PlayStation Ps4 Dualshock 4 Controller - Press Any Button - Not Fixed?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cottonmouth, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi Guys, Have they still not fixed the DS4 controller setting when you first start up TSW2 ? I get the PRESS ANY BUTTON appear on screen but not one button seems to let me carry on to next screen. Well it does after some playing around the either the symbol buttons or D pad etc.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes, it takes a while for the game to respond when the mastery screen is displayed (it's the same on PS5 too).

• Like Like x 1
  3. mshor31293

mshor31293 Active Member

It's so annoying feels like you have to mash buttons to get it to respond.

4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Something else DTG appear to be ignoring.

5. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

This is the same on Xbox still (but not on pc). Supposedly has been fixed according to the roadmap, but obviously hasn't.

6. liamwoods15

liamwoods15 New Member

I’ve found if you press R2 and L2 alternatively that it skips forward to the mastery screen

7. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

No change, unbelievable really how something so basic has not been fixed. Sets the tone when you first try to load the game, that this is an unfinished piece of work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I usually rotate R3 a few times to get through. Unfortunately the mastery screen has slowed this down with an extra press of the circle button, but it seems faster than button mashing.

9. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I find that if I wait around 30 seconds after the screen appears, I can get past the screen with a single press of any button. I think it might be a case of the game is still loading and isn't yet responsive, rather than certain buttons not working at all.

I could be wrong of course :)

10. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Annoys me every time I start the game. Press any button, and then the tube depot shows up and I'm like wth I just pressed any button

11. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi, Same here, keep pressing a button to go to next stage, and bugger me when I press it registers the top route on my list which I think is that default American thing. Wait for it to load and back to the menu to select my route.
    I agree with SBos "Something else DTG appear to be ignoring." even after they said it had been sorted

12. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

They said it had been sorted? Blijey, brings a new meaning to releasing something without being tested

13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It depends on what time of day you are playing. At certain times, you can press a button and get through straight away. At other times, you have to wait before pressing a button will take effect. It doesn’t matter how many times you try, the game won’t accept a button press until it’s ready, and you have no idea how long that’s going to be. I think it is entirely dependent on how many people are playing simultaneously, judging from the times of day when it’s easier. It can be very frustrating.