Words That Must Be Said

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 71rail, Mar 11, 2018.

1. 71rail

71rail New Member

First of all i'd like to say that i don't have powerful PC and the only way to play TSW is my Xbox. And now after playing xbox version I totally convinced that Xbox One or Xbox One S doesnt have enough performance to deal with it.

I think my console asking me to kill itself, because framerate is really bad. Also there are so many video bugs and glitches. This 'console optimisation' looks like a failure because the game picture is very poor - clay trees, horrible sky and glossy surfaces. With all of this, the game works so slow that even trains run out of schedule.

DTG produced really bad product and i feel like a fool. Just want to know how many players think the same?

2. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I happen to disagree Im playing it on the Xbox One and i dont seem to have any problems via performance to deal with TSW and i dont notice any bad framerate and the game picture isnt poor at all, My game works fine and ive checked a timetable that a fellow member posted in another post on here and the schedule was spot on from that timetable.

DTG have produced a really good game, I own their Euro Fishing Game on Xbox One aswell as i have to say DTG have really impressed me with both Euro Fishing and TSW

3. HopesAnchor131

HopesAnchor131 Active Member

I also disagree, I do own the One X though. Performance is really good for me most of the time. It has it's problems and frame rate does drop but I certainly don't regret buying it. If it looks particularly bad on your console maybe it's dying?

I'm sure the game will be much improved after a few patches too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pets0undz1966

Pets0undz1966 New Member

Count me also disappointed. I'm also playing on Xbox One X, and the draw distance is extremely short. Buildings pop in out of nowhere. Cross-ties 20 feet in front of the player continually pop in. People in stations have no detail at all. Driving a loco with the wipers running causes stutter, frame drops, and frame tears.

I do hope the game improves with patches! If we compare to another game with realistic backgrounds, Forza Horizon looks awesome on Xbox with none of the above graphical glitches. It's obviously an imperfect analogy, as Forza is a big-budget racing game. But Forza shows what's possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Odd1ne

Odd1ne Active Member

I first would of agreed but the more I play it the more I am getting used to it and I don't mind I am really enjoying it and hope they release more

• Like Like x 1
  6. SimFan

SimFan Member

I have to disagree as well. For a first time train sim on console, it's really not a bad effort from DTG.

Could there be improvements? Of course and I am sure DTG will make them in due course. Just have to remember, this is DTG first foray into consoles with TSW, so not everything is going to be perfect right off the bat.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MiniMe943

MiniMe943 New Member

I don’t recall who said it, but someone pointed out that TSW on Xbox is running a different build number than on PC, and I think more people, myself included, need to realize that TSW on Xbox is VERY early along, and it’ll take a good bit of time and effort before it’s working the way it should be.

I bought TSW expecting it to be a lot more finished, but now I’m viewing it as an investment. I’ve invested into a product that (with any luck) will only get better and better through continued support.

• Like Like x 4
  8. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that the lower build number means XBONE is an earlier version at all. That's just confirmation bias in action-you do realize that build 40 of the game in PC terms was around/just before the original release...and passengers were not supported in the original release. If the silly theory that XBONE is running and old version were true, there would be no passengers, no pick up passengers objectives, etc.

Each branch of builds will have a different build number, and XBONE just happens to be a different branch than PC (ya don't say?)

9. MiniMe943

MiniMe943 New Member

Fair enough.

10. Retrovertigo

Retrovertigo Member

Xbox One X here (I have two, one in the bedroom and one in the living room) and both consoles show the same bad framerate drops and lots of screen tear. I also get the cross-ties (?) popping in right in front of the train as well as some track just not appearing.

I don't think the Xbox is lacking power to run this, as it is based on Unreal engine isn't it? And that has produced some remarkable looking games. So it should be capable of running this at a fair lick.

11. 71rail

71rail New Member

I don't understand. Some people with the powerful the One X console have a bad framerate. But some people who plays TSW on the Xbox One (1 generation) doesn't has any problem. That's a nonsense

12. Thatmadgk

Thatmadgk New Member

i have the standard xbox one and i have no problem
    i like to drive in service mode 6:30 out of paddington in a blizard :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I've got a few issues with framerate on Xbox One X, but the game is more than playable 98% of the time and I am not seeing the huge issues with the timetable and services mode that a lot of people are. I personally think the PC gamers that are getting it on Xbox need to stop comparing it to the PC version on performance, as I bet their PC's are quite a lot more powerful than their Xbox, with the PC version running on a higher end rig. Their build of the core engine will also be better optimised as New Haven is due out shortly on a new build of the engine.

I respect you as a member of the community, however your knowledge of the console side of the industry appears to be a bit cloudy and misinformed.

Xbox development will be quite a way behind the PC version due to the Microsoft certification process that DTG have to go through to release versions. It takes months to get patches through Microsoft approval processes, unless you throw money to push it through quickly. Matt P popped into a stream I was helping on on Saturday evening, and stated that there are things that have been added to the PC version, that they couldn't get into the Xbox version due to the certification process, if they had held off and added them, the game would have been pushed back considerably.

You are making a direct comparison between PC build number 40 and Xbox build number 40, stating there were no passengers etc in the PC version at this point, I'm not stating that they are going to be exactly the same, however the Xbox will be behind the PC at present, and I would expect the build numbers to close up over the coming months.. While I was the one that pointed it out, I'm basing my knowledge on being involved in console QA for other multi platform games, having knowledge of the MS processes. I am pretty sure that as we get further along in the development of TSW on Xbox One, we will see some massive jumps in build numbers on the Xbox to better align with the PC version, as my understanding that it was going to built using the Universal Windows Platform, that allows the Xbox One and Windows 10 version to be the "same" build.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  14. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

And that’s exactly what I mean about confirmation bias... I trust Matt enough to know that he would definitely be accurate when saying that XBONE missed out on a few things, but stressing the build number as evidence to that is just silly. You could just leave it at “Matt said so” and your point is just as valid.

Now, if/when XBONE and Win10 do get to the UWP point, yeah, same build numbers should be expected.
    That doesn’t change the fact that right now the XBONE build 40 just means XBONE has been recompiled 40 times-which could mean anything. In theory, it could even be a more advanced version than the current (public) PC release, so I’m not sure why the build 40 is evidence that XBONE is behind PC.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Speedisavior

Speedisavior New Member

I’m on the one X and have had no surreal problems with performance. Nothing that isn’t completely manageable through a patch at the least like the horns being bugged. But by no means is the game unplayable in any instance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SpinningDisk

SpinningDisk New Member

Long as it’s not a $7,000.00 investment and still looks like crap.

17. Pets0undz1966

Pets0undz1966 New Member

I have no doubt it'll get better. Heck, if there was a 2018 Season Pass for purchase for only vaguely specified routes and delivery date, I'd buy it in a heartbeat to do my part and make sure it's financially viable on Xbox (I have no gaming PC). I think we all want it to be better. It's in that spirit that comments and criticisms are offered. Right now, I'd have a hard time recommending it to friends who aren't hardcore railfans willing to deal with growing pains. It lacks the graphical "wow" factor I'd hoped for. It's certainly hard for niche titles in this environment where gamers are expecting games to look like Forza Horizon. TSW doesn't have the fan base or budget of a Forza title; how to communicate this to the customer is a really hard problem.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

As stands, the game gets a 6/10 from me. If its gets patched and the bugs are fixed, then I would rate it a 7. For me, scoring a 7 from me is a fair effort considering Dovetail are not working with the budget of EA or Ubisoft etc. If the promise of DLC addditions arrive later in the year, the game will then go to a 8/10. In my opinion, it then becomes not just a good game, but a really good game.

• Like Like x 1