65 Out Of 339 Services Missing (timetable)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by 410nick, Mar 12, 2018.

1. 410nick

410nick Member

Ive noticed some instances where I would look at my timetable to see which train I want to ride or engineer. Example the 2G26 is set to depart from Paddington to West Ealing around 1742. The train never arrived and there was also a train on platform 12 or 13 that wasn't even on the schedule that departed 10 minutes later. There were quite a few occasions where I didn't even see a DTG approved scheduled service arrive. And on some occasions if the train does show up, it happens to sit idle for minutes on end even after its scheduled departure. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  2. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

None of the 2Gxx services appear for me in the service selector either?

• Like Like x 1
  3. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Those are all the services that go to Greenford when on PC. I wonder why those...

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Was gonna drive these services tonight on stream... Guess I'm going to have to rethink this.... Have you tried waiting at Ealing Broadway to see if they come in?

5. pschlik

Might make more sense to try waiting at West Ealing-only those services stop at West Ealing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Just stood at West Ealing, the 06:25 did not arrive, the game is definitely running the timetable, as 2 HST's have passed through as per the timetable, so not sure what's happened here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pschlik

Looked into this myself, simply comparing service counts here...

As it turns out, there are services missing...a LOT of services missing; 65 of the 339!

PC:
    13 Class 66
    229 Class 166
    97 Class 43

XBONE:
    13 Class 66 [no surprise that all 13 are there]
    166 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Class 166 [that is 63 missing services yikes!]
    95 Class 43 [only 2 missing could be an accident in the setup]

(And I thought those complaining about the lack of trains were crazy-when I play, I see plenty of trains myself...but that's PC...and I assumed the services were the same on XBONE.)

8. Jstlufc

Jstlufc New Member

Even trains booked to arrive, and in the simulator, don't. Starting Slough 1615, a non stop HST 1C88 stops in the platform and never moves again and 1N40 comes to a stand a mile or two to the East of Slough and never moves again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. 410nick

410nick Member

Thanks man and you have an excellent eye. I thought I was bugging. More than likely I hope this is an issue that can be patched. I'll have to submit a ticket to DTG and hopefully things will get smoothed out.

10. 410nick

410nick Member

Thanks I knew it was a bit less activity than I thought it was. I'm sending DTG a ticket and hopefully this can be fixed whenever they decide to give the next patch.

11. pschlik

Now if this is intended as part of the XBONE stress reduction (would not surprise me if reducing train counts helps performance) it would help to have an updated timetable without all the extra services that PC has.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The only issue with the removal or bug with the 2G** series of trains, is that there is no way of getting to Acton Yard without spawning there. No trains stop at Acton Mainline apart from these small shuttles....

13. 410nick

410nick Member

That sucks. Sometimes I don't like traveling a half hour or an hour across the map. I actually was looking forward to those shuttle routes...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are good little learning routes to be honest. Short and sweet and they run every 30 minutes backwards and forwards, so would make a great fun little scenario.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread now. I was waiting for those trains, thought I was missing something :)