Lner East Coast Mainline - New Bundle Idea.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by declanblowes, Oct 28, 2020.

1. declanblowes

declanblowes New Member

An Overview
    In Train sim world, I think we should have the east coast mainline (London Kings X - Edinburgh Waverly) this route has many sights, including Durham Cathedral. It is routinely travelled within the class 800 (Azuma), the class 43 (HST) and the Intercity class 225. The service stops at many stations, including: Newcastle and Durham.

The Route:
    [​IMG]
    The Fleet:

The Class 225
    [​IMG]
    The Class 800 (Azuma)
    [​IMG]

The Class 43 (HST)
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? Let me know! I would love this in train sim world as it is one of the uk's most popular routes travelled.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 23
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The ECML has to make into TSW 2. I’ll be very sad if it doesn’t.

• Like Like x 6
  3. jack.a.varley04

jack.a.varley04 Well-Known Member

Just saying your class 225 is the class 91
    Would love to see it in tsw tho

• Like Like x 4
  4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I agree, it'd be a great route see. The sheer number of different types of rolling stock used on the line makes it an extremely varied and interesting route.
    Though with King's Cross to Edinburgh Waverley alone being 393 miles, I strongly doubt we'll get the full route anytime soon. Sometimes like King's Cross to Peterborough (76 miles) might be more realistic whilst still having the long distance class 800 services and class 700 on local and Thameslink services, this would also be a good start for further route extensions.

• Like Like x 5
  5. declanblowes

declanblowes New Member

If they do it, why not do they not do the full thing? They may aswell!

• Like Like x 1
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Throw in a Class 55 Deltic for railtours and you have a real winner.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Northerner

It'd take them many times longer than any other other route to build which would probably have to be reflected in the price. This is without the rolling stock, I count 25 different passenger classes running between stations on the London to Edinburgh section, this is without all of the freight locos and rolling stock. All of this would take many months to create, in which time several other routes could have been made.
    Personally, I think that route extensions would be the way to go so the route is built up over time which would also allow people to chose individual shorter sections to buy.

• Like Like x 6
  8. adamlucas327

adamlucas327 Member

This would be good to see but unlikely the full London to Edinburgh route. That's jsut way to big and long to drive a train. Its take 4 hours in real life so it would take 4 hours in game time. Most likely route would be London to Peterborough which is good, many stopping service station (Great Northern and theamslink) with high speed. As well as bounds Green depot which is just the best (use to work there to this is my favourite option) the other possible route is York to Edinburgh. Which has historical aspect to it.

• Like Like x 6
  9. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

The best thing about a game versus real life is you can save the game for tomorrow half way through without being lynched by angry passengers, so time is not a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think Newcastle to York or Kings Cross to Peterborough would be realistic propositions. It would be good to see part of this route in TSW. I imagine it will at some point.

For me though Deltics, Peaks, 31's, 47's, 105's and 101's would be a much more attractive proposition.

Although GNER with the class 91's, HST's and a couple of second generation EMU's would be quite interesting.

• Like Like x 5
  11. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

If a Deltic was added they would have to really get the sound right,
    they sound like nothing else
    I was a youngster when they were introduced and lived not far from a mainline station
    so regularly heard them getting up to speed.
    Once heard never forgotten!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This would be a great route to have

• Like Like x 1
  13. Northerner

Could not agree more, the save feature would definitely be of use if we ever get longer routes.

And don't get me wrong, the full route would be fantastic, I'd love to one day fly down the line driving a King's Cross to Waverley service at 125mph or trundle north from Newcastle driving a 142 on the Chathill Flyer. I just think we're quite a few years off getting the full route, unless DTG miraculously discover a way to make longer routes in shorter time scales.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

Thoroughly agree, the class 800 would be fantastic on TSW 2, and all the sights would be genuinely astonishing. Nice suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  15. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

I love the Azuma. It has such a modern and unique style. Would love to see this route and ones like it(that are longer than current routes).

• Like Like x 2
  16. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

+1
    Would like any of this two "eras"

• Like Like x 2
  17. declanblowes

declanblowes New Member

thank you for all of the attention this post is getting! lets keep boosting this! I think we would all love the class 800 in train sim world!

• Like Like x 3
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd like the ECML, but set a bit further out of London. Full route is out of the question, I'd say between 70 and 100km is the lenght of TSW maps. While I'd love the London to Peterborough section as I loved it in RW, I'd prefer if it was set up more to the north, we already have a lot of lines near London (GWE, SE HS), maybe in the future Lon-Brighton so I'd love to see it in some other places, you guys that know the route better than me can give more useful advice on that. I just hope they'll give us the substitution between IC225s and HSTs and separate services for the 800s (only if we get the LNER livery or we can create one ourselves and have the game only spawn with that livery)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Newcastle to Edinburgh would be my fav, it's a bit long (120 miles) but we would have the Morpeth curve, a bit of coastside running and beautiful scenery.

• Like Like x 4
  20. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

Mhm! I would love to have some coast routes.

• Like Like x 2
  21. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

We have one, ECW, unfortunately they missed the actual bit where you can see the coast! Apart from tantalising glimpses on the Seaford branch!

• Like Like x 2
  22. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Would Peterborough to York not be a good section, has the section between Peterborough and Grantham where the high speed record was recorded.

Also the amount of units is amazing, they could start with IC225 type 91/mk4 sets and the new class 800.

With the release of GWE gives opportunity of HST sets and then as future dlc they could add class 180s which where used by Hull trains and still used by Grand Central.

People really love there old locomotives so to add the Deltics would also work well I think and leaves options for future expansion to say Sheffield which would bring class 220/221 of cross country, class 185 transpennine and finally class 15x for northern.

Overall a good length with a bit of history and a large bag if potential expansion to it, theres even more than I recommended.

Unfortunately I agree London to Edinburgh is way to long, any portion north of Peterborough would be great as London is well served right now.

• Like Like x 5
  23. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

A full route would be good but the download size would be big. King X to York and Edinburgh Waverley to Newcastle would be ideal. If ECML was to be added on TSW2 Crosscountry would also be added with the Class 220 & 221 Supervoyger

• Like Like x 2
  24. Declan_B

Declan_B New Member

Hi everyone! This is me, my password won’t reset so this is my account instead.

• Like Like x 1
  25. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Love these ideas, particularly the Deltics and Class 180s which could be used on GWE and any East Coast route in the Grand Central livery. The Class 91+Mk4+DVT (IC225) sets were also a superb option and had great power. Please make these suggestions reality DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Declan_B

Declan_B New Member

Yes that’s the spirit!

• Like Like x 1
  27. Declan_B

Declan_B New Member

I personally think if we get this route it should be split into 2, Edinburgh to Newcastle and then Newcastle to London.

• Like Like x 1
  28. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Split the route into 3 Edinburgh to Newcastle, Newcastle to York or Doncaster to London with LNER and Crosscountry ( Edinburgh to Newcastle and York)

• Like Like x 7
  29. deano954

deano954 Member

I totally agree I would love to see this in Train Sim World 2 and it would be great for business, I think it would have to be in 3 parts
    part 1 London King's Cross to York,
    Part 2 York to Newcastle,
    And part 3 Newcastle to Edinburgh Waverley.
    DOVETAIL PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  30. Declan_B

Declan_B New Member

YES! An even better idea! DTG pls make this reality! I’m begging you!

• Like Like x 2
  31. Jezame

Jezame Member

If they split the route into chunks, then they could do something whereby the sync the service mode between them so the service codes and times remain consistent. So for instance say you did London to Doncaster and the service started at 6:35am and had the code 2T8P (making this up), then once you arrive in Doncaster and complete that part of the route you then switch to the next section DLC and look up code 2T8P and carry on the next section. I think this would be the nearest we would get to doing a longer route.

Plus if it was split into multiple parts then lets face it a large amount of people (myself included) would probably buy all the sections, so there is money to be made there. Plus asset and loco reuse might mean the separate DLC chunks are easier to develop?

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I would love to see this route in TSW and shouldn't be to difficult to get the licenses with it being publicly owned. It would be very sad if they didn't add it since its a very iconic route in the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  33. mg05stewc

mg05stewc New Member

This would be an amazing section modern day with a Azuma, IC225, HST Skin, and a DLC for the Scotrail 385, Xcountry 221 and a Northern pacer.
    DTG were also talking about asset management and layers being adjusted in future so longer routes could come soon, hopefully!

• Like Like x 2
  34. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I would like to see parts or all of this too, set in the modern era would be great with 125, 225 and 800s between them spanning many decades. The 225 and 800 would be great additions for use in several existing routes including GWE.

Even TS is struggling to get full routes like this though so it really would have to be chunks rather than the whole thing given the higher detail levels in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  35. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

The Scotrail 385s run on the E&G line, it doesn't run on the ECML

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

It's a great idea for a new British Route that also includes High Speed Trains and also modern trains (800).

• Like Like x 3
  37. mg05stewc

mg05stewc New Member

ECML operations of the 385 in 6 car formations from Edinburgh to N Berwick and Dunbar serving the 6 ECML stations north of the border. Class 380 4 car units also operate in this area. Both types have operated on the line since their introduction.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

I can’t see DTG going as far as North Berwick and Dunbar, i can see E&G, Dundee,Alloa and Dunblane been added from Queen Street

39. mg05stewc

mg05stewc New Member

A scottish route would be great, but E&G would benifit from the 170 and a 385 but thats off topic. However if there is a E&G for TSW the assets would work with the NCL-EDI sector of a ECML run if it was ever to come to reality

• Like Like x 1
  40. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yes please :D

• Like Like x 1
  41. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Great idea, this has to make it in to the game as the first long route to drive, high speed, freight, commuter stoppers, depots, yards. I'm in

• Like Like x 1
  42. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

I would love to see this but we may not get the full thing. London Kings cross to Peterborough will be OK. If DTG don't make any ecml then they have missed a trick.

• Like Like x 3
  43. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Great Idea, however I think they should break it down into segments like TS for 2 reasons
    1. Lag. The way the game runs it makes 393 miles highly unlikely for one route
    2. Opportunity. As well as LNER, there is opportunity for other services, in the London - Peterborough you could have Thameslink, for example. I like the idea but it's a bit unrealistic for it to be a single route together, split it up and you've got a serious chance of this

• Like Like x 3
  44. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

York - Newcastle - Sunderland
    With lines Going to Sunderland from
    Northallerton junction.
    Also could have diversion scenarios

45. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree with your suggestion :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  46. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think it's a great route. It's not the class 225, it's the class 91. It's colloquially known as the 'Intercity 225', because it has a maximum speed of 225km/h.

• Like Like x 2
  47. jdonaldson56

jdonaldson56 Member

I really like the idea of the ECML and I really hope it comes to TSW2 in the not too distant future!

• Like Like x 2