Changing Directions, Bakerloo

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hollandcolt#8764, Feb 3, 2021.

1. hollandcolt#8764

hollandcolt#8764 New Member

Hey all! brand new to the forum,

After spending a good chunk of time googling all sorts of different things, and getting increasingly frustrated, I've decided to come for help lol

The issue I'm having is, during the Bakerloo timetable 3, (bringing a train into service) I'm met with a red light someway down the line. Figuring this is where I need to stop and go to the other end of the car to go back to the depot, I shut down the first car, then travel through a pitch black maze to the end car and I can't insert the control key.

What am I missing? How do I complete this?

Apologies for a messy post but I'm so frustrated with the lack of easily accessable information for this game.

Thank you for any help as I do really enjoy cruising down the rails and would like to become more proficient

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

if your unable to insert the key that could be because you haven't removed it from the end your shutting down

3. hollandcolt#8764

Thanks for the quick reply!

I took the key out and shut it at the first end of the train, after turning the power control to OFF, past emergency, switching the Reverser to off and removing that key. I know the windows kill the power if open, so I haven't opened them.

and am I supposed to be switching ends in the middle of a tunnel?

Thanks again

4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Yes :)

Take a look at the route map. Not long after you enter the tunnel, you can see two signals very close together. The rear of the train needs to clear both signals before you switch ends.

If you go past the next signal, you'll get stuck in red in all directions. If your train doesn't clear both signals, you'll get stuck in red in both directions again.

If you want to see how it's done, spawn in the depot on foot and jump in the train as a passenger. The AI will drive it and you can see exactly where you need to stop before changing ends.

If you switch ends, switch on your head torch so you can see what you're doing. You can also put the train into reverse and reverse it in if you want. You'll need to enable to reverse interlock which is located in front of the right hand cab window.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. hollandcolt#8764

Thank you very much, I was able to finally complete it thanks to your guidance.
    Appreciate it and take care!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

no problem happy to help