Sehs - Well Done Dtg

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rhysrobinson336, Feb 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

This route is well worth the buy and has become my favourite route in TSW since LGV. It combines a mixture of commuter runs and high speed with the class 395 Javelin and commuters with the class 375. While the route has its minor bugs they are not a problem because they are not game breaking and doesn’t change the experience. The constantly changing speed limits and number of trains driving at once make more a unique and interesting experience with each service. Driving a javelin from St Pancras to Faversham and then driving another service from St Pancras to Faversham, I find that the 2 runs would be different in a good way.
    To me what makes the class 395 Javelin unique is the fact that there are no traction motors in the cab car so although it is quiet when driving you can hear the wind when you are at speed and if you listen for it you can hear the wheel chug on the tracks as you drive over junctions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

No usable yard for freights sucks though.

3. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

...but when/if this is added the route will be exceptional.

My only real complaints (if you can call them complaints) are that the CL375 route feels a bit short and some of the scenery on the high speed section looks odd. It kind of reminds me of the pseudo 3D effect Google Earth gives you when you're looking around at low level. Oh and the framerate plummets on X1X in external view when you zoom outwards and upwards.

4. rhysrobinson336

rhysrobinson336 Member

I believe Matt said on the preview stream that something to do with freight and switching would be added in the first patch.

5. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

To quote a song I like.

Don't believe the hype.

They've known about this being an issue on their games and never address the problem. They can say they will fix it all day long but until I see some actual changes being made I wouldn't hold your breath that it will ever be fixed. Oh well! The rest of the line is really fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Nice one!

7. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Next week lads :)

8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s missing so many Destination boards like London Crossing Road or Dartford and much More and some PIS System don’t Show the Destination on the Station.
    It’s Need to fixed into the Game for the Class 375

9. tornado

tornado New Member

I too am enjoying the SEHS Route , well done to the team for creating a very realistic game. Thank you.

10. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I've just gotten my last 'doable' achievement (I'm not now and not ever wandering around looking for broken fences) and it hasn't in any way felt like a grind so in my mind that speaks volumes for the quality of this route. In fact, only eight of my 103 completed routes are 'depot-Gillingham' so that in itself emphasises the quality and replayability SEHS has to offer.

Things I don't particularly like:
    (1) The Javelin itself. It might look pretty but when it's not hurtling thru tunnels at 130+mph it's slow, cumbersome and just plain horrible to drive.
    (2) Tunnels. Yeah, I know that they're part of the route but that doesn't stop them being long and uninteresting affairs
    (3) Sound and FX. Well, I think I don't like them.....I'll let you know when I actually hear some.

Things I do like:
    (1) Everything else... It's a throwback to the days when DTG made interesting routes.

Glitches/bugs:
    Aside from what has already been mentioned, the only obvious one I've noticed is when the Javelin changes to overhead power at Stratford the destination HUD (top left) doesn't auto change to kilometers (you have to pause and change it in the settings menu).

So yeah, after the initial novelty period i'm still mighty impressed with SEHS and just hope that the diversity trend continues into future addons.