PC Sehs - Tricky Tunnels Scenario

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by JayTG123, Feb 6, 2021.

1. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Hi all,

I really cant work this one out so I am hopeful someone can assist. I have attempted the SEHS "Tricky Tunnels" Scenario 5 times now and the same problem occurs... as soon as I depart Ebbsfleet I receive a red signal on the TVM so I come to a complete stop to the point the 6 car 395 is not on Ebbsfleet platform at all. 60-120 seconds later the TVM gives me a proceed with a 80kph limit... as soon as I release the breaks and start to accelerate it goes into emergency breaking at around the 5kph mark. I cancel the emergency breaks and cancel the alarms, try to proceed again but same problem occurs. Am I doing something wrong? I have had no previous issues - just this scenario!!

2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yeah it's popped up a few times on the boards, disable all safety systems while going on to the down line, and reenable them when clear.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Cheers for the reply Bryer I presume this is a bug then?

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

It's looking that way. The emergency brake triggers at 3.5kph, so you can't even creep along at that speed to avoid it going off. Unless there is something else you need to do.

Hopefully they can get this resolved in the patch for next week, as it's a pain in the backside.

Only way I've found I've been able to complete the scenario is to disable safety systems through the signal and then reenable once past it.

Would be interested to know if you get a penalty brake application going from the 80 to 60 on the entry to St Pancras as well with the safety systems on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

How do things like this get through with all the beta testers? Can I become a beta tester DTG, please? I have strong attention to detail!

• Like Like x 1
  6. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

i didn't even start to accelerate. As soon as the TVM gave me the 80 instruction alarm went off.

7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I had this issue as well, only thing that helped was turning everything off, passing the board and then turning it back on. I have no clue what is causing this, I mean even you are approaching towards a red it should not emergency brake in this way :(

8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this problem could come from KVB. There have been players reporting issues with Emergency braking when they start timetable services. I experienced that today myself with the 1F43 from Faversham. I notice that the KVB display is showing me things, which I don't remember from other runs. It should not be active at Faversham, but it looks like it is and it might be whats causing the issue.

9. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I noticed this earlier, but with reguards to the bug at the Faversham signal after completing its self test the KVB display remains illuminated so I tested once with KVB off and TPWS on and emerhency breaks were applied but with KVB on and TPWS off it works fine so KVB doesn't appear to be causing the issues at Faversham so I'm guessing this is a cosmetic bug with the KVB display. But with regards to the bug mentioned in this thread I can't really say as I haven't tried this scenario yet.

10. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Glad its not just me then lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Geth_2234

my thoughts exactly I don’t know how DTG haven’t come across this during testing, they definitely need a better QA and beta testing team. Considering the poor quality of WCML south for TS20xx when it was released it appears lessons still have not been learnt. Now come on DTG this was easy to spot :|

12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Depends when it actually broke in the development process. Considering the late changes to the route, it could have popped up after the testers tested the scenarios. These things happen from time to time, especially when routes are altered at the last minute.

13. Geth_2234

That is a fair point there. I forgot about the last minuite alterations I rest my case.