PlayStation Do 3rd Party Routes/locos Eventually Come Under Dtg Preservation Team?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Feb 3, 2021.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Having had some issues with trophies for IOW, a route developed by Rivet, namely complete all scenarios not popping for all of us plus half the trophies missing compared to PC version, it got me thinking about the DTG Preservation team led by DTG Adam.

Once a 3rd party like Rivet have released a route are they custodians of that route forever more or do they transfer to Adams team after a certain period?

With the trophy issues, Rivet say 'its a core issue, speak to DTG' yet DTG say speak to Rivet. It's frustrating to be sat in the middle and currently there are no IOW items on the Roadmap even though reported in Tech Reports. Also for the BR204 (also Rivet) I can't get the PZB to appear in the HUD. Right now it puts me off buying any further Rivet DLC. Some clarity on the further development/fixing process for 3rd parties would be helpful

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m certainly put off buying any further Rivet content because of the attitude it has taken to the route, particularly on PS4. I still think the quality of certain aspects of the route leave a lot to be desired. I haven’t really played the route since buying it. If Rivet can’t be bothered with the route, neither can I. Which is a shame. I was really looking forward to IoW and after SPG, it’s probably my least favourite route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's intentional. The 204 has no PZB in-cab display.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

They were there on DTG's own stream 16th April 2020. By the time I had bought it they had disappeared.
    If PZB is a feature then it should be there
    Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 13.59.47.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

this!!! Since the poor original release and missing trophies on the IOW update... hardly play this now.

curious to know if they will ever be fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Smograil

Smograil Member

Agreed, have barely played this route and have been put off too

• Like Like x 4
  7. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

This would be interesting to know for me as well. The 204 in its current state is probably the worst locomotive of the game - the endless sound issues seem to affect it even more than the rest of the preserved collection, I sometimes find it even more annoying than the broken vacuum cleaner called 146...
    And although I admit I'm not an expert I think its physics are broken as well. I tried it in RT recently with a small freight train and couldn't get it past 70 km/h despite going full throttle (which obviously caused the looping sound issues to appear more often). They were used as freight engines on my local line several years ago and definetely are capable of reaching 100 km/h in single on longer trains... which makes sense since they are a mainline loco nevertheless.
    Asides to that the engine body was bouncing most of the time which should not happen on such a flat route like RT...

... this makes me a bit sad since the Arosa line is the only upcoming DLC I am looking forward to but with so many issues and unfixed bugs on previous releases I have a very bad feeling about it.

I mean, even DTGs bug fixing looks like light speed if you compare it...

• Like Like x 1
  8. TinTin_57

• Like Like x 1
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Rivet Games (formerly known as Thomson Interactive) is only just getting into developing for TSW and developing for consoles as a whole. They are regarded as one of the best developers for third party routes and locos for TS2021. In fact, if you’re curious as to what the Arosa Line might look like in TSW, take a look at some videos or pictures of the Arosa Line they developed for TS2021. It's one of the best routes for the game in my opinion and has a very high quality standard for the scenery and included trains. I agree that the IOW fiasco on consoles has led to some frustration, but that doesn’t mean the whole studio is doomed when it comes to TSW development.

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I didn't buy it due to how short it was. $24.99 well saved

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. solicitr

I disagree. The bottom-right HUD (unlike the other HUD elements) is there to tell you what the driver's dashboard is saying, while you have your camera pointed elsewhere. If an indicator doesn't exist in the real dashboard, it shouldn't be in the HUD dashboard. The only safety-system indicator in a 204 is the Sifa lamp.

BTW, I have totally got the 204 up to 100 on the main line, in fact had to do some nifty brake-dancing to keep it from running over.

(props to Rivet on this much: the 204 probably has the most detailed and lifelike-looking cab in TSW to date)

12. TinTin_57

I know what you are saying but It’s a matter of consistency with the TSW2 HUD. A standard should be followed for all locos with PZB. That being the case it is in fact now missing compared to all other German locos including the other Shunter, the 363

13. solicitr

I'm not sure that's the case. Certainly as you move from train to train the brake indicators, for example, change depending on how the train is equipped and instrumented; and power-output readings come in amps, kN or kilopounds based on the original's readout-- or, in that case of the 204, none at all!

14. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

The main fail I remember from initial release was someone on here describing the buttons resembling “melted candles” :D

15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

TinTin_57 I believe any future updates that are required would be the responsibility of Rivet, and is some cases we would assist here at DTG. However I'm not certain on that off the top of my head, so I will aim to get you a clearer answer tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  16. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The Cab and Train Sound on the DB BR 204 is Complety broken just all DTG Locos like Rapid Transit Talent 2 or the 143 and 146/185

17. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

To further answer your question. You can direct all third party questions to the third part developer.
    So in this case if you have a problem with Isle of Wight you can contact Rivet and explain the problem. Even if Rivet don't directly fix the problem themselves, and we do it here at DTG, they will pass all feedback back to us.

If this ever changes and Isle of Wight or any third party route/loco falls into the preservation crews remit, we will be sure to make you aware of that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I Called Rivet Games on Twitter but they didnt fixed the Problem since Months

19. TinTin_57

I also logged the issues with them and then they said it's DTG's problem. I give up. Not buying another Rivet DLC though if thats their attitude

• Like Like x 2