Southeastern Approach Control Signalling?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fakenham, Feb 6, 2021.

1. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm really enjoying the route, a great effort from DTG.

Just wondering if anyone has come across approach control as yet in SEHS? Matt mentioned that there are flashing yellows in this route. I haven't played enough yet to find out, however, unfortunately there wasn't any ( I may be wrong on this) approach control from an 80 to 15mph turnout when playing the freight timetable movement. All I had was double yellow to a single yellow with feather. I've a feeling in real life it would be a release from red for such a reduction in speed (i.e you pass over the magnet or speed sensors and the signal would change from red to proceed. )
    I also see the same issue approaching the bay platform 0 at Rainham, 80 to 25mph with only double yellow, then single yellow to the bay. Surely the pattern should be double yellow, single yellow and then single yellow to the bay, if clear.
    A little bit disappointed about that one if it's the case that it hasn't been simulated. The signals do look superb though, really impressed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. fakenham

Replying to myself here, apologies, but from the silence I presume no one has come across the signals with the flashing yellow aspects as yet? If not, maybe this thread should be moved to the tech issues forum as perhaps the signals are not working as intended.

3. Djb1990

Djb1990 Active Member

I have seen some flashing yellows. Can't remember 100% but I think it was on a 375 service from faversham to Rochester. There's a station where there a 4 lines with the 2 mainlines in the middle and the 2 platforms on the outside lines. I think it's newington, but I might be wrong. Basically you have to slow to 40 as you change onto the outside line approaching the station and there were several flashing yellows in the mile or so approaching the station.

I'll have another go when I get chance, to check the details, but I have definitely seen flashing yellows a few times, but only in this one location

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. fakenham

Brilliant, that's great to know. Yes it makes sense to have those for a 40mph turnout. I'll have a look.

Thanks for your reply, and nice one DTG for putting these in. All we need now is approach control from a red for the very slow speed junctions, that would be the icing on the cake.

• Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

That´s it. You should only see them when you have a diverging route. At least that´s how it works in the other routes.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. fakenham

Just tested on the 1P24 service, and there they are, working well for the 40mph turnout. So I believe it's the first time in any TSW UK route that we have those signals. I'm really impressed with the sheer variety and look of the signals, they really are top notch.
    Maybe as a patch, if there is no release from red modelled as yet, the signalling team could patch the slower speed juctions (i.e 80 to 25 or 15mph for example) with the flasing yellows? I know it's not prototypical but at least it would give us a better warning of the upcoming slow speed divergence.
    Great job with the route as a whole, very impressed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yep, I've just come across the 2 flashing amber lights about 2.1 miles from Newington (heading from Faversham) on PS4 driving a class 375 (1P14 07:43 service).