Japan Please!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dlangdale, Oct 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

Hi, could we please get some Japanese routes for TSW2. There are so many beautiful train rides in Japan, not to mention the shinkansen bullet train which would be a marvelous addition.
    I would love to see the Current tram systems include Sapporo Street Car (Sapporo) and Hakodate City Tram (Hakodate) in Hokkaidō; Tokyo Toden and Tokyu Setagaya Line in (Tokyo), Enoden (Kamakura), Toyohashi Railroad (Toyohashi), Toyama Chihō Railway (Toyama), Man'yōsen (Takaoka), Randen (Kyoto), Hankai Tramway (Osaka), Okaden (Okayama), and many more! They are all so Picturesque. ❤️❤️❤️

• Like Like x 12
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a Japanse commuter line. Something like the Wakayama & Sakurai Lines for Train Simulator. :)
    Not a fan of high speed though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I’d like to see Tokyo’s Subway system in the game. Maybe even some high speed rail.

4. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Yamanote Line in Tokyo. It's length fits within those previously released for TSW.

The big thing why I don't think this will ever happen is that this is an above-ground line going through a very, very dense urban centre. I'm quite sure TSW can't handle this nor will DTG ever take on such as task.

I think they will continue making routes in the same old countries as always. They can reuse assets making routes that come out of the same stations. I really wish they would put "world" in Train Sim World. Last I checked the world was a lot more than USA, UK, Germany, Canada, and France.

If I can find a train sim with comparable graphics that actually has a decent array of countries, I'd leave TSW in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

It’s easier to make routes in US, UK, Germany. They are slowly expanding out though.

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

One word

-Licensing

Unless they can partner with a railway not owned by the JR Group, dont expect a route from Japan unless Union Workshop moves development to TSW2.

7. BigMountain555

By looking at the list of countries represented in Train Simulator 2021, I do not expect things to be any better in TSW. After all those years, they still only reflect very few of the nearly 200 nations in the world.

8. BigMountain555

That may be true, but part of me thinks they have not even attempted to partner with anybody besides the small handful they already work with.

9. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Does Densha De Go have license for JR group? If so it should be possible (unless they have exclusivity which seems really unlikely). Language barrier could possibly be an issue though as English isn't as well spoken as it is in most places in the world. DTG would probably have to hire a Japanese speaking researcher or a translator for when they go over there to do research. Also since Japan is about a 12 hour one way flight from UK they would probably like to go over once and do research for multiple routes at the same time as they said that when they start a new country they want to do multiple routes. Though I suppose they could hire somebody already in Japan.

If they couldn't do JR though there are many large private railway networks like Kintetsu or Nankai they could ask who operate multiple lines (I guess it would just rule out the Shinkansen).

I would really like to see Japanese routes though, so I probably wouldn't complain about any of them. High speed routes are a bit boring to drive but a Shinkansen would still be incredible (especially with passenger announcements), or I would be happy to see something like the Yamanote line or even more suburban or rural routes like Wakayama/Sakurai and Tadami already in Train Simulator by Union Workshop. They could start with a small line about 15km like the Wakayama Electric Railway Company's Kishigawa line which is quite unique.

Also if we got Shinkansen I bet Matt would definitely make sure we also get the Hello Kitty Shinkansen as its pink haha.

• Like Like x 3
  10. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I personally wouldn't mind seeing the Osaka Loop Line. Although it was 2011 when I was last on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Shinkansen Bullet Trains would be amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Yamanote would be very empty without the parallel lines which are also super busy - I suspect even a high end PC would struggle!

Something that's not going to help with creating new routes is that Japan is currently off limits to foreign travellers. There is talk that if Covid subsides they *may* start letting visitors in from April, so on the ground research and recording is not going to be possible for 6 months at least.

As for branding all the JR stuff so far has been debranded or uses the "UR" logo that some Anime uses. While you might be able to get some the of the JRs on board the JR trademark is shared between 9 companies (JR Regions + JR Freight + JR Research)

I think a good start would be for TSW to gain a Japanese translation, for reasons Swiss railways are very popular over there so maybe tie that in with the Arosa route.

• Like Like x 3
  13. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Japan is famous for being the land of trains and I would be very happy to have a Japanese itinerary.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

One upside though is Union Workshop E5 that they are working on since i believe last December, most recently they posted an update in August. Which I think is the E5s interior. Though this may only be TS2021 DLC, it will open up a door for a Shinkansen to come to TSW2 if UW makes the jump over from Ts2021.
    005vR2T1ly1gddbojaxroj30zk0k0wh2.jpg
    5bd1aa9dly1ghqkgsdd5pj20zk0k048l.jpg
    5bd1aa9dly1ghqkgsg0r6j20zk0k0484.jpg
    Shinkansen_E5_interior_2018-02-09_(39286104035).jpg
    https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4537908582682359

15. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

As an example of what I mean by high end PCs may struggle with the amount of traffic - this is Akabane, interchange between the Keihin-Tohoku, Saikyo and Tohoku mainline services. 7 trains in less then 1 minute!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I really want a Japanese line, even a small 30 km line in the countryside with a pretty Kiha will fill me with joy !!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In addition with the livery editor we can paint them as we want.
    Please DTG .....

• Like Like x 1
  17. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

If Union Workshop ports over their Tadami Line, that would be perfection. That route has some wonderful scenic landscapes that deserve to be in Train Sim World 2. The Tadami Line has changed lots since the route being released on Steam as the KIHA 40 got replaced with KIHA E120...

There is so much potential here if Union Workshop sees this.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Articuno

Articuno Well-Known Member

Yes KiHa 40 would be great with the livery designer! - there are probably hundreds of different liveries used in real life by the different JR groups and the private railways.

Tadami line would be great, or maybe something in Kyushu since they haven't done a line there before like the Hisatsu line which uses some KiHa 40 sets and is also a very scenic route. Really I'd be happy with anything in Japan.

• Like Like x 1
  19. noonespecial#3435

noonespecial#3435 New Member

I also would love to see Japan featured in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's true. The Tadami Line is a beutiful route and would probably look amazing in TSW2. Especially if Union Workshop nailed their visuals in TSW just like they did in TS.

Though personally I would really prefer a proper commuter line. Something like the Yamanote Line is probably out of question, as it's way too complex and busy, But maybe something like the Yokohama Line, I would really love that. Especially with some older stock like the 205 series. Or the Osaka Loop Line would also be great, I don't know if they could make that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BigMountain555

Yamanote would be a dream for me but it's too dense for this game. It would never run properly.

I would love to see modern commuter routes like you mentioned. Just wow.

22. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

It's probably just a dream of mine, but the Yokohama Line would be perfect. A 2 track commuter line, nice japanese city feel but nothing too dense, both elevated and ground level sections, and 50-60 minutes of ride time I believe. Meets a few other lines along the way, but only for short durations so the lack of traffic on those lines would not be as noticeable. Could be set in 2014 so it could come with both the 205 series and the E233 series, giving the player a nice choice between retro and newer.

• Like Like x 2
  23. BigMountain555

I would buy that day one!!! I would love to see this on either TSW or Train Simulator.