Class 66 Refuses To Move After Stopping

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by D J JAMY, Mar 10, 2018.

1. D J JAMY

D J JAMY New Member

Hi
    During the scenario Drag line I ran into a bug, after leaving the platform and heading to the junction to turn around at signal T1685 I can't move. I've tried everything but she won't budge, the brakes are off master key is on reverser set to forward and throttle to 8 but sod all. I tried the other side of the loco but it's dead as a door nail. Help!

Also I've followed the prompts and same thing

2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Is automatic brake released? You press and hold the brake release button
    Is direct brake also released?
    Is engine started? Perhaps you turned it off.
    Have you acknowledged the Aws after changing master key positions? You may have adjusted reverser and master key a few times when you tried to get it moving

3. D J JAMY

D J JAMY New Member

I'll give it another go, but I think I've gone through start up steps before.
    Ooh also both brakes are released and no revs just idling

4. Trainmania100

Which scenario is that on? Sometimes amps do take a while to build

5. D J JAMY

D J JAMY New Member

It's on drag line, I did get past this part yesterday but ran head first into the waiting high speed and went to bed, tried again this morning and pow stuck!

6. Trainmania100

I'll try it later and see if I can get through it

7. Robindegrote

Robindegrote New Member

I honestly believe this is a bug.. Had it several times. I drove on with the back end of the hst....

8. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Is this issue occurring before or after you couple to the HST?

9. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

Hi i have had the exact same issue in two places 1st after hooking up to the hst 2nd when having to reverse the hst to the depot .....

10. D J JAMY

D J JAMY New Member

Well before

11. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

hi after coupled to the hst

12. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Well, one thing I have discovered during that scenario (I had that same problem) that the controls switch my brakes to Direct when I got back on the class 66

13. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

Yeah, so the Class 66 has two brakes; an Automatic Brake and a Direct Brake. After you couple to the HST you need to make sure the Direct Brake in each cab is set to release. Releasing in one cab does not release it in the other, unlike the Automatic Brake.

In your case, I believe the scenario instructions are going to get you to switch cabs once you reach the junction. Before you leave the cab just check to see if the Direct Brake is set to release.

14. D J JAMY

D J JAMY New Member

I'll check again but I swear the direct brake is also off I've spent ages running from cab to cab checking every damn control I can find, sometimes I can't even start the loco from the alternative cab and I'm left stuck in the same place engine not even idling. It's almost like the game thinks I've got to the end of the run and locked me out

15. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

You're not switching the engine off when you get to the junction?

16. 71rail

71rail New Member

I did that scenario well yesterday. No bugs

17. Goldenshrimpy

Goldenshrimpy New Member

I had this on the snow one with the 166 and all was fine till i had to swap to the other engine just couldn't get it moving

18. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

tried again tonight hooked up hst when i went back to the 66 the engine was off and would not restart so saved game and reloaded ... it loaded with engine on however the brakes would not discharge needle just stayed at 4 ... increasing throttle no change in engine noise

19. 71rail

71rail New Member

Press X button and check direct brakes, then check parking brakes and master key, reverser

20. Cheyney1874

Cheyney1874 New Member

I found I had hit down on the d pad and applied the emergency brake without realising

21. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

It's funny that; I was trying out an Xbox 360 controller on my PC for the sake of curiosity and did the exact same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

yep i tried all the brakes key unlocked and in forward its just locked up

23. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

yep checked them they where off

24. ricardo2010

ricardo2010 New Member

yep checked that

25. Trainmania100

Might have another go at this scenario to try to figure out what the issue is, as I did this first time round no problems
    Must be an issue with the brakes or reverser

26. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Down on the D Pad must be a bit easy to hit: Even Matt hit it while driving the 166 on the DTG stream. Looked like a TPWS stop, but he didn't turn on TPWS :P

27. melfa

melfa New Member

It's a bit late, but i just got this glitch too. Solved by go to other cabin and leave direct brake handle in released position. Than go to front cabin and release direct brake handle, you will see pressure changed.

28. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Hi all...

I've just come back to train sim after a few years out due to the fact I became very disheartened when my computer could no longer run the game satisfactorily...

Since then a little boy has come along & we now have an xbox... having gotten the founders edition for fathers day it has brought me back into the train sim world!!!

I dabbled about with a few scenarios but the first scenario I played seriously was Drag Line... To the veterans out there, has anyone had any of the following problems...???

1. Having difficulty in obtaining permission to pass the signal T1685 at danger. It must have taken me 15-20 attempts to get the xbox controller to respond & even then it was only by chance...

2. Is / has anyone got the consist to go faster than 35mph??? I even pulled up at a station & checked that the parking brakes were released in both cabs of the HST... Even after doing this I STILL couldn't attain more than 35mph even in NOTCH 8...!!!

3. Vanishing track... In various places the track VANISHES but the train still carries on as if it's still there...

4. Horn(s) not working or if so, extremely quietly in the cab. I read an article that drivers said that a class 66's horns would deafen you in the cab...

It's early days for me on the xbox, so just my pennies worth for what it's worth but I'd be interested to hear of anyone else's comments / experiences???

Eric

29. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Hey,

1) The Controller itself should respond to the inputs you make everytime. If it isnt it might be a Controller issue. For requesting to pass you need to be very close to the signal. If you´re just a bit too far away you can request 10 times without any effect.

2) Make sure the automatic brake is fully released, because the train should go faster than 35 mph. Is this a general problem you saw or just in the specific Scenario you mentioned?

3) This happens sometimes. The game cant load the segment fast enough and it glitches. This hopefully got fixed when the fullgame (along with a patch) drops on July24th.

4) That is a known issue and should also be adressed in the upcoming release

30. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Okay, now I'm curious: is this a TSW scenario and, if so, for which route? The title sounds somewhat familiar, but I can't recall whether I completed it. Thanks.

31. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I had a similar issue on the HST until I found the handbrake button.. there's the main brake lever then theres a couple of buttons on the dash..

32. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

Thanks for your suggestions guys... I'll give it another shot when I get chance...

Eric

33. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its a Great Western Express Scenario where you need to need to pull a broken HST out of the Station with a Class 66.
    Its actually a pretty nice scenario, i wish we see more of those longer ones on future roads.

34. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. I did run that when GWE first became available and had the same thoughts about it, but no problems running it. Although I'm not usually a fan of rescue scenarios, I recall enjoying this one because it introduced me to some new procedures that, unfortunately, DTG has never used again.

35. ckillham85

ckillham85 New Member

I had a similar problem. After attaching to the HST, and following the prompts, the train would not move despite the engine revving up. After several tries I made sure the breaks, both automating and direct, in all the cabs were released. Then while holding the automatic break in the released position simultaneously begin accelerating. By notch 3 the speedometer should start climbing.