Train Sim World: Founders Edition Xbox One...an Honest First Impression...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SimFan, Mar 14, 2018.

1. SimFan

SimFan Member

I have been a rail simulator fan, since the days of microsoft train simulator on PC (please no comments from the peanut gallery on my possible age). My train simulator experience had stopped at rail simulator, since I did not have a decent PC to run the newer train simulators. With all that being said, I do not claim to be an expert, but I do enjoy simulators (racing, flight and train) a lot.

I bought an Xbox One S about a year ago or so and when I saw Train Sim World: Founders Edition (Which will be shortened to TSW in this article) was being released on Xbox One, I had to jump all over it.

I knew what to expect from Dovetail games and the fact that TSW was being released on a console. In other words, I knew to scale back my expectations and let Dovetail games bring TSW to life on the console, one small step at a time.

What I like:
    - I love that dovetail games made TSW an "open" world where you don't just drive a train, you can get out and explore the surroundings. Also, I do like the fact that you can just sit in a service and go as a passenger instead of being a train driver, although I know TSW is about the driving ;)

- All locos seem (Like I sad above, I am no expert on trains) to be realistically modeled. This adds to the overall realism of TSW.

- Passengers which seem to come to life in TSW. I know they had passengers in Rail Simulator, but they did not behave as realistically as they do in TSW.

- Scenery surrounding the GWR route is fantastic.

Minor Issues:
    - Minor screen tearing issues. Namely on the tracks and they just streak upwards.

- Minor frame rate issues.

- Stations seem devoid of passengers/services and depots just do not have any trains in them for you to climb in and drive.

Conclusion:
    Overall, I am enjoying train sim world. The minor niggles are just that to me, minor. Dovetail games have done a great job in bringing TSW to life on the Xbox One and I am positive that the minor issues will be fixed over time.

I am looking forward to the future and seeing where Dovetail games takes TSW on the Xbox One.

The future is bright for TSW and the Xbox One.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Cheesypuff2

Cheesypuff2 Active Member

I would completely agree we all knew it wouldn't be perfect but even so im impressed and i play on the basic xbox one! I cant wait to see what the future holds for this game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. R4G3 x TR0LL3R

R4G3 x TR0LL3R New Member

Completely agree with you, hopefully they do end up bringing an update for the trains in the depot and just more passengers on the platform. As although it's a good sim for what it is. I feel like the stations are kind of bland with passengers and few trains out and about.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Good and fair review. I am enjoying this game. It’s my first train sim experience. It’s a good one so far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. larenasmatias

larenasmatias New Member

My story with train simulators is very similar, I started with MSTS and I continued with rail simulator until train simulator 2012. After that, my PC did not have enough resources to manage the software.

Last year, and because I did not have enough to buy a good PC, I bought an XBOX One and when I started to see clues (last year) about the arrival of TSW to XBOX I began to follow all the posts of Dovetail social networks to be aware of the release date.

After the launch all I can say is that I'm having an excellent time with the game. Despite the small bugs or glitches, I am enjoying going back and forth along the route.

For those who can not buy (for whatever reason) a good PC, I think we are facing a breakthrough in this genre for console and with some adjustments and patches has a great future ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Hi All- new to these forums, but also an old-head Train simmer- played a LOT of MSTS back in the early 2000's. Pretty much exclusively a console gamer at this point- so excited for this!! Agree with the general opinion that TSW on Xbox has a lot of potential. Anyone know if there will be more Scenarios added? Prefer freight trains, so really enjoyed the Aggregate Industry scenario- would love to see more like that.

7. R4G3 x TR0LL3R

R4G3 x TR0LL3R New Member

It's planned for the future, but don't expect to see it anytime soon dude!