Another Layer For Southeastern High Speed?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shaun123, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

This question is for Matt/Sam etc

Is it possible to include the HKA aggregate wagons from Great Western Express in Southeastern High Speed as a layer? Or is it not possible because of the age of that route?

I’m thinking it would be a good addition for aggregate services that run between Hoo Junction or coming off Springhead Junction and then leave the route at Strood to go on the Medway Valley Line.

Here’s some examples of such services:

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H76164/2021-04-05/detailed

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H07975/2021-04-05/detailed

Is this possible at all?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

Sounds Good, more services the merrier, all it is is a few more services and then some more wagons.

3. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

The Allington-Whatley flow usually uses JHA/IIAs, and the Angerstein Wharf-Grain flow works with JNA-T boxes. The JNA-As already in use are much more accurate for both services, I don't see the point of adding another requirement that would just be unrealistic.

4. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

I didn’t even realise that in the additional freight services that are coming, in probably the above services already mentioned!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I don't think HKA's are route cleared through some parts of Kent. I know that when my company had coal wagons converted for aggregates (by cutting and welding them), they weren't authorised to go to Hoo Junction for ages, if at all. I'm pretty sure the Network Rail auto ballasters aren't authorised to those parts either.