

It was recorded on a PS4 Slim with an External Hard Drive. The performance should be fairly similar on the Base XB1.

• Like Like x 1
  23. simulaw

simulaw New Member

I guess so, he does have some overlays in place, so unless he's using lightstream that'd require a capture card.

24. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I've had a few runs on a standard xbox one, and performance seems pretty standard to me really.

Yes it stutters, but I don't think that it is any worse than any other route (haven't got HMA so can't compare to that). It may be a little worse in the high speed sections (especially between Stratford and ebbsfleet), but in my opinion it isn't unbearable. I haven't had any extended freezes. Any freezes I've had have been way less than a second I'd say. Definitely had longer freezes on other routes.

I should probably also point out, for the record, I've only done runs in the 395, and I haven't yet done a full run, as I keep somehow managing to run through red signals every. single. time!...but I have done a run from each end, so overall I've been on the entire route ;P

• Like Like x 1
  25. simulaw

simulaw New Member

Oh I know that all too well.

26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Performance on Xbox Series X is really Bad like on all Routes, like Texture loading behind the Train First and there still some Trains are Blurred on Tracks

• Like Like x 1
  27. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

That's not Xbox Series X, thats the actual game issue. Runs fine at 4K60 on my setup!

28. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I stream to an Elgato HD60S+ which allows for 4K pass through, and captures the images at 1080p60 for the stream. It's just a matter of getting Streamlabs OBS to output at 1080p60.

• Like Like x 1