Extracting Pak Files And Editing Physics.

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by ghawk2005, Jan 31, 2021.

1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I am desperate to start tweaking physics like I did so easily for TS2021

Has anyone managed to do it yet? I have TSWToolkit but can’t extract paks at all. Installed everything that’s needed but it won’t extract anything

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. ghawk2005

Oh I have just solved one of the issues - You need to run the TSWToolKit as administrator.

Right now I have unpacked the whole game - where do I start in terms of editing these physics then? In TS2021 it was in the Simulation folder of the loco and then you had to run it via serz.exe to create a text file and then edit it, run it back into serz.exe and it would convert it back to the config file. What do we do with TSW2?

3. ghawk2005

I am here, so close, but can’t find a way to actually edit the bloody things.

Attached Files:

4. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

From memory, uasset files cannot be opened in the editor unless you have the right header that Dovetail Games are using or extracted it as a TGA / WAV (respectively for textures and sounds). Even that, the uasset file is cooked which is compressed heavily which is barebones.

I'm assuming here but I firmly believe physics isn't something you can change without SimuGraph plugin which is DTG has and probs won't release due to the editor. You could try hex-code but I'm not too sure if that would even work.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  5. ghawk2005

Thank you for the reply. I think it’s disgusting that we can’t put right the physics according to our real life recordings and timings. TS2021 was so easy to edit any correct DTG’s appalling physics blunders. Such a bad decision not to include a physics editor!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Be disgusted if you like, but Epic's license to DTG doesn't permit them to release Unreal code to the public

7. ghawk2005

I don’t want the code. I just want a basic frigging physics editor, to put the game right !!!

8. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

I hate to break it to you but UE is completely free to the public...

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

But it is NOT free to commercial developers. DTG are not "the public" and have to pay a license fee plus royalties, and are bound by Epic's license agreement.

10. OsamaBinLiftin

OsamaBinLiftin Active Member

I don't understand the issue though. Any of us can download UE 4.23 for noncommercial use (each of us won't make 1mil+ from our mods), so why can't we edit things just like the devs. It's all the same engine.