Ice1 And Ice2 Trains

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by geloxo, Feb 6, 2021.

1. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Please include the older trains as well. German collection still needs the classics.

ICE1.jpg
    ICE2.jpg
    Cheers

• Like Like x 27
  2. calusah

calusah New Member

Yes! I hope they will come - sooner or later..

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sadly, before that happens we'll probably get IC2 trains....all DTG has to do is repaint 146/Dosto Regios white.

Just like DB.

4. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

solicitr the IC2 has Dostos from the 5th Generation

5. solicitr

Fair point- but then that means DTG can recycle Gen 5s in red for the next German route.

6. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think they might be a good fit for a Köln-Wuppertal route. It's a missing link that could, when you switch routes, allow travel from Aachen to Finnentrop (SKA - Köln-Wuppertal - RRO - RSN). As far as I know (I'm far from an expert) the ICE 1/2 runs on the Köln-Wuppertal section, and on Wuppertal-Hagen which we already have (RRO). Might make a suggestion for it, but I haven't researched if the route is actually fun. (maybe also add a NationalExpress Talent 2, if the licensing isn't any trouble to that route)

7. solicitr

The BIG missing link in the Ruhr right now is Siegen. So far two routes run Regios which are supposed to terminate at Siegen but as of now don't in TSW, they just awkwardly stop at Koln (RE 9, SKA) or Finnentrop (RE16 and RB91, RSN).

But yes, Solingen in the middle of the Koln-Wuppertal route is another significant missing link.

What I don't understand is why ICEs have not been layered into RRO, because two run that stretch regularly and three more on limited schedules.* (And when the 101 comes, it had better bloody well layer into RRO because the IC runs Hagen-Wuppertal every hour)

*Or do the ICE 10 and 31 use BR 402s?

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I remember reading a discussion on this on the forum lately, and yes the 403 (ICE 3) runs some ICE lines on RRO (albeit not extremely often, just a few trains a day, but they would be a good substitute for all services anyways). On that topic, ICE 3 services are missing from RRO and MSB too (they don't stop twice in MSB though, only at Aschaffenburg, diverging towards the high speed line toward Würzburg just befor Gemünden).

Oh and yes, the BR101 should be layered on RRO, and HMA, and all other places they fit (maybe even as AI only services through Köln, they would liven up the station a bit). I don't know if there are any IC services along RSN, but they would be fun there too as the driving is more manual and somewhat slower, and RSN is just a good route. I also don't know if there are/were (the route no longer exists irl) any IC services on MSB. If anyone knows more please tell, I might make a suggestion for those services, and the ICE services that are currently missing then. (Might wait until the BR 101 releases first though)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  9. solicitr

The Ruhr-Sieg line is not considered a main line by DB, and only runs freight and Regios. As far as I can tell DBFV doesn't use it (nor do any S-Bahns).

It appears the only IC/ICE services that stop in Aschaffenburg go straight on to Wurzburg, they don't stop within the existing TSW route (ICE to Gemunden? Not likely!) so they could only be AI trains.

• Like Like x 1