Make Length Restrictions In Scenario Planner Advisory, Not Mandatory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tonto62, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Firstly, thanks to the team for the improvements to scenario planner. Having more platforms to use in NTP and GWE has made scenario planner much more enjoyable. There are still the annoying restrictions on train length which make it frustrating to use on occasions. I understand that a massively long oil train stuck in a bay platform at Victoria could cause congestion but why can't anything longer than a 2 car DMU call at Slaithewaite for example? A longer train there would not affect anything else. I set up an excursion, common at weekends in the 80s, to call at Greenfield, Mossley and Ashton. The game wouldn't allow my 7 coach train to call at these stations, it was too long. I got round it by not including the stops in the scenario but just called at the stations anyway. If you want to run a long freight it has to start from somewhere like Leeds or Manchester and finish somewhere again, long enough to accept it. It's very limiting and stifles creativity. If people can run huge US diesels in the London Underground or put Tube trains on a TGV line, why is the game so strict on train length? I suggest these restrictions are removed, even if only in Off the Rails mode if at all possible.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That has technical reasons, they need to make sure they can properly spawn the train. However, and that might as well be wrong, when I used it the only hard restriction i believe was the starting point, but I could add stations that were technically too short along the route just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

It does seem patchy to be honest. My outward excursion called at several short stations, no bother, but coming back from Leeds I got all these restrictions.

4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Hmm, it is sometimes strange how things work and others don't. Keeping fingers crossed for v2.0 :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. noahtheaoboss

noahtheaoboss New Member

Yes because I created a GWR livery for the ice 3 as a replacement for the 800, but I can't use it at some stations on the GWE which can be very annoying:(

6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

This is something of a problem for Sand Patch Grade, as some of the longest pre set consists can only spawn in at 1 or 2 locations and makes it extremely hard to set up realistic traffic with proper train lengths.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mrquicko

mrquicko Member

i agree because if a train was 1 metre or so too long it would be a shame not to be able to use it on that scenario