Timetable: Randomized Weather Option?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by solicitr, Feb 7, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In Timetable mode (as well as pedestrian), you can choose your weather. This is nice; it creates a lot of variety.

OTOH, it frequently doesn't seem worth the bother and so you (or at least I) wind up running the majority of services in Spring Clear just to get on with it....

But what if DTG added a "random weather" button? A bog-standard randomizer, as we have seen in a hundred RPG character creators; just click it and some random combination of season/clouds/precipitation/etcetera is generated, and off we go (naturally, I wouldn't remove the manual sliders for when specific conditions are wanted)

• Like Like x 6
  2. gregorby

gregorby New Member

To be honest: I use the journey mode for this purpose, threr are diffrent weather conditions included and you don't know what you will get. Or I try to rebuild the weather that is happening outside in real life.
    Still an interesting Idea, but I do not think it has a big demand.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I think there's a fair few calls for "randomized..." insert weather, break downs etc here
    Of course DTG CAN do this, but I think it would have to be an option to toggle on or off, mainly because it alters the dispatcher criteria and possibly scenario or service length. If someone's expecting a 25 minute drive and due to heavy snow or a breakdown it turns into a 45 minute drive that might get some people's goats.
    Of course in real life drivers just have to deal with, but in game the option may be better than not

4. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

maybe DTG will do this when they add dynamic weather to services so you can have an random pattern