Why No Route Extensions?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kosti.nuuja, Dec 9, 2020.

1. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

It’s already been done by the community, the biggest issue is it requires new timetables and scenarios which is time consuming. I’m not saying it’s an easy job to merge routes but it’s technically possible and if the routes are built with a possible merger in mind it’ll make the job easier.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

You could also start by merging routes with timetables not having to be connected. We're always told RRO and RSN have very little services going through... so? Give me busy Hagen and maybe have some freight go through (only little changes to timetable). The better example used to be NEC and LIRR - no train changes routes from one to another, but Penn Station to Sunnyside would be amazingly busy and great to watch while not making "unpopular long services".

• Like Like x 2
  3. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

West Ealing to High Wycombe would be a nice addition to GWE.

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I agree with route mergers like Koln To Frankfurt High Speed. That would be a standalone route and then you can merge ska and the Koln Frankfurt route. Everyone owns ska as well so and it's a high speed route and they have the new tech so to me that would be a no brainer

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

to be fair i would rather have it past reading to some where

6. martschuffing

Don't disagree with you. but it would be nice to have a bit of a network.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the points in this thread. I am a big fan of services that are around 40-60 mins in length. But also would love to drive the HST's a bit longer than they are now. Would gladly pay for route extensions if that is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  8. martschuffing

The thing is when you are driving at 125mph Reading comes around very quickly. The same goes for Munchen Augsburg etc.

9. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Extensions are also not just about making a long line from A to B go to C. These could also be used to make more network-like routes. Easy way to make stations busy. Have HMA extend to Ingolstadt and trains from both branches meet at München HBF, ad Ashford to SEHS, create local routes around Marseille and join them with LGV, create a route from San Jose to Emeryville featuring Amtrak and meeting Caltrain in San Jose and Santa Clara. The services not being longer while addressing one of the biggest problems of TSW - empty stations.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I think this is what TSW would be great for, network routes. You could drive one service, then change onto another service which goes a different route or destination.

• Like Like x 5