PlayStation Fix It

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paullisa7572, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

and nice work here from coasterflo , he working really hard to get our goal appreciate much and hope that we get our answer soon from the Dovetail team :)

• Like Like x 14
  2. Starkiller

the most people in here would love to get the Achievement / Trophy done , even if the Scenario is not working we are wanna complet just our game ^^ so if it just will be a rename or change requierments i think it would ok for us :D
    would be like a christmas present for us to unlock our final achievement :D

• Like Like x 15
  3. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Sticking something about this on the roadmap again would help us keep an eye on it without pestering you as well.

• Like Like x 16
  4. redders_the_great

redders_the_great Member

I like many people here am a Achievement hunter. It's all about completing the game and all DLC's. Please could you just put a patch out to pop the achievement upon starting the DLC or change the requirements to drive at 31MPH as others have suggested. It would show you care about your customers and could quite possibly persuade anyone who is on the fence about this game to finally take a leap once it's possible to 100% the game again.

If you brought a new car and something broke, you would not settle for "Sorry we brought out a new model so we won't repair yours as it's last years model" That is not an acceptable response, so why should a game be any different? Especially since it's still available for purchase.

I really hope you do what's right for your fans and put this right, after all it is a choice to add achievements to DLC, not a necessity. If you don't want to support them don't add them in the first place.

Thank you for your time DTG and thanks to all the other passionate folks here trying to make this right for everybody.

• Like Like x 19
  5. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...nice first post, welcome to the forums btw. I pretty much agree with everything you wrote... let’s just hope DTG finally gets their act together one day and significantly cleans up some of the lingering issues with their code. Plenty of players here have been asking them to do this (for literally months)... DTG just needs to commit to it and make it happen.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 18
  6. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

@redders_the_great
    Can only agree with Stockton Rails, good comparison
    and welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 16
  7. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I can only agree with you. Therefore, I simply stick to my request to the developer team.

Renaming the Trophe / Achievement alone and the problem with the DLC is, in my opinion, a fair compromise that will certainly satisfy 90% of those affected. ;-)

• Like Like x 14
  8. Starkiller

Would be happy if there will be an message from the Dovetail team that they will do this for us :D

• Like Like x 14
  9. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

Yes, I hope the same. Fingers crossed that DTG has good news for our Trophe / Achievement.

But also thanks to all here in the forum who participate and engage ;)

• Like Like x 14
  10. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Sorry for going quiet on this. What's the name of the missing trophy? We're going to see whether the scenario fix or changing what's needed to earn the trophy will be achievable. I'm not in a position to give any guarantees on this front, but I'll keep you informed on progress.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Full Circle is the name of the achievement for completing Cement Circle.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

On Xbox, the achievement is called CL31: Full Circle.

• Like Like x 16
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. TheTipsyRaccoon

Same for PS4.

• Like Like x 16
  14. Starkiller

oh yes
    oh yes :D
    thats some good news :D
    its the Cement Circle from the BR Class 31 DLC , Full Circle is the name of the achievement , would be sooo happy if that really happens and will be unlockable ^^ , thank you DTG Protagonist for give us that info and thank for give us hope that this will be soon done :D

• Like Like x 15
  15. konradtrains

I see exactly the same, thanks for keeping us up to date and trying your best @DTG Protagonist

• Like Like x 15
  16. AC Rock3tman

AC Rock3tman Member

Best news today, thanks for your engagement!

• Like Like x 15
  17. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

And please ask for the Xbox as well. I also think that many will buy the DLC afterwards when they see that you can get the Achievement again. After all, many have the Gamepass and are therefore potential buyers.

• Like Like x 15
  18. redders_the_great

redders_the_great Member

This is fantastic that you guys are taking notice of this issue. Thank you DTG Protagonist. If you fix it, I (and I'm sure many others) will suggest it as a news article on Trueachievements.com and might even lead to some free publicity for you guys.

Fingers crossed we get a green light on a fix, both figuratively and literally :D

• Like Like x 14
  19. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Also from my side thank you for the effort @DTG Protagonist, also for me the best news of the day. :)

But I can only agree with @Yunas Papi. Please do not forget that the problem exists on both platforms (PlayStation and Xbox) and it probably by the Gamepass especially on Xbox many Achievement Hunter would be happy about a fix, which are not active in the forum here. ;-)

• Like Like x 14
  20. coasterflo

Hi together,

First of all thanks to @DTG Protagonist for your message. I think that gives us all hope.

Even if everyone else has already written it. Here the pictures of the Achievement / Trophy from True Achievements

XBOX:

upload_2021-2-5_13-31-41.png

PlayStation:

upload_2021-2-5_13-33-32.png

If we can help the development team in any way (for example with a video or a detailed report of what we found out and tried) we can create it. Just let us know! ;)

• Like Like x 14
  21. Seamus McLimey

Seamus McLimey Member

Hi all, like a few others I have signed up for this forum to give my two cents on the situation. Seems very odd to me that you would be content with a broken product still being available for purchase and not rectifying the situation prior to abandoning support. For Xbox users, TSW 2020 is in Game Pass, so it has a much wider audience than TSW2. You would think you would want any content someone might buy for a game with a higher exposure to be working properly.

That said, I'm also an achievement hunter and would gladly see a change or fix for the achievement itself if that is the easier (and more likely) solution to this problem. I do enjoy the game, but leaving this broken would certainly leave me less inclined to invest in future content.

• Like Like x 18
  22. Starkiller

your right Seamus , i think you can speak for everyone of us , we are wanna have more DLC and more achievements but we wanna unlock all of them so we all hope for the patch , re-name of the achievement and hopefully it will be soon and we could go togehter past that red light of the cement circle , we all will be happy when its finally pop up on our screen :D

• Like Like x 14
  23. tachionicantitel83

tachionicantitel83 Member

Best news for the start of the week, let's hope there is a solution for "Full Circle" for PlayStation and XBOX Hunter soon. Thanks to DTG Protagonist

So I don't know about you, but I'm just as happy when I can't pass the red signal and still get "Full Circle" on my screen. The main thing is that I can complete my game ;-)

• Like Like x 14
  24. Starkiller

Tachinicantitel83 your right , would be happy with only the achievement pop up , thats the only thing i wanna have to complete TSW2020 :D

• Like Like x 14
  25. isa98bella

isa98bella Active Member

Heeey everybody,

I am completely new here and to Train Sim World.
    I like to play simulations on my XBOX and use the Gamepass which is why I wanted to start Train Sim World 2020.

But for me it is not only important to finish one game, but all parts of a game series (in view of the Achievements), so I will probably buy Train Sim World 2 only when I have finished the first part and at the moment "Full Circle" slows me down to start.

Of course I'm rather the exception, but I think the Achievement Support is still important for some new customers like me or other Gamepass users.

And for us Achievement collectors, dealing with such problems often has to do with the overall image of a developer. Helping us now would not only repair the rather bad impression, but rather on the contrary push it into the positive.

That our voices are still heard and respected after this long time creates loyalty and trust.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    PS.: Sorry for my english, I am from Italy and used Deepl. So I have no idea how well what I say is translated xD
    Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 13
  26. Starkiller

Hey :D
    have you seen the Roadmap Stream , it was nice to see that we have got an little answer , hopefully you guys see this too :D

there should be no problem with all the mechanics of the game, if you would re-name the Trophy/ achievement it would be go nothing wrong;D

even games like Gears of War 4 or other games did this and we are happy to see that we are not hopeless for unlocking the last achievement in the game , thank you guys for all that work and hopefully we get the pop up of the Full Circle achievement soon ;D

• Like Like x 14
  27. coasterflo

Hey, just watched the roadmap stream as well.

Thanks to Sam and Adam, that you have responded to the question and shows that you give your best to fix a solution.

As I said the other day, if you can help the dev team in any way, let us know.

Regarding Adam's statement about technical issues with renaming the achievement/trope for consoles.
    At least on Xbox this is often seen in recent months. For Exampel:
    • Gears of War 4
    • Rainbow Six Siege
    • Killer Instinct
    • Dirt 5
    or some games of the developer Xitilon even got a completely new Achievement list.

Other developers have not "renamed" the achievements, but changed the condition so that they are automatically unlocked at the start of the game. As far as I've heard about True Achievements, this is possible without intervention from XBOX and without updating the game itself. But I can also be wrong, no guarantee.

I think we all hope for a solution, and as long as the Achievement / Trophy ploppt at the end for us we are all happy with the solution. :)

• Like Like x 14
  28. konradtrains

Just looked it up on Youtube and thank you so much for trying to find a solution DTG.:love: We know that you can not guarantee anything, but the attempt alone is something.

For all who want to watch it too. "Train Sim World 2 Roadmap? 9 February 2021" on the official Youtube channel at 1h 23min. ;)

Here is a link with timestamp:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
  29. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

I looked that up again for the PlayStation. And in the case of Dirt 5 and Rainbow Six Siege (Killer Instinct, Gears of War 4 doesn't exist for PlayStation), the Trophies have also been renamed. So it seems to be technically possible somehow.

Personally, I could also imagine that a real fix for the Cement Circle scenario is "easier" in this case, because the team has already implemented this in TSW 2.
    Re-doing something known may not be the easiest solution in the end, but it is more stable, faster and cheaper. And it would still have the advantage that really everyone is happy in the end.

But hey, I'm happy with both solutions. But what is the best solution for TSW, I think only the development team knows in the end anyway.

So fingers crossed ;-)

• Like Like x 13
  30. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

That sounds positive from what was mentioned in the stream yesterday, hopefully you will find a way to fix the problem and allow us to get the last Achievement, once that is done I will get TSW2 right after and continue my journey there.

• Like Like x 13
  31. coasterflo

You are right about that. The team should choose the solution you are most comfortable with. Just like you, I keep my fingers crossed that they find a feasible one.

My message should also not be understood as a criticism of Adam's statement, rather as helpful info again ;)

• Like Like x 13
  32. Starkiller

It feels really good that so much people in here fighting together for our goal to get the Achievement done :D
    im full of hope that DTG will give us our achievement soon :D
    thanks for all the support what a nice team in here :D

• Like Like x 14
  33. TheTipsyRaccoon

Sadly I’m no more excited by what was said on the stream. Back when TSW2 first came out and I was fighting to have this scenario fixed by myself (or so it seemed) they mentioned it on a stream then. The same things were said: “We want it fixed but it’s not our decision.” “It’s about finding the resources/staff.” “There are certain obstacles to overcome that aren’t as easy as they seem.” (although they weren’t an issue on TSW2). Yet here we are months down the line still pleading with them to fix it. The only difference is that DTG Protagonist has promised to come back with a solid yes or no.

For the DTG decision makers, with regards to resources and it being a challenge to pull people off TSW2 fixes to sort this out, it seems like a no brainer to me. Just from this thread alone how many people have said they’re waiting to buy TSW2 until this is fixed? Do you not like money?

Honestly I’m hoping Sam comes back with a yes, but I’m still not holding my breath. Someone prove me wrong?

• Like Like x 15
  34. james#6343

james#6343 Member

Ok. I feel like a very important point needs to be made, and unfortunately it’s been made multiple times before and some people just can’t seem to comprehend it.

Dovetail Games IS NOT EA. They’re NOT Rockstar Games. They DONT have a million employees. They are a fairly small company, with only enough capacity to work on a few games at the same time. Those games being TS2 and TSW2. (Not sure if they still support their fishing titles.) they just don’t have enough people working for them that they can just pull a team from a TSW2 project and assign them to an older game. It doesn’t make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  35. james#6343

james#6343 Member

And as for that petition… yeah. Obviously they’re not going to approve of that. Especially on their OWN forums. And it doesn’t matter how many signatures you get. You could have Queen Elizabeth II sign that, and it’s not going to change the fact that they just don’t have the staff to do it. And I know what some people are gonna say: “Hire more people” and to that I must point out a few things:

1. They are. But they’re hiring people for TSW 2 currently, because that’s where the focus is. (More people working on a route, the faster it comes out. ESSENTIALLY)
    2. Hiring people costs money. And game developers aren’t cheap. It doesn’t make sense for them to hire someone or pay a current employee to work on a bug for a game that isn’t going to make any more money. DTG is a company with a bottom line. That would be wasting money.

36. james#6343

james#6343 Member

And I know many people aren’t going to like that I’m “siding with the company” but reality is I’m “siding with common sense.”

37. Starkiller

Hello James , nice to meet you , why are you so toxic against our hope for the patch or the re-name of an achievement/Trophy ?

they dont need thoes much employees for that , they have patched that in TSW2 and dont have brought the same patch in TSW1 .
    the next thing i know much more people which still play in TSW1 and that game brings money too , its on Game Pass and i dont think that you know how the achievements /trophys are working , the easiest is if they would just pop it up or re-name the Cement Circle Achievement

DTG are really nice and they sad they try there best so we are hope for the little thing and im full of hope they will help us and if that is patched or obtainable there will be more people which buying all dlc , this will be payout trust me :D

• Like Like x 14
  38. Grobanite

Grobanite Member

Nobody denies that it costs money to hire new people, but it's a fact that the Achievement we're talking about was available before the last update and not after. As a customer-oriented company you should ALWAYS try to correct your mistakes.
    If I buy a game that comes with Achievements, I want to be able to get them as a gamer and TSW 2020 is still played by many people and is still available for purchase. I personally know some who have started the game only recently, have paid a lot of money for the DLC's and the game, like us just now can't complete.
    If it's so difficult and complicated to respond to its longstanding community, as you say, then you should not integrate Achievements in games, because today they make the gaming experience of many games.
    TSW 2020 is a product that sells and is a huge joy to many, so why not stand up for the game to be fixed? We are not hurting anyone with this. On the contrary! We are showing DTG how important their game is to us.
    That's the way it's with everything, not only with games. When you buy something, you as a customer want it to be intact and that's how it's here.
    No one needs to come and say "Well then play TSW2 because the scenario works there" - because TSW 2020 is sold as a separate game and is therefore not the same game.

• Like Like x 16
  39. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

Hello to all in this thread,

normally I just read along here, but after the post today and some back and forth, I decided to make my contribution, especially because I'm more or less exactly the case Starkiller mentioned.

I started TSW 2020 with the Gamepass and also bought the "BR Class 31" DLC on 08.10.2020. Here is my proof of purchase:
    upload_2021-2-13_12-35-50.png
    I even bought most of my DLC after the release of TSW 2.
    Then I ran into the problem with "Full Circle" and stopped playing TSW because I can't complete it.
    If the problem was fixed now, I would still buy the missing DLCs to complete the game and would not be averse to TSW 2.

In my case that would be the following DLCs:

• DB BR 182
    • DB BR 155
    • RheinRuhr: Osten
    • Canadian National Oakville Subdivision
    • RheinRuhr: Duiburg - Bochum
    • DB BR 204
    • LIRR M3
    • BR Class 20 Chopper

And I think I'm not the only one. As Starkiller said, many Gamepass users play TSW 2020 and still buy DLCs there. And Achievement collectors would certainly not only then buy the BR CLass 31 again, but also just those they are missing otherwise.

btw thanks to all here in the thread who are advocating and also to DTG Protagonist, Sam and Adam, and the development team:D

• Like Like x 17
  40. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

Sorry but after james#6343 I have also to speak up now.

I find the commitment of all here very nice. And it was also cool that Sam and Adam have gone into it in the stream and that the development team is trying to find a solution here.

But on the subject of employees and track releases. Certainly not everyone at DTG is working on the new tracks. The current roadmap are all fixes of the Long Island DLC. The DLC is much older than the problem here and above all, the content of the DLC can be played. The problems at this point are more sound requests and details. (And that DTG is now revisiting Long Island is very cool of them and clearly fanservice;)).

But if there is time, then I would also like to be able to play my paid DLC where of three scenarios, one does not work at all and the other only under certain circumstances. And in the timetable mode also some does not run smoothly.

I would very much like to drive over the red signal, but that we ask here only for the Achievement is already because DTG is not EA and we have understanding.

Every problem question has its justification and I'm happy for everyone who is happy about the Long Island Update. But when it comes to lack of development capacity:
    Our concern is about a part of the game that is not playable (and many here have been writing about this since before the release of TSW 2), we were promised help that didn't come. Why is there capacity to fix the Long Island sound, but not for our red signal that really prevents us from playing.

I like TSW and I finds cool that just for Long Island time is, but if in the end not even the Achievement can be saved. I lack a little understanding. :|And sorry but it's not cool that I need TSW 2 to play it.I bought it for TSW 2020, so the achievement would at least be a consolation for me.:)

• Like Like x 14
  41. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

So I've already invested well over 200€ in TSW 2020 and of course I'd also get the missing DLCs and of course TSW 2, just because of the Trophies and steam locomotives.
    So before it ends up about the money, because I would even go one step further and also donate another 10€ or 20€ for a fix.

Of course this is part of the support of DTG but hey, I'd rather spend 220€ and have the game finished than if I invested 200€ and it ends with Cement Circle.
    And I think I'm not the only one. If you pay several hundred euros for DLCs to get all the Trophies and Achievements, I'm sure you can find some for that donation.

DTG: If you want us to start a fundraiser, let us know. I'm sure we'll get something together.

With 20 € from my side you can count

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  42. Starkiller

hey Bigboy87 count me in with 20€ , if it helps shure we are all helping :D

• Like Like x 14
  43. AlexNHR

AlexNHR Member

I see it exactly the same way, I would also throw 20€ into the pot if that helps.

If DTG helps us, then I'm also happy to do my part. :)

I have invested a lot in TSW, I actually like DTG because they also do fan service. And so you can show that we are not just the angry customers here, but want to participate in a solution.

• Like Like x 13
  44. konradtrains

Cool idea guys, I think is a nice gesture!

I would join you and buy my ticket for the donation train for a ride to the "Full Circle". ;)

If they try to support us, we support them.
    That's how you can achieve things, hand in hand, together. :)

• Like Like x 13
  45. coasterflo

Woah bigboy87 , so that's what I call an obliging idea and I can only agree with your reasoning / view.

Let's wait for DTG answer to your crowdfunding idea and if you agree, I'll be happy to help you organize it (but admittedly I haven't done it myself yet).

If you see how many have already found in less than a day here, woah. I also think that some of the petition would follow and so also a nice sum comes together.

Probably not as much as a fix costs (I can't really estimate that), but at least a share that shows that we also like to be part of the problem solving and DTG as loyal customers (with a special hobby Achievements / Tropäen Hunting) like to support when they help us.

I would be after all the time, with the petition and the effort because of this problem at least with a track DLCs in it (so 30€), if not more.

• Like Like x 13
  46. hamilton

hamilton Active Member

So if you also accept dollars, I'm also in with 20$.;)

(btw, this just shows that there are too few American routes in TSW :cool:).

Petition is also signed, thanks to all here.

• Like Like x 13
  47. Starkiller

this is teamwork in here , love it ! :D

• Like Like x 13
  48. DBklaus

DBklaus Active Member

You're right, I would also join with 30 euros.

It's simply booked as a membership fee in the budget, no one has to know that it wasn't for the gym. ;)

• Like Like x 13
  49. Starkiller

nice we are allready at 90€ , where is our DTG Protagonist , take our money and give us our achievement ;D
    we will support Dovetail for there hard work and if they help us getting that achievement on Xbox and Trophy on PS we will all be happy :D

• Like Like x 13
  50. Yunas Papi

Yunas Papi Active Member

If money should really be the problem (which I can not really imagine), I would also contribute my part.

But I think that a fix will increase sales for the DLCs, because the Achievement/Trophyhunter see that you can complete it again and thus some can be taken again by the increased sales.

• Like Like x 14