PlayStation Wcml South & South West Trains For Consoles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by phillipa#1949, Feb 7, 2021.

1. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Hi guys

How many of you would be interested in seeing WCML South & South west trains making a Leap from Train simulator to Train Sim world 2 or an Updated console version of either or Both?

2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

LICENSING
    Welcome to the forum by the way :)

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  3. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

Thank-you for making me feel welcome are you trying to see that they can,t require the license to bring it to consoles

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure many people would like to see busy primary routes in game, but you have to remember that the game is currently limited in how much it can do in one space at one time, so places like Euston, Kings Cross, Waterloo, Clapham Junction... They'd give the dispatcher a heart attack and probably make consoles keel over and die.
    This is why what has been produced so far has involved quieter, less populated lines.

There's also the point that unless we have consists available in game they can't be produced quickly, and given we don't have the units that run on those lines it makes it harder.

So even if they did do the SWML, it may not be the London end, it may be the South Coast or similar.

There's also a "development limit" route length wise, so the max at the mo seems to be around 40 miles

5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yeah a nice run from Eastleigh to Poole would be great. About 50 miles in total.

As per limit to the routes. The only limit to the route development in length is the longer the route is the longer development and build time will take longer.

Then you add the the fact the amount of man hours they will spend and have to get paid for.

Regards
    Hentis

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That's what my last line referred to :)

For me a Basingstoke to Reading focussed on freight would be a good line. Loads of SWML 455/450 action possible but tons of freight going from Eastleigh yard and Southampton all over the country
    We shall see when the next route cycle comes out I guess

• Like Like x 1