Two Questions On Sehs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by junior hornet, Feb 4, 2021.

1. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I took a ride as a passenger on the 395 this morning to have a look at the scenery (at least what wasn’t in tunnel) and I noticed that when using the external camera, the train made a really loud whiny scraping sound the whole way (including both overhead and third rail sections). Is this normal? Is this the realistic engine sounds that people were clamouring for or is this what is likely to be fixed in the patch?

Secondly, in the streams, Matt made a big point of flying forward at Gillingham to watch the level crossing barriers come down. However, when I tried this, the camera wouldn’t even get as far as the end of the platform, let alone to the level crossing. How do I do this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

To answer question 2, Matt's using a PC/keyboard, in order to do this using a controller, settings need to be changed from 'immersion' to ' classic' in the controller settings.

Cant answer number 1, as I havent played it long enough yet to answer

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. junior hornet

Ah. I’ll try this then. Thanks.

4. junior hornet

Can anyone who is familiar with the sound of the Class 395 please throw any light on my first question. Is the sound accurate or is it one of the fixes in the pipeline? Personally, I think it sounds horrible but if it is the correct sound then, yes, it should be there.

5. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's a bit like the 375 - it sounds like the real thing but there are some key differences, although it might just be because of the mixing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. junior hornet

Thanks. Maybe I’ll stay in the cab when driving and create an “off the rails” scenario with a different train for sightseeing. ;)

7. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

I just went on foot to the level crossing and happily can say it worked like a charm while I waited for 4 trains to pass. This line is super busy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. junior hornet

Yes, I went walkies too. I only thought of that after my original post. I’ve still to try the classic controls on it. Personally I prefer these anyway as you have more control over cameras and door opening/closing.

9. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Is there a 3rd rail from London to Ebbsfleet?
    Or can you only use the Javelin on this section?

10. Class395

Class395 Active Member

There is no third rail as it is part of the Channel Tunnel Rail Link. If you put in off the rails mode in scenario designer you can drive any train on that section.

11. junior hornet

Now that’s weird. I did the 395 tutorial and the horrible loud whiny noise is not there. It sounds how I would expect a train to sound (I don’t know exactly what the Javelin is supposed to sound like - I’ve only been on one once back in 2012). Same when I drove a service. However, when I went back to passenger mode and used external camera, it was back so it seems to only be a problem when you are a passenger.

In a way, that’s good to know as I couldn’t believe the makers of the Javelin would make a train that made such a horrible noise.