(mod) Wip Sehs Route Enhancements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Feb 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I thought I'd share some of the visual enhancements I've been making for SEHS. This is still work in progress and I will be adding more. This mod will be compiled into one big mod, instead of lots of small individual mods, to save complexity.

Let me know what you think and what else you want adding to the route. Thanks!

*Due to weird lighting issues caused by some texture changes, I've had to remove some items, such as the ballast changes and the 377 cab changes.***

Apologies for any inconvenience

You can download the revised version from here

TSW2_Josh_1612708739_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1612708953_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1612709051_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1612709080_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1612709111_00.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 43
  2. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

Looking good so far, very good!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Very nice londonmidland ... I have a couple of suggestions if you dont mind. Hopefully they are possible? Please politely tell me to go away if not lol.

Could you possibly add the white platform numbering on the metal columns at London St Pancras? (As per screenshot below)

Would it also be possible to add the platform depute boards that were never used? (Also at London St Pancras and in the screenshot below - above the platform numbering steel columns)

Can the passenger gates red X or Green colouring / brightness be increased at London St Pancras - haven't checked other stations yet but I would imagine they are the same - they are currently barely even visible.

Also doesn't appear to be any ticket machines? Haven't been to St Pancras in a while for obvious reasons but I dont know if they can be added?

Could the old Rochester platforms be weathered a little, maybe some shrubbery be added? Currently looks way to clean.

If I think of any more Il let you know - keep up the good work my man!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  4. londonmidland

JayTG123 Hi, thanks for the suggestions. Assets can’t be added, removed or replaced, only its texturing can be replaced. I’ll try to do the best I can with the things you suggested.

5. JayTG123

JayTG123 Active Member

Hi, londonmidland ahhh okay! My bad - I had no idea lol... thank you for letting me know, il bear this in mind when providing further suggestions.

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I do like the look of the map you made and as a person who likes to collect collectables, I wonder why dtg can't add the proper real life route map like the Southeastern Network Map. If DTG have the Southeastern license then surely that is possible. Having a white texture with a blue line doesn't look appealing.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The fence mod...

• Like Like x 1
  8. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Just a small one, but one ever present on the railway sadly - Samaritans posters :)

Im going to guess you can also change the billboards? maybe some real movie adverts or something more real?

9. londonmidland

Hi, I've done a small Samaritans poster here and I'm going to update the bigger posters too, thanks.

TSW2_Josh_1612741859_00.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  10. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Could I suggest a compiled version of the mods like you say but also the option of adding them individually in case people don’t want certain ones for whatever reason?

11. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Will this include rework of the high-speed section fences? There has already been a mod replacing the fences and I wonder if that and your mod will collide.
    Also seeing the ECW freight wagons in the first picture, will their livery be changed for all routes or only on this one?

12. londonmidland

The fence mod and this mod shouldn’t collide, and I think it changes the look of the wagons on both routes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. londonmidland

For now I’m doing it all as one mod, however I could make individual mods if they get requested to me.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I really wish we could use these on console.

15. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Excellent work, DTG should take note and be thankful paying customers are making the route look better.

• Like Like x 3
  16. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’m sure they’d like to add these things in too but they are all licensed as they have brands on so they cannot.

You PC players are fortunate to have such talented individuals.

• Like Like x 2
  17. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

There’s nothing stopping them adding fake names, just makes things look a bit more lifelike.

• Like Like x 1
  18. a.paice

Even using the same colour and shape combination to make it look vaguely like a real life brand can get you into hot water.- I imagine they don’t wanna take any chances and you cannot blame them for that.

19. hightower

hightower Guest

Can it? I’m not so sure. If that were the case ALDI would be long gone! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. a.paice

Haha it depends on the company- The ones that come to mind in 2012 when the olympics came to London, they sued a guy with a cafe called the ‘Olympic Cafe’.

A Sikh run corner shop called ‘Sihngsbury’s’ was also targeted by Sainsbury’s.

It is mostly high end fashion brands that are most guilty- Supreme, the one with the red rectangle tries to go after pretty much anything with a red rectangle and white text in the same font.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the same font and a similar name, if they wanted to they would. I guess they don't want to or just don't have time.

It just goes to show you what could be achieved if given the time and effort. Then again does it take long, I forgot who it was who knocked together that much better fence for the SEHS section. It looked way better than the dross DTG served us.

22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

If you do this, can you please apply a little rust and weathering to the fences? These blue ones look to new. Would be nice for other routes as well ...

23. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

I’m assuming your unable to change the horrid/non existent textures on the OFF Indicators? If so that would great, although I can’t tell if they work or not

24. londonmidland

From the images I’ve seen, they’ve stupidly carved the word ‘OFF’ into a metal material instead of a simple dot matrix display so I can’t do anything about that unfortunately.

• Like Like x 3
  25. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

But wouldn't that make the fences look copied, since every segment would have the same rust pattern on it? A repeating pattern of that sort would be off-putting in my opinion. In that case I'd prefer them looking new...

• Like Like x 2
  26. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

It should be done carefully of course, but if it is a fine pattern you will not see it. A bit dusty and a bit brown patina or something like that....

27. londonmidland

I made this intentional to be clean looking as these fences have been repainted in real life quite recently if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  28. londonmidland

Some signal material fixes - before and after.

As you can see the default has an issue of seeing a metal like material inside the signal lens which made it look off. Particularly when the sun was shining on it. I have fixed this issue as seen below.

20210209220514_1.jpg 20210209224642_1.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  29. Jalio

Jalio Active Member

Looking really good. Really appreciate your efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this is within the realms of what we can do. Block out the windows on the white building, currently sat in the ballast on exit from St Pancras?

31. londonmidland

Some more enhancements...

upload_2021-2-10_15-18-55.png upload_2021-2-10_15-19-9.png upload_2021-2-10_15-19-22.png
    upload_2021-2-10_15-18-40.png

• Like Like x 17
  32. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just thought of one. Someone mentioned on another thread. Yellow box junction road markings on level crossings?

33. londonmidland

Unfortunately level crossings don't have their own asset. They just share the same road texture. Also, level crossings are placed really wonky, for whatever reason, so it wouldn't look right even if I could do it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

I can't find the download on any of the mod sites, please help.

35. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

google
    trainsimcommunity

• Like Like x 1
  36. hightower

hightower Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2021
  37. londonmidland

Nope, I haven’t released anything yet, as I’m still adding small things nearly everyday.

• Like Like x 3
  38. londonmidland

Another upgrade - 375 headlight and marker light improvements. Headlight has a brand new texture and colour. It’s no longer a basic yellow circle as it previously had by default. The LED marker lights are also brighter as well as having a ‘cold blue’ look to them.

So there’s a real distinction between the headlight and marker light, as previously they were both the same colour. C36FA954-A37F-4459-A838-526F6BEC1329.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  39. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Fantastic. The little details make all the difference LM.
    Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  40. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Excellent work, much appreciated.

One thing that still irks me is the font for the speed signs. I still haven't explored TSW2 reskinning myself (lack of time at the mo) but do you think it's possible to reskin the speed board digits in a more realistic font as seen on the real UK railways? Or even a thinner font, the one used is too bold imo. I've a feeling they've used a generic unreal font and therefore if you change it, it would proabably change the font for every number used in the route,such car stop markers etc. But I may be wrong.

However, they used a realistic speed board font with the Bakerloo Line, I have no idea why they couldn't do it with this route.

Thanks for your efforts, looking forward to your enhancement pack!

• Like Like x 1
  41. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m currently looking at this to see if there’s anything can be done.

42. londonmidland

Hi, this is not changeable unfortunately. DTG uses the (awful looking) UE4 default font. They used a more realistic font in the Bakerloo Line DLC, but for whatever reason, they reverted back to using the default font after that.

43. hightower

hightower Guest

Just had a good dig around, sure you’ve done the same. Surely they haven’t just made the background texture for the sign meaning they have to manually write the speed on each blank sign once it’s been placed down? It sure looks like it.

As far as I can see there is no way to change the font. I’ve found some fonts in the core .pak but changing them has no effect on the in-game signs. Ho hum.

44. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

No worries, thanks both for having a look. I had a sneaky feeling it was a generic font as it appears on the car stop signs and signal posts. Hopefully for the next UK route they can improve on this.

45. londonmidland

What they've done is made the background a texture, but the font/writing is auto-generated by the game. So there's no way of editing the font.

46. hightower

hightower Guest

Thought so. The only way to change what is auto-generated is to have access to the editor I guess?

47. londonmidland

Correct.

48. hightower

hightower Guest

Classic.

49. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

Is there any way to lighten up the texture of the ballast? It something that still bugs me.

• Like Like x 1
  50. londonmidland

Some further enhancements - headlight and marker light visual upgrades to the 395 as well as a well used and dirty looking Class 375 TMS screen.

TSW2_Josh_1613080804_00.jpg TSW2_Josh_1613080961_00.jpg

• Like Like x 13