PlayStation My Tsw 2 Wish List

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nighthawkf360, Feb 6, 2021.

1. nighthawkf360

nighthawkf360 New Member

As I'm not a PC user I don't have access to TS2021 but I'm really enjoying TSW2 on PS4 Pro and TSW2020 prior to that but there are however several things that I'd like to see in the game. My wish list is based purely on my experiences on PS4 Pro. I'm sorry if I'm asking for features that already exist on other platforms, I'm aware that each software platform has different capabilities and I really appreciate all of the effort that already goes into the game. In case you can't tell from this list, I live in the UK so it's all related to what I'm the most familiar with.

Features

• More passengers! I'm aware that AI can be quite CPU draining however as all of the NPC are linear in terms of not being able to interact with them it surely must be possible to increase the population on platforms without losing too much performance. Running a peak time service with only one or two passengers getting on in central London can be a bit disappointing.
    • This is just a little tweak but having an NPC platform dispatcher to blow a whistle when it's time to depart the station would be brilliant!
    • I believe that this may already be in the works having watched a recent live stream from Dovetail but automated announcements about upcoming destinations and safety messages would be nice.
    • I'd really like to see dynamic weather added to the game,
    • I much preferred the external camera system on TSW2020 and I'd really like to have the option of positioning my camera how I would like it and saving it as a preset.
    DLC
    • I'm really glad to see the GWE route brought over to TSW2 however it would be really nice to see the GWR BR 800 IET added to the route alongside the retired now GWR Class 43. Extending the route out towards Swindon be nice too, but I know we'd all rather see new routes added instead.
    • CrossCountry would be a fun add-on, for example Cheltenham Spa to Cardiff, with a Class 220/221 Voyager or Class 170 Turbostar.
    • Southwest trains Waterloo to Kingston/Richmond using the BR Class 455.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gronk Honker

Gronk Honker Active Member

Passengers are a known issue that DTG have flagged will need a systematic rebuilding to improve.

GWE is set in 2015, so HSTs had not yet retired at that point and BR 800 IETs were two years from entering service.

You should put your other suggestions on the route suggestions board, they’re all good ones.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. nighthawkf360

nighthawkf360 New Member

Thank you for the advice :)

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

GWE, like all TSW routes, is a time capsule, a period of time cut transversely, either at the time of development, or consciously retro as with NTP and TVL.

GWE is set in 2015-2016, the time when FGW was rebranding as GWR, and electrification of the main line was under construction (you'll notice there's no OHEP installed west of Maidenhead). 800s couldn't run on that route, even if they existed then!