PC Ac4400cw Horn Works For 5-10 Minutes Then It Is Silent (each Time)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by voltajtepes#7278, Feb 5, 2021.

1. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

Hi,
    I just bought TSW 2, Vanilla game from Steam. The GP-38 and SD-40 work and sound great.
    However, I just started driving the AC400CW and each time a launch a new mission, the horn works for a short while, then just goes silent. Bell works fine. Horn button clicks.
    During one mission, the sound suddenly came back for a few blasts, then went away again.
    All settings are default except I tired changing some of the audio settings like "windows focus" etc.. Nothing really helps. Otherwise this game is fantastic!
    If I save and re-load then the sound is back, temporarily.
    Any ideas?

Jeff

2. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

This is a weird issue as once and while the sound comes back for a few blasts, then goes away. Is there any way to reset sounds while in the game or somehow see why on particular sound is not functioning?

3. james#6343

james#6343 Member

This is a known issue that has been posted multiple times, including one by Yours Truly. So the team are well aware of this, as well as many other bugs on SPG. Unfortunately they probably won’t be spending much, if any, more time on fixing the route unless a bug develops that is “game breaking.” Meaning that the horn issue will not be addressed unless the team are already working on a bigger issue with the route.

keep in mind that this is the OG TSW route that came with the original game and has been updated and upgraded many times in the past. The team will probably get to it when they are working on another American route in the future, but as of right now, especially with it not being mentioned on the roadmap, I would assume this is very low on their priorities.

hope this helped!

4. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Happens to all the SPG locos, in different ways, at different locations. Never know when and where it's going to happen the next time. Such a shame. Now every time I use the horn, I almost expect it to stop working. Also, instrument lighting, wipers, can all of a sudden stop working too on SPG.

5. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

Thanks guys, I understand. Shame on me for not doing my research. I assumed that purchasing the latest version would have the best chance of the least amount of bugs. I actually like the content of TSW2021... but this is all confusing to me anyway.. lol..
    so.. REALLY funny thing happened today, quite hilarious. I'm driving the full route (penultimate mission in the 31 journeys)... so as usual the horn stops working in the train, however.. lololol every so often (at most intersections, and just some random places in the woods) as I pass by I hear a train horn but it sounds like someone is standing at the intersection blasting the horn, so I hear it fade in, as I pass, it's loud, then it fades away lol!! So I took the #8 view and moved to that spot and there is a constant train horn blaring away. If I turn left/right or move, the sound changes.. it was bizarre!
    Anyway, I won't beat this dead horse anymore. If it's a known issue then no sense in bringing it up in the bug report. The game is fun but this sort of breaks some of the immersion for me... so we'll see. Thanks again for the responses!

• Like Like x 1
  6. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Yep, the horn getting off the train and getting stuck in random locations is another DTG "feature". Weird thing, though, is that if you keep driving after it fades out, it will then start fading in again, then out, several times during a journey.

7. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

lol yes I noticed this as well as at some point my horn started working again... for a short while lol.
    I did not have this problem with the GP38 or SD40, only the big monster.

8. topcat1077

topcat1077 New Member

voltajtepes#7278. There are a couple of (really sad) temporary remedies for the horn issue. #1 is to save the scenario, leave, and come right back to the saved scenario, while this works, you may find, as I have, that your destination checkpoints are missing from your screen.....which means one thing.........you can not complete the scenario because you now have no final destination! #2, and the one I use, is to click on free roam camera (8), and fly towards the rear of your train until train sounds are gone, then click on 1st person camera (1) to place you back in engineers seat, horn will now function, but be advised, it's going to occur again, when, and how often, who knows! For now, it's all there is for any kind of a fix, that I'm aware of, until (IF EVER) they fix it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. voltajtepes#7278

voltajtepes#7278 Member

Thanks topcat I will try that next time. I just ran a 3 hour scenario in the GP38 and had no issues. For me it's only that big beast.

• Like Like x 1