Lgv Mediterranee Or Southeastern High Speed?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by sVig, Feb 9, 2021.

1. sVig

sVig Member

Which would you say is "best". Obviously that's subjective. So which offers more bang for the buck so to speak. How many locos in each? Longest route? Most involving route with more to do? Most scenic (I'm guessing the LGV)? Most challenging?
    Also guessing they both run as smoothly as each other on the Series X?

2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

SEHS offers more bang for your buck, and has future DLC coming.

I love LGV, but it is a limited engagement in that it comes with only 1 train (never more) with 52 services - 8 of which are depot runs, leaving you with just 44 full length services. Assuming you pay $40 for the route, that comes out to just under $1/service.

Realistic timetable or not, LGV is poor value.

• Like Like x 4
  3. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I agree SEHS has more variety, locos and stuff to do but the high speed section is shorter than LGV with tunnels making up a significant amount of that however lower speed limit (225 kmh) means it doesn't massively flyby. I think if you want to drive and experiemce the TGV then it is a good purchase, it's also the fastest route in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Southeastern High Speed is much better if you want to see more trains going past you as you travel up and down the line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Southeastern High Speed is way better value for money, however travelling at 320 km/h on the TGV is an experience like no other. Also, it's the only non-UK/Germany/USA route at the moment and I like that kind of variety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. tornado

tornado New Member

I agree that there is more activity on SEHS compared with LGV, however I do like both routes, and they both run smoothly on my Xbox Ones S, connected to my 4K TV.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

uhhh oakville subdivision isnt UK, USA or Germany

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Despite its flaws, SHS is more value for money than LGV. But I like having the LGV in my collection.

• Like Like x 2
  9. goupil74

goupil74 Member

SHES is more various. LGV is more intensive...

10. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I have not bought SEHS for these reasons:
    - Most of the high speed is through tunnels and high fences like the wall in game of thrones, something I'm not particularly motivated by.
    -The classic section seems to me quite similar to East Coastway, which I already have. And also the 375 is practically identical to the 377.
    -The sounds are very important to me and from what I've seen and what other forumers say this is not exactly what the route excels at.
    -The 30 minute scenarios seem very basic to me and they could have done something more inspired.
    So for me it can wait to buy it on sale.

Instead I bought LGV at full price and I don't regret it:
    -The train is simply spectacular, with very immersive sounds and a good high speed feeling.
    -More than acceptable performance, especially when compared to the previous HMA.
    -The route is a lot of fun and does not get monotonous at all. Marseille very well recreated and a 320 km/h sections with ups and downs where you have to be attentive to keep that beast at the right speed.
    -A new country in TSW with new signage.
    -Good lighting in general, with spectacular sunsets, and the train's headlights illuminate very well, something that normally does not happen for example with German routes.
    -The scenery is a bit more elaborate, especially one where there is climate change.

There are also some negatives:
    -The route is short, despite being 94 Kms, it is done in half an hour. They could have made it all the way to Valence, which would add one more stop.
    -The passengers on this route are simply not there. And here with a duplex TGV it's quite desolate, there are none on the whole train!
    - Much of the route is poorly worked in terms of scenery, especially on the higher speed sections. Very poor textures.

I thought it was going to get repetitive, but I don't know what it is about it, I can't get enough of driving this train up and down, it's a very interesting experience.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

Sehs

Unless you like a train that's damn near impossible to drive, has 3 stations to stop at, and goes in a line. I was so happy to have a French line but this thing is so boring. Yeah surprised no one is mentioning how hard the tgv is to run, it is stupidly complex.

SEHS has much more variety and actually has trains which are easy to learn to drive.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

I think the TGV is easy and pleasant to drive, once you know how it works and get the feeling for it. I also like the LGV route allot and am not bored driving up and down the line:)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

A matter of order :D I would start with the LGV.