PC Problem Line Bakerloo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Franck69, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Hi, I would also like to report the problem on the Bakerloo line. At one point, I apply the brakes to decrease the speed in a stretch where a slower speed is expected, and suddenly the train loses power, stops and there is no way to get it going again.
    I've tried everything, but it doesn't move.

• Like Like x 3
  2. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Do you know where exactly it happens?

3. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

I too have this problem, where the train randomly loses power and will not start again, no matter what you do. No one really seems to have any idea what causes this, so it may be a bug. As the OP states, it seems to occur at any random time when you brake, your train will lose the ability to accelerate, leaving you stuck.

4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Where did this specifically happen? Since the line is a 3rd rail line, there can't be rails on the switches. So if you are going too slow on a junction like for example right outside of Queen's Park, you will lose power. The reasoning for this is because when the train goes over the junction along with there being no third rail on them, the train temporarily loses power until it gets in contact with the third rail. If you get stuck on a junction, there is no way you can get the train moving again. Hope this helps

5. A Big Chungus

For me it happens at any point on the line. I've had it at the first station, during the middle of a service, and near the end of one. It literally is you brake to slow down at a station, and then after that the train can no longer accelerate. I've tried all suggestions on here, followed a guide on YouTube on how to perform safety checks etc. but nothing works once the train locks up.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Franck69

Franck69 Member

I don't remember exactly where it happened.
    Actually it happened to me twice. On the same scenario, the one that once you arrive at the head of the line you have to take the train to the wash.
    The first time it happened to me in full line. I found a no-go sign (red) and I had to stop. When I tried to leave, there was no way to succeed. In this case the brake air was completely discharged.
    The second time it happened, at the head it seems to me Queen's Park, I find the red signal, once green, I leave again, there is the limit at 10 miles per hour, I slow down slightly, maybe a little too much, but the train stops completely and does not start again.

7. A Big Chungus

That's the same for me, the brake pressure drops, and trying to recharge them or reset the train does nothing.

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Same here (I thought a mod was causing it but it came back tonight). Somewhere randomly in the vicinity of Willesden Junction the throttle simply stops working.

EDIT: Submitted a ticket

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  9. threeloosmanor

threeloosmanor New Member

Me Too. Completely random places but always after braking. Very annoying but as it seems many are getting it, may be something the next update might address?

10. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

What step in braking are you using out of interest? I have had this happen when I used to use maximum braking while stopped at stations. I now only use step 1 & 2 (3 when really needed) and haven't had the problem since.

11. Franck69

Franck69 Member

it always happens to me, regardless of the type of braking

12. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

It’s a problem on consoles too.

I’ve tried to complete the 4th journey mission - all stops.

Had it get me stuck at Willesden. Second try I made a point of saving while the train was underway - figured if it was a platform or braking problem I could correct.

No go. Can’t remember which station it was - an underground one, maybe the Warwick ave - but even from a moving save point no matter how I stopped at the station I couldn’t get it going again.

I could however still control the speed before I stopped - I went through the station to the next one and tried stopping there - nope still stuck. And I tried stopping in a tunnel. Still stuck.

So whatever is the bug it was fine while underway but once the bug is there next time I stopped I couldn’t get moving again.

Bakerloo is unplayable to me until this is fixed ... can’t even save-game my way around it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

I reported this Problem two weeks ago, never ever an answer......

Now i had the same Problem in a new route, Erkunden --> 10. Fahrplan
    I stop the train at an station, then nothing.
    I reload the Game, nothing - the train is dead.

I reset the start parameter of the train, nothing. Dead.

Now i reported the same problem, but i think, theres never ever an answer for this problem.....

So i Post a video again.... waiting....

The Problem:
    If you stop the train not into the perfect "circle", the train is dead. THATS the Problem. You have to every time perfectly stop, if you stop before, the Train is dead.
    This is very very bad if you drive perfectly, but one station not - then the train is dead.....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  14. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Pinguinie, the yellow exclamation mark in the HUD should not be lit.
    Set the throttle to off/release and the direction selector to inter position and press Q to reset the audible warning valve,
    then try to accelerate again.

This is also part of the startup procedure, if you miss this step, the train won't accelerate anymore.

15. Pinguinie

Pinguinie Active Member

Unfortunately no success, the train is dead.....

with or without yellow lamp.....
    the train confirms that you have pressed, but you cannot accelerate

• Like Like x 1
  16. solicitr

You need to cycle the throttle on and then off again before you regain control. Basic safety interlock in all German trains

17. Greb

Greb New Member

4 different stations, train dead after each stop. Had to reload the save and try again.
    I’ve also submitted a ticket along with Xbox DVR links which shows what’s happening. I can’t complete any of the scenarios from the 3rd section of ‘Life in the Underground’ as this bug is getting more and more frequent with every play.

• Like Like x 2
  18. sequencer2k16

Try to run the service in one session and avoid save & reload, because it is broken and generates weird bugs.
    It's a known issue and already on the roadmap, maybe this is the solution to your problem.

Can you tell me the name of the service and which mode please? I want to try to reproduce it.

19. solicitr

Definitely happens without reloading a save.

20. sequencer2k16

Just for interest, you do not open any windows?!

21. A Big Chungus

This is definitely a bug. You can literally have the train coasting into the stations, not touching any other buttons, but as soon as you brake, the train will just die.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It just happened to me as well. Driving service 201D-09 I made a good stop at Regents pPart. Upon departure, the brakes refused to release and I got stuck. I tried a complete reset (throttle in shutdown, reverser handle out, control handle out, stand up, sit don again and reboot). I does not help. It is the first time I encounter this issue. It may be an issue with the traction lock feature, the speedometer HUD shows traction is locked and it keeps locked.
    Some more detail: MR and BP got stuck at value 1.9 this is not good. And it happened a few stations after I resumed a game I did not complete the day before. So the game save function may be involved as well in this case.

When I tried to restart the game, it did not restart this service, but a walking tour at another station (I did not write down which one). This supports the idea that the save function is part of the problem.

Hopefully something can be done, but it will be hard, because it is hard to reproduce.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Greb

Greb New Member

Same, coast in, start braking before the coloured stopping zones, release brakes before the first zone and it’s as if the train goes into emergency and just throws out the anchors.

24. Greb

Greb New Member

On 201d-07 to 201d-10 so far, but I suspect it will happen on all the others in the 3rd section of ‘life on the underground’.
    Didn’t happen at all on the first 2 sections.

25. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Same same same. Is getting really frustrating when having played up until last stop on a complete line all stops service. No save game way out, not resetting of the train helps. Have also tried this at several different stations, on different positions along the track.

26. hourglass71

hourglass71 New Member

Same there...
    Seems that the saving feature creates a bug and the train is randomly stuck at some stations after a stop.

27. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

At least I can now confirm that I wasnt going mad!

I stopped playing it ages ago, when that happened once or twice, just couldnt leave the station!

• Like Like x 1
  28. solicitr

Except it often happens without saving.

29. hourglass71

hourglass71 New Member

Oh !!
    I only remarked the issue for the conditions stated.
    So if you say so...............

30. dagstar84

dagstar84 New Member

I also came across this problem, right in the first real scenario "Zone One" in Journey Mode. Wasn't able to even complete it yet. Dear Dovetail, here is a video and I can provide a save game if that helps!

31. heyadc123

heyadc123 New Member

I have a same issues. Stonebridge Park station before you park at Recpt.22. It seems the station is out of power. I tried a few time, even stopped before the dock and losses power, no way to move again. I believe it's scenario 6, 222D-11 Elephant & Castle -Harrow & Wealdstone.

"Well seems the problem fix itself I was able to complete the circuit"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  32. solicitr

We feel your pain- but it isn't the station or the service, it's the train. For whatever reason, the 1972 Tube Stock model loses throttle functionality at what appears to be completely random times and places.

33. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Totally agree, with my testing this is true.

For some reason the 1972 Stock is pretty underpowered in my opinion, when compared to the 1938 Stock or Class 483 over on the Isle of Wight. I have gotten the 1938 Stock or Class 483 up to 75MPH or 120KPH. The fastest I got the Bakerloo line 1972 Stock up to was 55-60MPH or 88-96KPH. (Speeds may vary)

It is kind of weird seeing a MUCH older train go faster than a modern train. But maybe because this was the way the train's motors was built. But I cannot confirm this, don't quote me on this...

Also farewell to those old Class 483s or ex-1938 Stock units. Their last day was a few weeks ago. But it is great we have this preserved on the Island line in TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Hello there, gentlemen.

Have encountered this issue once or twice in Journey mode in first chapter. But solved it by open-closing all windows in cab and turning off the Droplight Interlock (the switch is behind the driver), which I beleive sometimes glitches and causes this throttle lock (when your throttle number on the HUD is always in red brackets). After switching the Interlock off I was always able to continue moving.

P.S. Just replayed the services 201D-07 to 201D-10 from Chapter 3 mentioned here and had no problems. Playing on PC.

35. solicitr

Weird! Okay, I found the switch- but what is a droplight and why is there a switch for it? And what does it have to do with the throttle?

36. Reventloff

Its a safety system for preventing you from opening windows while moving. If window in the cab is open, Interlock cut out the throttle.
    While you do not open windows by yourself, I beleive the Interlock sometimes glitches which may result in the mentioned issue.

• Like Like x 1
  37. solicitr

Hmmm- then Sam is fooked........

38. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Encountering the same issues at South Kenton. Red Box on throttle. all doors and windows closed. tried the droplight - didn't work...

39. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

I had this problem several times - but recently I was able to progress by avoiding saving during a service.

I have to admit I tended to save a lot just to be able to take a break or avoid a SPAD costing a lot of time.

Having not saved I’ve completed several services with bakerloo ...

Perhaps those having problems could say whether they’re using saves just in case it’s something to do with that process.

40. solicitr

all right, two things:

1) disengaging the droplight interlocks (booth sides) did not save it

2) I always play with saves, constantly. Is just the act of saving what's doing it, even without reloading from a save?

• Like Like x 1
  41. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Sometimes this happens to me, in 90% of the cases if i hit the emergency brakes then reset the reverser i can go again. Doesn't always work, but most of the time. And this only started a few weeks ago.

42. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Someone else mentioned saves were causing problems and I had this several times on Bakerloo.

After avoiding using saves I haven’t had a recurrence... Could be coincidence but worth a shot.

EDIT : Yes I believe just saving even without the reload will trigger it. I had it happen that way having saved while moving between 2 stations. Couldn’t get going after stopping and every reload the next time I stopped I couldn’t get moving again.

In fact I’ll go one further and say I even avoid going to the pause screen on bakerloo although this hasn’t triggered a problem for me the few times I’ve done that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  43. Reventloff

Interesting, it must be some new bug then. Indeed I do not use save actually, so maybe that helps to avoid this issue.

44. Tanglebones

There may be more than one bug then because I rarely save, and saving wasn't involved in any of the times I experienced this.

• Like Like x 1
  45. solicitr

Nope, happened again with no save involved.

This is infuriating! Bakerloo is literally unplayable until this is fixed. I spent the better part of an hour running north from the London Road depot, and this happens at Wembley.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

Does this occur after you stop at the station?. If so could it be a bug with the train itself not giving power to the train like a dead spot of power?
    I say this because I have played Bakerloo line a lot in my time. I never noticed this issue, could be something new after a recent update?
    When I had an issue with power, I usually reset the droplight cut out: Turning it off then on. Usually this resets the train and you can move again.
    Anyone else think the 1972 Stock is underpowered?. I think so, but I don't live in the UK so what do I know about the power of these old trains.
    Time to call Sam over if we need him.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. Merrin

Merrin New Member

I have stopped playing the game (after just a few hours of playing it) until this gets a fix.
    I know that there are other trains and routes but I bought it solely to drive a LUL tube train

48. solicitr

It happens both at a stop and while running

49. jamzish

jamzish New Member

Im experiecing this also, Red outline around the throttle box, everything is shut, done a full reset, and nothing, has happened to me multiple times even without saving, just a straight run through from elephant to kensal green.

• Like Like x 1
  50. Tanglebones

Just happened to me yet again, two stops from Harrow & Wealdstone with no warning. Pulled into the station as normal, open and closed the doors, and wouldn't come out of red. Very frustrating. DTG Natster - Could we at least get an acknowledgment that issue has been noted and will be looked in to? Apologies if this has been done, but I've not seen or heard one comment on this from the powers that be.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1