Class 166 Sound

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by settle&carlisle77, Feb 2, 2021.

1. settle&carlisle77

settle&carlisle77 New Member

Afternoon everybody. Just recently got Train Sim World 1 & 2 Collectors Editions for Xbox One. Rather impressed so far however having an issue with the sound of the Class 166, or rather the lack of in the cab. I've never been in the cab for real but I'd imagine it isn't soundproofed to the extent that the game simulates. Is there a fix for this issue by any chance? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Best regards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It is a little quiet but there's no windows to open so sadly not.

3. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Are you driving the 166 in TSW 2 or TSW 2020? As the cab is much louder when driving the 166 in TSW 2, since the sounds have been fixed, compared to what it was like in 2020. If you're using TSW 2020, then I'd recommend downloading those routes into TSW 2 so you have the latest updates and fixes.

4. settle&carlisle77

settle&carlisle77 New Member

Hello and thank you for your advice. Yes it was in TSW2020. I'll download into TSW2 later on. Thanks again. Best regards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dylan Carr

Dylan Carr New Member

no I have never come across this

6. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

The audio of the class 166 in TSW2020 wasn't great. It was very quiet in the front and rear cars, and very loud in the central car.

In TSW2, DTG rebalanced the audio of the 166 and they really did outdo themselves. It's night and day. The engine roar is balanced throughout the whole train and sounds pretty much the same as in real life :)

7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Gotta love the sound of those turbo diesel engines. That engine was the sound of my teens and early 20's when I travelled a lot by train to uni and back home.

• Like Like x 1