Locking Liveries In Editor?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cyklisten, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

So, It was my first attempt to use the livery editor, just trying and playing, began with Class 66 and TGOJ T66 livery. Then I realised that it will take much longer than expected, it's not that easy to get everything right. Unfortunately this unfinished livery is popping out everywhere. All locos at Hoo Junction are bright green. I would like to keep the standard livery when driving routes and just use my own stuff when I want to do so. Is there any way to stop TSW from using these half-baked projects so I can still keep my work in the editor?

• Like Like x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not at present in-game. However, the freeware Livery Manager app will allow you to export your project to a separate file, then delete it from the game; you can put it back in when you want to work on it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I've asked for this previously, a simple tick box in the livery editor that could be used to indicate whether the player wanted to see the livery in other services can't be that hard to implement

As Sam has stated before on the live streams, both the livery and scenario editors are version 1.0 and if I've understood correctly version 2's are not yet being worked, so I suppose we are stuck with what we currently have for the moment

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know about that freeware tool (I will give it a try) as I wasn't very interested in making my own liveries until now. The only solution by now, but still better than nothing. Thanks!

5. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

Is there a way after you've imported someone else's livery to change the name of the livery? I'd like to re-name some of them to be more in-line with the default naming used by the base rolling stock.

Also, the 377 repaints from TSC slot themselves in ahead of the default Southern scheme, making the menu choice bar at the bottom look really wonky (specifically, the Thameslink livery I added). It's just a blank image with the wrench...