PlayStation Typical Lirr M7 Engine Sound Not Audible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

I've now started playing TSW 2 again because I wanted to take a break. I wanted to drive the LIRR M7, but When I drove off from the Station, I couldn't hear the typical loud engine sound, inside and outside of the M7. I don't know if anyone has already reported this, but it's sad that this distinctive noise from the trains can no longer be heard. I hope that will be fixed, because I want to continue playing with TSW 2 after my break and buy more DLCs in the future when the prices have reduced a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  2. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

Are you talking about the high pitched whine it makes? If so that’s still there as of a couple of days ago when I last played it. Otherwise it has never been a loud train imo like most EMUs.

3. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

For one of the scenarios, "Change At Jamaica", there are times I notice as well where the propulsion sounds of the M7 can't be heard until almost approaching Kew Gardens station. It's as if the sound is muted when leaving Jamaica. I am not sure but it appears to be a glitch or bug in TSW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainzdriver328

yeah that's what I mean, this sound that the train always makes: first from 0 to 6mphs the same pitch, then the frequency rises up to about 10 mph with a higher sound pitch, then this frequency stays like this until the rolling sound of the wheels come. I don't know how well I explained it, but that's how I hear the sound.

I don't hear the motor sound in the timetable mode too.

5. NorthSaints

NorthSaints New Member

yeah I get that too sometimes. The 6 car units seem fine, however, when I am driving an 8 car train the sound is almost non existent

6. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

M7 audio is on the roadmap and the preserved collection team is currently working on it. Info taken from the last roadmap stream :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

I either didn’t play the right combination of cars or maybe just didn’t notice when at speed.

8. Trainzdriver328

I noticed it when I drove a six-car train from Hempstead to Atlanta Terminal.

9. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This has been an issue with the sound cutting out on the m7 when it came our and it hasn't been fixed for over 4 months which is just crazy. Hopefully the next roadmap will finally have a fix for the audio issues for the m7 as it will be the first train to get audio fixes

• Like Like x 1