PC Sehs Issues/bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ben_Broomfield, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Hiya, just a few minor issues that I was surprised to see whilst playing...

New signals seem to fade into a different aspect colour when looking off-axis; such as a red aspect looking like a single yellow when viewed from a different angle.

Missing indicator/gauge lights on 395? Either the button is non existent or the button I think that is supposed to turn them on doesn’t work?

395 Tail lights remain on when a coupler hatch is open regardless of the switch state in the cab; hence why coupled units have tail lights on even if it states it’s off in the cab.

Far too loud 395 PBC handle noise - even louder than the inside running sounds!

Some traction motor bogies on the 395 not outputing joint sounds or just sound in general!

‘Contact Signaller’ phone boxes (very nice touch/‘feature’); but does nothing?

This mite just be me with my lack of knowledge on 395s (so apologies!); surely the ‘AC’ button is used in changing between Overheads/third rail instead of the Cnt button?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

CTRL setting for running on the HS1 is the correct setting. I believe it is because the AC overhead wires that Network Rail uses and the one on the HS1 have different wire tensioning. Similar to the TGV, where you would use the LGV pantograph settings when entering the high speed line section instead of the AC pantograph settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Absolutely. The door klaxons are also far too loud, almost as if they're sounding directly on top of you. They need reducing and muffling.

The track sounds are far too quiet. Even with the door open they're non existent. If only they were this quiet in reality!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Fabulous! You learn something new everyday - appreciated

5. tubefan1973

tubefan1973 Well-Known Member

The throttle handle should be Parallel to the front console of the cab and not at an angle, it is only at an angle when the driver releases it

6. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

I’m glad that it helped.

• Like Like x 1
  7. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

Notice when braking on the 395 goes from 0 to 3 on breaking not 1 or 2

8. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

Maybe the minimum brake setting for the 395 is 30% braking? I'm not sure. But the 395 uses smooth braking instead of notches.

• Like Like x 1
  9. seancrabtree2003

Just noticed on the stream about it too didn't notice it before

10. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Also, al the AI 395s have their headlights in Night Mode settings all the time.
    Plus the doors can be opened at any speed.

11. seancrabtree2003

Notice 9:16 service on pis from Sittingbourne to Gillingham on Platform 2 never happend but was on the board at platform 2 and also it said about rainham at 9:33

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  12. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

A few more bits:

Cannot complete scenario called Tricky Tunnels: upon arriving at Ebbsfleet you get a green signal, then a there is a TVM stop signal just beyond the flyover (should that signal be green?).
    I stopped short of the TVM stop signal with [000] on the display. It cleared to [100] after the line cleared. As soon as you move the throttle the TVM alarm goes off and the train brakes go to emergency. I cleared the alarm by resetting the combined throttle brake controller, but as soon as you move it re-occurs.

Cannot complete Shopping Shuttle for same reason - Also on the inbound journey from St Pan to Ebbsfleet you are brought over to the up platform. Fair enough but theres no warning of this from the TVM or signals and you invariably cross over the pointwork at a much higher speed than you should. The TVM should be bringing your speed down to make a safe crossover.

When leaving a class 395 at Faversham, I left the cab - The AI driver picked it up and drove towards the Dover portal. I could hear the Vigilance alarm beeping really loudly while I was on the platform until the train had gone into the portal.

When there is a 12 car 395 both sets have tail lights on - in the middle of the train.

There's no traction/brake interlock (is there on in real life). I got the train to roll forwards with the passenger doors open. The train hit around 6kph then the doors closed by themselves. Normally modern units don't allow brake release when the doors are open.

Not quite sure how, at least the two scenarios problems were not picked up upon before release tbh! Gave up after that.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I've experienced this as well, however with the 375 as opposed to 395. It's rather annoying, and means you have to quit the session.

14. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

Encountered this problem as well, the red signal is cause by the train from the opposite direction as you will go on the other side of the track due to the right side of the track being closed.
    However, the TVM is bugged and the only work around is to isolate the system temporarily going through the signal. Or you could just continue through multiple emergency brake application until the TVM display has been updated again.

15. Martin13

Martin13 Well-Known Member

That is how it is in reality, the minimum braking is 30%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. champs7007

champs7007 Guest

A couple I have picked up on also, Newington has no stop car marks. There’s a few 395 services missing mainly some of the trains that terminate at Faversham and go back to St Pancras. Also just driven in the snow, no moisture or precipitation on the 395 windowscreen stopped or at speed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Thank you, this answered my question as well

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. nuno.andradegb

nuno.andradegb Member

I'm having a weird one when leaving Faversham with the 395 it activates the emergency brakes as I drive past the first signal (showing a clear aspect).
    Note that KVB, TVM, DSD and AWS are all activated.

19. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

CTRL stands for Channel Tunnel Rail Link which is basically another name for HS1. Just in case you were wondering why the button was named that way.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. prg350

prg350 New Member

Few issues I’ve found are:
    1. AI traction sounds are just weird and not right
    2. I’m not sure if the acceleration/braking isnt right but it’s really hard to keep to timetable. Ie you have to drive it like you stole it to not end up a few mins late. Usually drivers only drive this hard to make up time! It seems extra sluggish on DC to me (I know it’s slower than ohp but it seems much slower than a 375 especially at the top end).
    3. The well documented fireflies and lighting issues in the tunnels
    4. The lack of traction sound and any exterior sound from within the cab or carriages. I used to take these every day to work and they def make a noise even in the non motor carriages. It’s just too quiet IMO. Also would be realistic albeit slightly annoying to have the air rushing sound in the tunnels. If you’ve been on a 395 in real life you’ll know what I mean, especially in the hs1 tunnels at speed.
    overall it’s excellent though so very happy with it

22. Jordanb123

Jordanb123 Member

Probably a good idea to watch yesterdays roadmaps stream. They disclose any fixes coming to SeHS in the next patch so if there is something you think is an issue it may be in the next update.

23. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

I believe it was because TSW timetable is slightly ahead of the real life timetable.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/shs-high-speed-services-timetable.34765/#post-247723
    Referring to above post for the timetable issue.
    The 395 acceleration is fine as it’s built for high speed where the gear ratio would lead to the trains slow acceleration but faster high speed.
    The reason is that under 750V DC, the power is way less comparing with 25kV AC
    Traction motors aren’t able to draw that much power under DC and so there is a more sluggish acceleration.